Man screams and vomits after finding cockroach in ban mian from Yishun stall

The_King

A man was enjoying some noodles for lunch on Saturday (Dec 5) when the discovery of a cockroach in his food turned his pleasure into disgust.

Stomper Tan said he immediately screamed and went to vomit. He also felt uncomfortable and unwell the whole day.

According to Tan, he had ordered three bowls of noodles for himself and two friends at noon.

The order, made via Foodpanda, was from Taste Beyond Taste Ban Mian & Fish Soup at Block 156 Yishun Street 11.

Tan recounted: "I ate first, before my two friends, because I was too hungry already.

"After eating like five to seven mouthfuls of noodles and soup. I found a six-legged insect inside my food.

"My mind turned blank. I screamed and rushed to the toilet to vomit out my food.

"I felt extremely uncomfortable afterwards and hid in my room the whole day without lunch and dinner. I also felt unwell and traumatised."

Tan said he reported the matter to the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) on the same day. He has also received a full refund from Foodpanda.

The Stomper, who shared photos of the incident, added: "I don't want to push 100% blame to the restaurant as the insect went into the soup without their acknowledgement.

"I just want to remind everyone during this pandemic to kindly pay extra care to the contents of their food before eating."

In response to a Stomp query, the SFA said it inspected the food stall upon receiving feedback.

"We did not detect any infringements of our food safety and hygiene requirements during inspection," it added.

"Food safety is a joint responsibility. While SFA puts in place and enforces the regulatory measures, food operators must play their part by adhering to good food hygiene and preparation practices.

"Members of the public who come across any potentially errant food operator should report to SFA via its online feedback form. As part of the enquiry and gathering of evidence, SFA may engage the feedback provider for more details."

The SFA also said it will not hesitate to take enforcement action against errant food operators if sufficient evidence is obtained.

cockroachmain_0.jpg

• wtf 1

Could be mistaken for prawn

but wait 

this is bar chor

seow leow phobia for life

sue for 5 million 

but please dont kena like pub lady hor

• Wahaha 1

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

On 12/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, The_King said:

"I felt extremely uncomfortable afterwards and hid in my room the whole day without lunch and dinner. I also felt unwell and traumatised."

huh a man or a girl? obviously this guy nvr go army b4? or either he is a clerk or a FT? 

i will not scream or feel scare or whatever shit. i will just feel fucking pissed with the stall only. if i ate on the spot i will go fuck the stall owner upside down. 

• Wahaha 2

1 hour ago, Coffee_O said:

huh a man or a girl? obviously this guy nvr go army b4? or either he is a clerk or a FT? 

i will not scream or feel scare or whatever shit. i will just feel fucking pissed with the stall only. if i ate on the spot i will go fuck the stall owner upside down. 

This type story I thought only happens in movies

On 12/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, The_King said:

"My mind turned blank. I screamed and rushed to the toilet to vomit out my food.

cockroachmain_0.jpg

if he is so scared and traumatised, who took this nice photo of the dead pinoy with minced meat, noodles, veg and soup in the background?

i would feel disgusted, cursed and maybe take photo afterwards. dont think i will be so calm to compose such a nice photo.

• Wahaha 1