FairPrice apologises, discards fruits after bat seen eating bananas at Jurong East outlet

The_King

img-9638_cover.jpg

Netizens were shocked when they saw a video of a bat eating bananas at the FairPrice outlet at Block 345 Jurong East Street 31.

The video has sparked concern ever since it started circulating online on Friday (Oct 16).

Several Stompers came across the video too and shared it with Stomp.

"This bat looks like it is enjoying a fruit feast at FairPrice," Stomper Toni said.

In response to a Stomp query, FairPrice said it is aware of a video circulating on social media of a bat eating a comb of bananas in the night at their 24-hour store located at Block 345 Jurong East Street 31.

A FairPrice spokesman added: "This incident occurred outside the store where the fruits were displayed.

"We have since moved all fruits inside the store to prevent future occurrences, and checks have also been made to ensure any fruits affected have been discarded."

FairPrice said it is also in contact with the authorities to look into the cause for the presence of bats in the area.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused," the spokesman told Stomp.

10 hours ago, metalrover said:

My place ish tio target by mynahs, every morning will fly in to steal food and shit all over the place. Day time cannot open windows

spacer.png

Oui!! U making fun of me is it???

:tasty:

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 1

12 hours ago, metalrover said:

My place ish tio target by mynahs, every morning will fly in to steal food and shit all over the place. Day time cannot open windows

dont leave food on table after meals.

my house facing the same problem. we kept all food after meals. no fruits, no biscuit. dustbins were covered or cleared quickly.

after a while the birds gave up on our house because they can't find food.

Edited by meng.huat
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The_King said:

Did they try to hit the window like trying to fly in

While escaping tio tiang.. ahahaha

3 hours ago, Bigbird said:

spacer.png

Oui!! U making fun of me is it???

:tasty:

Forum also got bird

1 hour ago, meng.huat said:

dont leave food on table after meals.

my house facing the same problem. we kept all food after meals. no fruits, no biscuit. dustbins were covered or cleared quickly.

after a while the birds gave up on our house because they can't find food.

Yes, avoid leaving on table. If need to, moi cover up with food tray. No food, they attack my fruits. Apples all tio tok until all holes. Moi hide the apples, they tok my bananas.. 

Edited by metalrover

7 minutes ago, metalrover said:

While escaping tio tiang.. ahahaha

Forum also got bird

Yes, avoid leaving on table. If need to, moi cover up with food tray. No food, they attack my fruits. Apples all tio tok until all holes. Moi hide the apples, they tok my bananas.. 

Just put many many fruit let the bird know there free food.

Keep doing this until TC help remove for free

• Wahaha 1