Anything related to your home

The_King

• 3 weeks later...

Man Installs Bus Stop Buzzer As Doorbell For HDB Flat, Documents Building Process On TikTok

msnews-template115.jpg

Man Installs Bus Stop Buzzer As Doorbell, Goes Viral On TikTok

Pressing the buzzer right before our stop is a frequent feature of our daily journey on the bus.

While it’s a pretty mundane thing for most, one man apparently liked it so much that he wanted to recreate the experience at home.

In a series of videos, he documented the process of building the buzzer as a doorbell for his HDB flat from scratch.

@ehehkaun1

Completed!! FINALLY!!#bismillahfyp #towertransitsg #fyp #wiring #diy #fygsg #busstopping #smrtbus #sbst #diyproject #bell #singaporetiktok #smrtbuses #sbstransitbuses #singaporetiktok #singapore #fypシ #sgbus #sbstransit #fypsg

♬ original sound – EhEhKauN1 – EhEhKauN1

He finally pulled it off at the start of this year, earning the praise of viewers.

Man installs bus stop buzzer as doorbell

Back in Oct 2022, the OP explained that he managed to get his hands on a bus stop buzzer and two signs from a friend.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot.jpg

Source: TikTok

He then got to work connecting the wires to his house, taping them in place.

In the video, the wires wind up a wall and over a ladder, looking very complicated indeed.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-2.jpg

After the wiring was done, the man hung up the signs in a corner of his living room and tested the bell.

With each press came the corresponding double beeps and “bus stopping” flashing on the signs.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-3.jpg

In a follow-up video, he explained that the “door closing” sign will pop up after one minute and 45 seconds, with two chimes to signal it.

The OP had attached a button to silence these chimes as well.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-5-e1680170486

However, the setup didn’t feel complete without the actual red and yellow bus stop buzzer.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-6.jpg

Fashioning the original metal rod that had come with it into a sleek, black handle, the OP had it attached right outside his door.

Finally, it was ready on 8 Jan and the OP proudly showed it off in a video.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-7.jpg

Viewers in awe of complicated set-up

The latest video about the buzzer has since gone viral, with many expressing their awe over it.

Netizens appreciated the complicated yet effective nature of the setup.

comment-under-tiktok-1-2-1-e168016576215

Certainly, the effort he’d put into making the system work efficiently is deserving of praise.

Some even requested for him to try fitting the EZ-Link card reader beside the buzzer.

comment-under-tiktok-2-2-1-e168016986434

While he’s not given any update as to whether he might actually do so, he did seem to like the suggestion.

Of course, there were those who also warned him that he might experience quite a few disturbances from “passengers”.

comment-under-tiktok-3-2-1-e168017001130

MS News has reached out to the OP for more information and will update this article when he gets back.

An impressive system worthy of praise

While it may seem simple, a lot of effort clearly went into making the OP’s doorbell system seem seamless.

As such, kudos to him for having managed to pull off such an impressive feat.

Such a quirky system is definitely rare in Singapore, but it does go to show that the innovative spirit does exist in our country.

Perhaps, more people will feel encouraged to put their own unique finishing touches to their doorbells. Although, it would be wise to refrain from raiding any buses to do so.

https://mustsharenews.com/bus-stop-buzzer-doorbell/

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

2 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Man Installs Bus Stop Buzzer As Doorbell For HDB Flat, Documents Building Process On TikTok

msnews-template115.jpg

Man Installs Bus Stop Buzzer As Doorbell, Goes Viral On TikTok

Pressing the buzzer right before our stop is a frequent feature of our daily journey on the bus.

While it’s a pretty mundane thing for most, one man apparently liked it so much that he wanted to recreate the experience at home.

In a series of videos, he documented the process of building the buzzer as a doorbell for his HDB flat from scratch.

@ehehkaun1

Completed!! FINALLY!!#bismillahfyp #towertransitsg #fyp #wiring #diy #fygsg #busstopping #smrtbus #sbst #diyproject #bell #singaporetiktok #smrtbuses #sbstransitbuses #singaporetiktok #singapore #fypシ #sgbus #sbstransit #fypsg

♬ original sound – EhEhKauN1 – EhEhKauN1

He finally pulled it off at the start of this year, earning the praise of viewers.

