Anything related to your home

The_King

• 4 weeks later...

please read the latest post and if post 1 link is not correct just search around this thread .

Else go to this link for easier to read

https://forum.slumlife.org/discussion/1958/anything-related-to-your-home/p1

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/anything-related-your-home-5897077.html

Which flooring to choose?

Cost:

WIP, guess is 4K

What is my choice:

wooden style tiles  (2nd)
marbles style tiles (1st)
and many other design

Summary:

i choose tiles due as it time tested, and i know all the pros and cons with tiles, for vinyl it is not time tested like.

one thing for sure base on home owner with vinyl after 1 yr. Scratch on vinyl cant be seen with naked eyes but with good lighting its obvious.

thing to note

1st:
a chair with roller weight 18kg + my weight of 100kg = 118kg at the same spot with live and dead load for 10yr or 15yr for 4 to 8hr per day

what will happen to that vinyl area? no one know, as warranty is not covered for this.

2nd:
vinyl is waterproof, as simple as plastic is waterproof. but will the water go in between the gap of the vinyl of both vinyl and to the cement base? again not enough data on this

as vinyl is made up of layer and layer, it may peel, so need to check warranty on that. is peeling cover under warranty, if yes how many yrs?

3rd:

Another potential drawback is that vinyl may be prone to indentation in areas where heavy things such as beds, fridges etc.... are placed

4th:

tiles cons are , popping of tiles (if not install properly) , it may chip if you drop something heavy and hard, tiles grout will have mold and mildew, tiles are cold

Others:
NA

Which flooring to choose?

Cost:

WIP, guess is 4K

What is my choice:

wooden style tiles  (2nd)
marbles style tiles (1st)
and many other design

Summary:

i choose tiles due as it time tested, and i know all the pros and cons with tiles, for vinyl it is not time tested like.

one thing for sure base on home owner with vinyl after 1 yr. Scratch on vinyl cant be seen with naked eyes but with good lighting its obvious.

thing to note

1st:
a chair with roller weight 18kg + my weight of 100kg = 118kg at the same spot with live and dead load for 10yr or 15yr for 4 to 8hr per day

what will happen to that vinyl area? no one know, as warranty is not covered for this.

2nd:
vinyl is waterproof, as simple as plastic is waterproof. but will the water go in between the gap of the vinyl of both vinyl and to the cement base? again not enough data on this

as vinyl is made up of layer and layer, it may peel, so need to check warranty on that. is peeling cover under warranty, if yes how many yrs?

3rd:

Another potential drawback is that vinyl may be prone to indentation in areas where heavy things such as beds, fridges etc.... are placed

4th:

tiles cons are , popping of tiles (if not install properly) , it may chip if you drop something heavy and hard, tiles grout will have mold and mildew, tiles are cold

Others:
NA

Edited by The_King

22 minutes ago, Camper said:

You move in to new home already?

Im moving out of my current home in 2 weeks time. Busy packing. Mountains of trash. Headache.

not yet, still got 2 more years, but now is research, research, research for practical stuff 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_King said:

not yet, still got 2 more years, but now is research, research, research for practical stuff 

A lot of things no need do. I do liao regret. Waste money. Like window grills, last time people say do in case children climb. But ah.. have child liao then install mah.. till now also no baby, pointless.

Kitchen no need full suites.. just 1 portable infrared cooker, one air fryer, one microwave oven, one electric kettle. Done.

Aircon, go for mitsubishi, cheaper and parts replacement easy. I self wash periodically.

Sofa, no need till you feel that you need it.

Tv, waste money. Watch on computer and phone can liao.

Mattress and pillows, get a good one bah. Having back and neckache is terrible.

My next home also minimal reno. Unless required due to fengshui, im not going to spend 😅

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Camper said:

A lot of things no need do. I do liao regret. Waste money. Like window grills, last time people say do in case children climb. But ah.. have child liao then install mah.. till now also no baby, pointless.

Kitchen no need full suites.. just 1 portable infrared cooker, one air fryer, one microwave oven, one electric kettle. Done.

Aircon, go for mitsubishi, cheaper and parts replacement easy. I self wash periodically.

Sofa, no need till you feel that you need it.

Tv, waste money. Watch on computer and phone can liao.

Mattress and pillows, get a good one bah. Having back and neckache is terrible.

My next home also minimal reno. Unless required due to fengshui, im not going to spend 😅

thanks for the input

i guess, for sofa (elder wanted not me, cause i have no need for a sofa but they complain how can home dont have sofa, like this not home), projector or maybe TV i will hold on until i feel it is needed, in this case i have to plan for my room without those 2.

my aircon is dual system of mitsubishi and dalkin 

Mattress and pillows is from European bedding, full latex Mattress

kitchen is a dough mixer, 2 thermal cooker (to save money, which i use it daily for our cooking which is in the food thread) and 1 oven to bake my sourdough bread and to roast/bake food if needed and for water, me using apec water filter from usa, so no need to boil water (to boil water, i got free way to boil water without spending money, only need time).

just to add my water filter primary role is to remove Chloramine . they got 3 different model, but i choose the one that remove Chloramine . detail here https://www.freedrinkingwater.com/wfs-1000-replacement-filters

what is your advise?

