Anything related to your home

The_King

5 minutes ago, The_King said:

why? dulux? more lasting? or better quality paint?

my painting is jin kaisu got 5 layer of coat with  4 different paint. heng it only 2 room flat, else my body breakdown

Moi lasted 12 yrs.....what do you think?

• Thanks 1

giphy.gifTVB for life...

update:

My Reno sequence:

1) Get ready and order from JD, TB and other online sites like tap, rainshower, kitchen sink, E27 LED light, trunking, paint brush, tape etc......)

2) HDB defects rectification using home 3rd party inspection (1-time inspections cause cheaper)

3) Home Reno defects rectification using  3rd party inspection for home Reno (Comprehensive package with 3 inspections)

4) hacking wall (a small wall 80cm length)  for 2 room BTO

5) Wet works in the kitchen + installing kitchen sink

6) Drilling Hole thur wall for LAN Cables (if needed)

7) Gas pipings for kitchen

8) electrical works (fixture of lighting) (depending if floor is stable enough without flooring)

9) trunking & piping for aircon

10) Flooring and checking of flooring (if vinyl flooring, will skip step 3 and just opt for 3 inspections at step 2 and if tiles will go as plan)

11) Covering of Flooring

12) Installing Door

13) Electrical works (fixture of lighting) (if it is stable enough it will be done at step 8)

14) General cleaning, covering (those that needed to cover )and preparing, dusting, wiping the ceiling,  wall and trim etc... for painting

15) Painting

16) Aircon

17) Wall shelf in kitchen and living room and other simple drill

18) Plumber works (Toilet & kitchen: showerhead, tap, water pipe)

19) Laying LAN Cables

20) general cleaning of the whole house

21 ) Furniture

Edited by The_King

• 2 weeks later...

Which shower head to choose?

Cost: $170 + (shipping ezbuy $3)

What is my choice: 

304不锈钢浴花洒套
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.34e4509867i9of&id=543134582083&ns=1&abbucket=10  (model: S7 original color)

Summary:
304 stainless stain multi showerhead. it internal piping is already installed as shown below.

Others:

O1CN01rafNw61TpRO3H3xP6_!!0-rate.jpg_400

O1CN011POnkf1TpRNzXIx0M_!!0-rate.jpg_400

update. i may get this

intresting showerhead, i think i may get this over the taobao 8-10 showehead that blast water from 180degree direction. no choice, have to think long term

https://nebia.com/

Edited by The_King

Which windows to choose?

Cost: 

Less then $80 + shipping

What is my choice: 

solar film (玖扬旗舰店) from Taobao to DIY myself

Option: Z 2 + 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.4afb602fkpVaKO&id=571064508805&ns=1&abbucket=11

Summary:

Q20 (Else Z5 is the safe choice but since i DIY it ok on the cost)

Others:

NA

Update on solar film.

i got myself a cheap with low reflective since it just to practice, learning and testing it out.

i did not fully make sure i fully setup the solar flim to the window before i cut off the extra. Big mistake,  as after 100% setup the solar flim to the windows glass, the failed cut is too big.

there  also 4 bubble line ( 3 to 6cm) which i cant get rid off. even  thought i try to remove and resetup[again

lesson learned: setup the solar flim to the windows glass first FULLY  before cutting the extra, dont halfway cut then and then it too late

total damage $10.

RTF: worth it, cause for only $10 i can live with the 4 bubble line and the bad cutting

IMG-20191222-155505.jpg
IMG-20191222-160653.jpg

Edited by The_King

@chamfer or @meng.huat or @invis   anyone can help to untiong.

for this solar film 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.4afb602fkpVaKO&id=571064508805&ns=1&abbucket=11&skuId=4025346863963

can help me to check if the Q series and Z series using  Ceramic or metal.

Reason is :

Ceramic films (Non reflective ) work by absorbing solar heat at the glass panel

Metal films (reflective)  work by reflective solar heat away from the glass panel

There another solar film (reflective) that use sputtered film . i wonder if can help to untiong also.

thanks

Edited by The_King

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, The_King said:

@chamfer or @meng.huat or @invis   anyone can help to untiong.

for this solar film 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.4afb602fkpVaKO&id=571064508805&ns=1&abbucket=11&skuId=4025346863963

can help me to check if the Q series and Z series using  Ceramic or metal.