Man installs bus stop buzzer as doorbell

Back in Oct 2022, the OP explained that he managed to get his hands on a bus stop buzzer and two signs from a friend.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot.jpg

He then got to work connecting the wires to his house, taping them in place.

In the video, the wires wind up a wall and over a ladder, looking very complicated indeed.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-2.jpg

After the wiring was done, the man hung up the signs in a corner of his living room and tested the bell.

With each press came the corresponding double beeps and “bus stopping” flashing on the signs.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-3.jpg

In a follow-up video, he explained that the “door closing” sign will pop up after one minute and 45 seconds, with two chimes to signal it.

The OP had attached a button to silence these chimes as well.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-5-e1680170486

However, the setup didn’t feel complete without the actual red and yellow bus stop buzzer.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-6.jpg

Fashioning the original metal rod that had come with it into a sleek, black handle, the OP had it attached right outside his door.

Finally, it was ready on 8 Jan and the OP proudly showed it off in a video.

bus-stop-buzzer-screenshot-7.jpg

Viewers in awe of complicated set-up

The latest video about the buzzer has since gone viral, with many expressing their awe over it.

Netizens appreciated the complicated yet effective nature of the setup.

comment-under-tiktok-1-2-1-e168016576215

Certainly, the effort he’d put into making the system work efficiently is deserving of praise.

Some even requested for him to try fitting the EZ-Link card reader beside the buzzer.

comment-under-tiktok-2-2-1-e168016986434

While he’s not given any update as to whether he might actually do so, he did seem to like the suggestion.

Of course, there were those who also warned him that he might experience quite a few disturbances from “passengers”.

comment-under-tiktok-3-2-1-e168017001130

MS News has reached out to the OP for more information and will update this article when he gets back.

An impressive system worthy of praise

While it may seem simple, a lot of effort clearly went into making the OP’s doorbell system seem seamless.

As such, kudos to him for having managed to pull off such an impressive feat.

Such a quirky system is definitely rare in Singapore, but it does go to show that the innovative spirit does exist in our country.

Perhaps, more people will feel encouraged to put their own unique finishing touches to their doorbells. Although, it would be wise to refrain from raiding any buses to do so.

https://mustsharenews.com/bus-stop-buzzer-doorbell/

@The_King

shia-la-beouf-just-do-it.gif

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

e recap for easier to read and understand

My Room size of 6.1 X 3.1m (that around 13kbtu) seeking 15k to 18k btu or budget 1.5k to 2k.

The selection is best on the brand i wanted from my time spending ask here and from the shortlisted, the most value for money with the best engine (aka best energy efficiency)

Brand i selected are : starmex, toshiba, panasonic, dailkin

the shortlisted one:

1.jpg

the one that did not make it to the list

2.jpg

sauce:

https://wrms2.nea.gov.sg/els/process/WRMS/GHG_ProductSearch#wrms

section 2:

extended warranty

Exclusions from Coverage

4. Call out charges where the authorized repair agent is unable to find a fault in the Product.

5. Any claims whereby, a failure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments, installation, operation or any other instructions to the customer has been determined.

13. Repairs necessitated by improper maintenance, accidental, intentional physical damage, damage by sand or water.

14. Burglary, theft, normal wear and tear, scratching, chewing, spilled liquids, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, fungi, wet or dry rot, or bacteria, misuse, neglect and abuse.

16. Any diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.

19. Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God including but not limited to natural disaster, fire, flood, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion.

20. Water leakage due to blockage of drainpipe under normal use.

25. Damage due to power surges.

https://www.gaincity.com/extended-warranty/aircon

as such, i am not getting any extended warranty cause in short if i get extended warranty i need to SPEND even more money for to follow to follow the manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance ( 3 times or 5 times per yr?) based on GC price it 1yr will cost me $176

extended warranty $ 370 + 5yr servicing $880 = $1250

nvm i save the $1.2 then get a new AC is enough, i just upgrade my copper pipe to thicker one like G20 (0.91mm)

my family/CO/ cousin etc..... thought i was crazy to research so so early

i told them you have no idea how much mistake i make when i design tons of design and spend a few week/years to clear my mind and rethink again to think that was a stupid idea and nv choose it else that space wasted or hard to access etc.....