Edited by The_King

16 minutes ago, The_King said:

thanks for the input

i guess, for sofa (elder wanted not me, cause i have no need for a sofa but they complain how can home dont have sofa, like this not home), projector or maybe TV i will hold on until i feel it is needed, in this case i have to plan for my room without those 2.

my aircon is dual system of mitsubishi and dalkin 

Mattress and pillows is from European bedding, full latex Mattress

kitchen is a dough mixer, 2 thermal cooker (to save money, which i use it daily for our cooking which is in the food thread) and 1 oven to bake my sourdough bread and to roast/bake food if needed and for water, me using apec water filter from usa, so no need to boil water (to boil water, i got free way to boil water without spending money, only need time).

what is your advise?

Aircon is two seperate systems? I think we did talk about this before. Forgot your reasoning.

1 other advice is to use led lights. Energy saving and dont need to change often. Lastly aircon use dry mode..

14 minutes ago, Camper said:

Aircon is two seperate systems? I think we did talk about this before. Forgot your reasoning.

1 other advice is to use led lights. Energy saving and dont need to change often. Lastly aircon use dry mode..

2 aircon in 2 CB, one off and another on, after 2 month, i switch, bui bui cannot no aircon

yes i planing to use led but my light i got free way to create light

Edited by The_King

43 minutes ago, The_King said:

2 aircon in 2 CB, one off and another on, after 2 month, i switch, bui bui cannot no aircon

yes i planing to use led but my light i got free way to create light

Free way? 😱

You tapping onto gahmen electricity is it lol.

Actually not wise to alternate aircon this way. Dry mode aircon i dont off aircon. Per month electricity usage less than national average.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Camper said:

Free way? 😱

You tapping onto gahmen electricity is it lol.

Actually not wise to alternate aircon this way. Dry mode aircon i dont off aircon. Per month electricity usage less than national average.

not gahmen electricity, that one need to pay. what free is from the SUN , earth, etcc and from me.

storeroom and toilet is gravity light and living room and kitchen is nowlight

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

not gahmen electricity, that one need to pay. what free is from the SUN , earth, etcc and from me.

storeroom and toilet is gravity light and living room and kitchen is nowlight

Must make sure there is sufficient brightness in the home. And i suggest less fixed fittings like feature walls for example. I wished i hadnt do all this. Want to shift not so easy. Want to dispose also got problems. Repair is a PITA.. ikea type is the right way to go.. spoil, replace. simple.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Camper said:

Must make sure there is sufficient brightness in the home. And i suggest less fixed fittings like feature walls for example. I wished i hadnt do all this. Want to shift not so easy. Want to dispose also got problems. Repair is a PITA.. ikea type is the right way to go.. spoil, replace. simple.

thanks for the advise, i thought of a feature wall with real brick but  later give give up as it waste money.

the light amazon also selling other  with solar panel for led light 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Camper said:

what you mean dry mode. i know aircon even if switch off the compressor is still using energy

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

thanks for the advise, i thought of a feature wall with real brick but  later give give up as it waste money.

the light amazon also selling other  with solar panel for led light 

The solar panel.. need licensed electrician to do up for you i think. That cost is quite high actually and in the end the system dont save much, was my conclusion.. maybe the efficiency now is different.

what you mean dry mode. i know aircon even if switch off the compressor is still using energy

Dry mode is the water droplet sign. It keeps your room in humidity level of around 40% to 50% i think. It feels like ang moh country type of weather.

The solar panel.. need licensed electrician to do up for you i think. That cost is quite high actually and in the end the system dont save much, was my conclusion.. maybe the efficiency now is different.

thanks i stick with nowlight and Glight then

• Like 1

Dry mode is the water droplet sign. It keeps your room in humidity level of around 40% to 50% i think. It feels like ang moh country type of weather.

how long do i need to wait for humidity to drop to 40 to 50?

2 minutes ago, The_King said:

how long do i need to wait for humidity to drop to 40 to 50?

1hr or so. You need time to get used to this type of cooling. A few months to see the savings..

This is my bill. I dont off aircon at all.

Also, tip is to bath without heater. Saves water and electricity..

647324231_Screenshot_20200730-091946_SPUtilities.thumb.jpg.c679b7dadb2cc3dbe6e6c5570d0f99b3.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Camper said:

1hr or so. You need time to get used to this type of cooling. A few months to see the savings..

This is my bill. I dont off aircon at all.

Also, tip is to bath without heater. Saves water and electricity..

647324231_Screenshot_20200730-091946_SPUtilities.thumb.jpg.c679b7dadb2cc3dbe6e6c5570d0f99b3.jpg

btw  I dont off aircon at all. also will this mode need the compressor to be working? as in since it 24/7, the compressor will wear out or not.

thanks for this tips, my new home dont have heater. have been training to give up on hot water

• Like 1

btw  I dont off aircon at all. also will this mode need the compressor to be working? as in since it 24/7, the compressor will wear out or not.

thanks for this tips, my new home dont have heater. have been training to give up on hot water

It runs the compressor but not at full power mode like when using cool mode. It will run, idle, run idle. Hence my electricity is as such given that i dont off aircon.

I think without heater is ok. The most if really cold, boil a pot of water gao dimz.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Camper said:

It runs the compressor but not at full power mode like when using cool mode. It will run, idle, run idle. Hence my electricity is as such given that i dont off aircon.

I think without heater is ok. The most if really cold, boil a pot of water gao dimz.

thanks, i will test it out this sunday for the dry mode

this mean i can buy 24k btu aircon and run on dry mode

Edited by The_King