Reason is :

Ceramic films (Non reflective ) work by absorbing solar heat at the glass panel

Metal films (reflective)  work by reflective solar heat away from the glass panel

There another solar film (reflective) that use sputtered film . i wonder if can help to untiong also.

thanks

afaik it didn't state its ceramic or metallic based film

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Update on solar film.

i got myself a cheap with low reflective since it just to practice, learning and testing it out.

i did not fully make sure i fully setup the solar flim to the window before i cut off the extra. Big mistake,  as after 100% setup the solar flim to the windows glass, the failed cut is too big.

there  also 4 bubble line ( 3 to 6cm) which i cant get rid off. even  thought i try to remove and resetup[again

lesson learned: setup the solar flim to the windows glass first FULLY  before cutting the extra, dont halfway cut then and then it too late

total damage $10.

RTF: worth it, cause for only $10 i can live with the 4 bubble line and the bad cutting

IMG-20191222-155505.jpg
IMG-20191222-160653.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

learn something new again. Now i have no problem buy bulk dry goods. hahahahahaha

long term storage for dry goods that will last between 10 and 20 years

it called Oven Canning or dry canning for dry goods (like bean, rice, noodles, flour, cracker  etc....)

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

i found it. 

Turn fire into electricity with BioLite's award-winning stove. Patented combustion technology creates a vortex of smokeless flames for a portable campfire that can cook your meals and charge your gear, all at the same time. Leave the gas canisters behind and unlock the potential of the sticks and twigs around you.

Smokeless Flames

BioLite's patented combustion technology burns off smoke before it has the chance to escape the fire. Control the size of your flame with 4 fan speeds.

Turn Fire Into Electricity

Create 3 watts of electricity from the heat of your fire and use it to charge devices in real-time or store for later use with on-board 2600mAh battery

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/A93FF31A-F754-499F-A8C9-A2D161B27F22

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/campstove-2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any advise for these 3 home Design?

i have choosen this 3 home design which is good but kinda hard to decide. Anyone using all these design care to share or comment?

the 3 home design are:
Rustic
Minimalist
japandi

Rustic: Defined, rustic style is a design emphasis on rugged, natural beauty. It embraces nature-inspired textures, simple and earthy colors, and ultimately an unpretentious, organic warmth.

Minimalist: Simplicity in form and function. Uncomplicated cladding & wall finishes. Clean, open, light-filled spaces. Simple detailing devoid of decoration. Strategic use of materials for visual interest, texture, and personality.

Japandi: Japandi word is the fusion between Japanese and Scandinavian words. It's the name of a rising design trend and philosophy which blends both styles. ... Both cultures have very similar aesthetics and design, based on minimalism, on a quiet appreciation of beauty in the functional, and a calm and serene approach to life.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, invis said:

editing post is possible within 5mins after posting. 

this thread is update when there new info.

if cant itok but can i get you replace for me if i need to replace a post with new data or add new info?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, The_King said:

this thread is update when there new info.

if cant itok but can i get you replace for me if i need to replace a post with new data or add new info?

I dun really want to restrict you, and its not you that I am restricting. Its a global setting by the forum.  

Maybe you would like to continue the thread with new postings rather than editing the 1st post? In this case, people can regularly be updated if they subscribed to your thread. 

If the editing is done, they will not get notifications on postings being edited. 

I think its good for your fans, readers, and people interested in the thread. They do not need to go back to the 1st posts to be updated with the edits. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, invis said:

I dun really want to restrict you, and its not you that I am restricting. Its a global setting by the forum.  

Maybe you would like to continue the thread with new postings rather than editing the 1st post? In this case, people can regularly be updated if they subscribed to your thread. 

If the editing is done, they will not get notifications on postings being edited. 

I think its good for your fans, readers, and people interested in the thread. They do not need to go back to the 1st posts to be updated with the edits. 

ok thanks