also i told them when your home is here, very excited, and the want overtake the needs. like ankarsrum, 2 oven, Sim racing (now i give up, i hardly play buy for what. this is what i say THE WANT cause new home excitied ) storage rack in the middle of living room, ps 5, a big TV to replace a projector even when i hardly use them. (now i think i go for smaller TV and a 2nd hand used projector but this i will think again after i move in 6month later. if after 6 month i dont need TV mean there no TV in my home, only computer and used projector for movies)

Also my AC on extended warranty, then i read extended warranty mean i need to pay for vendor to follow manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance (most put every 3 month service = $176 per years) else the extended warranty company can void for warranty as stated in their T&C

In short
extended warranty $ 370 + 5yr servicing $880 = $1250

i save the $1.2 then get a new AC is better optio, i just upgrade my copper pipe to thicker one like G20 (0.91mm)

more detail on extended warranty here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update 2:

my new choice after learning so much

3/4 Armaflex shield CX

SWG21 copper pipe

16mm drainage pipe

why swg 21 

SWG22, so inner diameter size is 8.10

SWG21, so inner diameter size is 7.90

SWG20, so inner diameter size is 7.75

3422424.jpg

i called statmex, they recommand SWG21 based on their guideline, he added R32 guideline min std is 0.8 so that why starmex guideline is SWG21 (0.81mm)

• 3 weeks later...

update on my stuff  i getting or planning after asking many many times and doing tons of research. this is with my mindset of tang ping and practical mind set

Celling fan - good at circulate the air in a room but hard to clean, and the will be dusty at the fan and maybe the celling above the fan, more expensive and harder and more expensive to replace.  HDB ceiling is low already with celling fan even more lower.  Everything will suffer material fatigued but celling fans need pro to replace as such i getting stand fan (KDK P40US)

Steam oven and convection oven -  steam oven have a few cleaning function, i guessing steam oven need to descaling and it 4 times more expensive then convection oven. the only pros of steam oven (to me) is say you roast meat, it help to keep juicy.  i dont think steam oven can roast meat 4 times better then convection oven. as it cheaper and easier to replace and last longer.  as such i getting convection oven ( Mayer MMO33)

Griller- Char-Griller side box- will be my griller to smoke and grill some steak

E27 light - simple, cheap and easy to replace

Washing Machine - bucket system.  simple, cheap and easy to replace less then $18.

Portable induction - simple, cheap and easy to replace. as it portable , it good for 2 room to have the extra tabletop kitchen space say to prep meal, baking or have a simple gathering (can use the space for food) as i am doing home canning i be getting Commercial induction cookers 

Stainless steel kitchen Cabinet -  lasting (me expired liao Stainless steel kitchen Cabinet will still be there), if move house, i can bring over also, the cons are surface sure will have lot and lot of scratch and dent and those who like conceal kitchen Cabinet leg this will not be the one (i prefer to be open, so i can mop it) as such i getting locally, with Stainless steel as thick as can (say 2mm) and grade 304

storage bed  - might not be my choice but for 2 room, it is practical and mine is usingGerman Hydraulic lift system (10 years warranty provided) and plywood bed frame (hoping can last long time) and my idea choice to last forever is using storage rack ( Superblock Racking System, pallet racking etc......) to customize as queen size bed frame. as such mine is 4 star

water filter - doulton NSF-53 certified filter. there many filter which is not NSF certified. mean how effective the filter is, how long it filter no one know. And for NSF certified. the water is tested at 100% of the water filter service cycle.  it mean if the water company claim it can filter say 3000litres of water, NSF will run water thur the water filter for 3000 litres and tested the water after it filtered 3000 litres. only then NSF cert is issues

there a few NSF certified filter like NSF 43, NSF 48, NSF 53, NSF 58. in short the higher the number the more it can filter.  in short the min is NSF 53 which is known as the "Health Effects" standard

Reverse osmosis are mostly NSF 58. just beware, many water filter in singapore are not NSF certified .

Lastly who is NSF ?

