Harris sit bas n jiak ATB/cai png journeys

HarrisY

6 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

If retreat by dept size can do. But whole company, usually those arrow to be in committee do. 
last yr i know noone wanna do shit so gave everyone in dept $50 grab voucher. Easy all happy

ur dept head really got low morale, at least show show abit and lead by example.

do simple 1hr gym class and then bring everyone out to jiak parkroyal beach road buffet.

like this can show company hr and also keep staff happy with buffet.

• Wahaha 1

14 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

ur dept head really got low morale, at least show show abit and lead by example.

do simple 1hr gym class and then bring everyone out to jiak parkroyal beach road buffet.

if bo lang wana do :shit: , dont hv to think far of simi lead by example liow

last year first half iirc haven open up borders, many pple are still in slumber mode 

• Wahaha 1

38 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

Yes i got low morale cos im sian to do things for the sake of it. We voted and all say they just want “money” and day off instead of going out n feeling tired. 

over the yrs so many buffet til sian. 

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

IMG-7224.jpg

20 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

last year first half iirc haven open up borders, many pple are still in slumber mode 

Exactly. Feedback i get is ppl prefer the funds to be given as cash. But of course i cant give cash mah so use voucher everyone can use 

since 2020, staff morale is mixed esp those with family and last thing they want is the same generic play sports etc. 

my office already has gyms too n often inter division/dept football, bowling etc. 

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

IMG-7224.jpg

11 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Yes i got low morale cos im sian to do things for the sake of it. We voted and all say they just want “money” and day off instead of going out n feeling tired. 

over the yrs so many buffet til sian. 

most companies nowadays have low morale, including financial sector.

limpeh the other day saw one of the banks have their gathering at mcd after team building exercise, dont even want to spend extra money to pay hotel to do catering.

limpeh can sense all the bank staff all face black black.

thats why motivating staff is not a one day thing, it is an ongoing exercise.

limpeh last time have a very cool ex-boss, always allow the staff to go out eat snakes on friday as long as work done or if the day is not busy.

sometimes, he also join in the eat snake party. 

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1
  • wtf 1

35 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

15 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Exactly. Feedback i get is ppl prefer the funds to be given as cash. But of course i cant give cash mah so use voucher everyone can use 

since 2020, staff morale is mixed esp those with family and last thing they want is the same generic play sports etc. 

my office already has gyms too n often inter division/dept football, bowling etc. 

thats why limpeh said motivating staff is an ongoing exercise, not a one day thing.

like that ex-boss of limpeh's, always open 1 eye close 1 eye on fridays.

as long as can get job for the week done within time frame, can eat snake all u want.

no point pushing staff work 9 to 9, efficiency and effectiveness more important.

limpeh can never understand why most companies pride working long hrs instead of efficiency.

as though working long hrs can get more things done.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

thats why limpeh said motivating staff is an ongoing exercise, not a one day thing.

like that ex-boss of limpeh's, always open 1 eye close 1 eye on fridays.

as long as can get job for the week done within time frame, can eat snake all u want.

no point pushing staff work 9 to 9, efficiency and effectiveness more important.

limpeh can never understand why most companies pride working long hrs instead of efficiency.

as though working long hrs can get more things done.

first & foremost, need to be big hearted so dat can 1 eye open 1 eye close

if is dua soi xim, aka big smoll heart or narrow hearted, how to 1 eye open 1 eye close? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

first & foremost, need to be big hearted so dat can 1 eye open 1 eye close

if is dua soi xim, aka big smoll heart or narrow hearted, how to 1 eye open 1 eye close? 

Bosses just need to show trust and stop micromanaging. This way you can spot the jiak liao bees too who take advantage n get rid

• Like 3

IMG-7224.jpg

1 hour ago, socrates469bc said:

problem is not every staff is heypi wif buffet, dats y jin pai zho lang

hence just be the ho lang to push for voucher 

• Like 2

problem is not every staff is heypi wif buffet, dats y jin pai zho lang

hence just be the ho lang to push for voucher 

Good boss knows what staff wants. 
some of them just happy to have day off to bring their kids out. 
once even go animal shelter volunteer. It varies based on morale n energy at that time

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

noted yr views. im coming from the angle dat some are biased wif their own cliques etc 

I agree with you

i hate cliques in workplace but i think cliques during lunch is fine cos it helps to destress being with your buddy as long as not a form of bullying. I also tell others dont always discuss work during lunch, fucking sian just enjoy

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Like 2

IMG-7224.jpg

3 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I agree with you

i hate cliques in workplace but i think cliques during lunch is fine cos it helps to destress being with your buddy as long as not a form of bullying. I also tell others dont always discuss work during lunch, fucking sian just enjoy

I find that when I work in MNCs, lunches are fun because can talk about anything other than work

But when work in pure Sinkie environment, lunchtime is just shallow gossip

• Like 2

spacer.png

4 hours ago, noobmaster said:

I find that when I work in MNCs, lunches are fun because can talk about anything other than work

3 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Depends on environment. 
angmoh cag love to gossip n find trouble

Agree with @ManOfTheHour some of the places where I worked, lunches were not so simple. Who you ate with, what you talked about, and how it was talked about, decided career paths. It was so stressful, my crew only ate either with our own (and only because we trusted our own not to backstab) or with someone unrelated to the company.

• Like 3

images.jpeg.956a9591793765da5b4865e1c832671b.jpeg

6 hours ago, noobmaster said:

I prefer to work in smaller environments. More casual and less politics. The best is work remotely

• Like 1
  • Geek 1

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

6 hours ago, noobmaster said:

Sinkie bosses only noe abt work

45 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I prefer to work in smaller environments. More casual and less politics. The best is work remotely

Yeah same feel, smaller group easier to foster unity and bonding, less complicated

But anywhere got humans will eventually have some degree of politics

• Like 1