NSF is an accredited, independent third-party certification body that tests and certifies products to verify they meet these public health and safety standards. Products that meet these standards bear the NSF mark.

As such i am getting doulton  DBS+BTU(NSF). it a table top version

the rest not listed mean i still researching and not getting

This is some of my SHTF list which i already owned andmost are design to last, which have no budget limit as it in my top priority : 

Wonder mill Hand Grain Mill

Brake Bleeder

nowlight

Millbank Bag

gravity fed water filter

Sawyer + LifeStraw water filter

iodine

Kelly Kettle Rocket Stoves

Presto Induction Compatible Pressure Canner

Complete Guide to Home Canning

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The_King said:

i think this one easier to see for vendor

kicthen-template-2.jpg

Just make sure the kitchen tap install a stop valve before the tap so that no need to turn off main valve outside riser when changing faulty tap.

• Like 1

giphy.gifTVB for life...

Let say Temp set at 25c with mid high fan speed and room is cooled down with BTU is maintain at 8000. Also room size of 184Sq ft with data on BTU Calculator 10,792 BTU is needed. Data for kWh is based on NEA. Also electricity cost at 0.3kWh  

Option 1:

Mitsubishi Electric MUY-GP10VF (8530btu) with 958kWh vs Panasonic CU-XU9XKZ (9212btu) with 1028kWh

Electricity usage: MUY-GP10VF = 93.7% load = 897.6kWh, CU-XU9XKZ = 86% load = 884kWh

Electricity cost: MUY-GP10VF = $269.28, CU-XU9XKZ = $265.2

AC cost (based on 2 vendor with the highest is chosen): MUY-GP10VF = $1269 , CU-XU9XKZ = $1309

Mitsubishi Electric MUY-GP10VF (8530btu) with 958kWh vs Daikin RKM25XVMG  (8530btu) with 964kWh

Electricity usage: MUY-GP10VF  = 93.7% load = 897.6kWh, RKM25XVMG = 93.7% = 903.2kWh

Electricity cost: MUY-GP10VF = $269.28, RKM25XVMG = $270.96‬

AC cost (based on 2 vendor with the highest is chosen): MUY-GP10VF = $1269, RKM25XVMG = $1239

Option 2:

Panasonic CU-XU12XKZ (12624btu) with 1472kWh vs Mitsubishi Electric MUY-GP13VF (11942btu) with 1548kWh

Electricity usage: CU-XU12XKZ = 63.3% load = 931.7kWh, MUY-GP13VF = 66.9% = 1035.6kWh

Electricity cost: CU-XU12XKZ = $279.51‬, MUY-GP13VF = $310.68‬

AC cost (based on 2 vendor with the highest is chosen): CU-XU12XKZ = $1412 , MUY-GP13VF = $1468

Option 3

Mitsubishi Electric MXY-2H20VF (1 FCU) (15354.6btu) with 1,664kWh vs Panasonic CU-2XU20YBZ (1 FCU) (15354.6btu) with 1682kWh

Electricity usage: MXY-2H20VF  (1 FCU) = 52.1% = 866.9kWh, CU-2XU20YBZ (1 FCU) = 52.1% = 876.3kWh

Electricity cost: MXY-2H20VF (1 FCU) = $260.07, CU-2XU20YBZ  (1 FCU)= $262.89

AC cost (based on 2 vendor with the highest is choosen): MXY-2H20VF (1 FCU) = $2200 , CU-2XU20YBZ (1 FCU) = $2200

The AC i choose are all most energy saving type in it Rated BTU, the higher BTU will be cheaper but the cost of the AC will make it not worth it.

So the cost say MXY-2H20VF (with 1 FCU) is $2.2k vs MUY-GP13VF  is $1468. the Electricity cost saving between those 2 are $50.61 per year and the  AC price different is  $732

To break even + add inflation of 5% per year = need  around 11yr just to break even the AC cost

1st yr 50.61+ 53.14 + 55.79 + 58.58 + 61.51+64.59+67.82+71.21+74.77+ 10th yr 78.51 =$636.53+ round up = $650

• 3 weeks later...

Sharing my shortlisted these brand and model

Detail:

*Room size of 184Sq ft with data on BTU Calculator 10,792 BTU

*Room is already cooled down with BTU is maintain at 8000

*Temp set at 25c with mid high fan speed

*Electricity cost at 0.3kWh

* 9k and 12k btu add extra 12% and 6% as it take longer to cool room (on average 1hr as compare to 18k btu which need a few min)

18k BTU model

MXY-2H20VF  = 15354.6btu = 1664kWh = 52.1% = 866.9kWh = $260.07

CU-2XU20YBZ = 15354.6btu = 1682kWh = 52.1% = 876.3kWh = $262.89

AC cost : MXY-2H20VF (1 FCU) = $2200 , CU-2XU20YBZ (1 FCU) = $2200, 

12k BTU model

CU-XU12XKZ  = 12624btu = 1472kWh = 63.3% = 931.7kWh = $296.28

CU-PU12WKZ = 11942btu  = 1793kWh = 66.9% = 1201kWh = $381.91

MUY-GP13VF = 11942btu = 1548kWh = 66.9% = 1035.6kWh = $329.32

AC cost : CU-XU12XKZ = $1412 , MUY-GP13VF = $1468, CU-PU12WKZ = $1,199

9k BTU model

MUY-GP10VF = 8530btu = 958kWh = 93.7% = 897.6kWh = $301.59

CU-XU9XKZ = 9212btu = 1028kWh = 86% = 884kWh = $300.38

CU-PU9WKZ = 8871btu = 1413kWh = 8871 kWh = 90.18% = 1274kWh = $428.06

AC cost : MUY-GP10VF = $1269 , CU-XU9XKZ = $1309, CU-PU9WKZ =  $1,109

This mean 18k model vs 12k model (AC cost is around $750 different) and electricity cost is:

CU-XU12XKZ vs MXY-2H20VF = $36.21per yr = 20yr to break even (excluding inflation)

MUY-GP13VF vs  MXY-2H20VF = $69.25per yr = 10yr to break even (excluding inflation)

Comparing 12k btu, 5star vs 3 star:

CU-XU12XKZ vs CU-PU12WKZ = $213 = $84.72 = 3yr to break even

CU-XU12XKZ is more worth it even if have LOT (lot of tech = more point of failure = not as lasting as it 3 star (based on feedback) but the 3 yr electricity cost to even the cost is already worth it

CU-PU12WKZ vs MUY-GP13VF = $52.59 = 6yr to break even the ac cost + electricity cost

MUY-GP13VF vs CU-XU12XKZ = $33.04 = 2.7yr to break even  the ac cost + electricity cost

12k btu model: MUY-GP13VF is better then the 3 mode listed as CU-XU12XKZ have a lot more LOT (lot of tech) as compare to MUY-GP13VF

for 9k vs 12k:

9k is just not worth it as it under power, but as this is my back up AC, so i included inside it

CU-PU9WKZ =  electricity cost too high at over $100 per yr as compare to other 9k btu model

MUY-GP10VF vs CU-XU9XKZ = $1.20 = 45yr to break even  the ac cost + electricity cost

as such MUY-GP10VF is the better choice as it have lesser LOT

9k winner vs 12k winner

MUY-GP10VF vs CU-XU12XKZ =  $5.30 = 26yr  to break even  the ac cost + electricity cost

summary for 2 room type 1 with dual condenser setup :

Main AC : MUY-GP13VF

Secondary AC: CU-XU9XKZ (Diversify )

• 1 month later...

update: i just got the key.

i check windows frame with flashlight for dent, handle and how easy or hard to close the windows. so far nothing wrong all ok

i check the water pipe, and basin (the bottle leak but after tighten the leak stop) and the ball valve like got leak but will go over 2 day later confirm

i check all the tiles (toilet and kitchen), even the toilet water pipe false ceiling tiles etc.. no hollow tiles? i check 3 times no hollow. i use tiles checker, coin and hand knuckle. all dont sound hollow( how can it be?) nvm i go over on friday or sat to recheck

wall celling go no leak, mold or water stain or spot or wet spot

i forgot to bring charger, so 2 day later then can check power socket

door ok, no dent or stain

update: the wall paint i saw flashing. most likely they use lousy paint and surface not prepapre correctly