67 yo uncle jailed 4 months for hugging and kissing Maria on the lips

meng.huat

SINGAPORE: An elderly man kept making advances on a maid hired to care for the newborn in the family, despite being turned away. 

For repeatedly kissing and hugging the 25-year-old Filipino domestic helper, the 67-year-old man was jailed four months on Monday (Jun 22).

Their names cannot be revealed due to a gag order protecting the victim's identity, as the maid worked in the accused's household.

The court heard that the victim began working for the accused's family since December 2018.

She was hired to clean the home and care for the accused's newborn granddaughter, and she addressed the accused as "sir" or "ah gong".

At about 7am on Feb 7 last year, the victim was washing the baby's milk bottles in the kitchen when the man approached her from her left.

He placed one hand on her shoulder and another hand on her stomach, startling her. He then hugged the maid and kissed her lips, telling her that he liked and loved her.

The victim did not reciprocate, instead pushing the older man away. He left the kitchen and returned to the living room, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Jotham Tay.

Despite this, the man targeted the maid again the following week, touching her arm, hugging her and kissing her lips in her room on Feb 14, 2019.

A day after this, the victim was seated on the edge of her bed in her room feeding the baby when the elderly man returned home from work.

He went to the maid's room and kissed her on the lips. She did not react as she was holding the baby and feeding her, but she did not consent to his actions.

The man again hugged her and kissed her lips the next day. After this, the victim told a friend what he did and reported the matter to her maid agency.

The police were alerted to the case and the man pleaded guilty on Monday to two counts of outraging the maid's modesty, with another two similar charges taken into consideration.

The judge noted that there were several aggravating factors such as the fact that the victim was a vulnerable person living under the accused's roof.

The accused was an elder of the family, and kissing is an act of intimacy, added the judge.

For each charge of outraging the victim's modesty, he could have been jailed up to two years and fined. He cannot be caned as he is above 50. As the offences were against a maid, the penalties could have gone up to one-and-a-half times the original amount.

Source: CNA/ll(rw)

Uncle really love Maria a lot ...

• Wahaha 1
  • wtf 2

5 hours ago, chamfer said:

Maybe maria is a chiobu, uncle see already very steam....

sometimes on weekends, i seee those lucky plaze city plaza maids... some are quite keyi...  mangala kor kor jin song sia....

my friend wife purposely choose a maid that look like lao auntie... he complain to me, every morning see her face also no mood....

• Wahaha 1

1 minute ago, meng.huat said:

sometimes on weekends, i seee those lucky plaze city plaza maids... some are quite keyi...  mangala kor kor jin song sia....

my friend wife purposely choose a maid that look like lao auntie... he complain to me, every morning see her face also no mood....

I had a hot part time guai looking myanmar cleaner. Tempting but never shit where i eat

• Wahaha 1

IMG-7224.jpg

Some myanmar maids have tattoos on their chest or arms. So don't think of them as guai guai kind maybe deep down they can be havoc as those indon or pinay maids. My current myanmar maid's cousins who are working as maids have tattoos on their chests and dress sexy on their off day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chamfer said:

Some myanmar maids have tattoos on their chest or arms. So don't think of them as guai guai kind maybe deep down they can be havoc as those indon or pinay maids. My current myanmar maid's cousins who are working as maids have tattoos on their chests and dress sexy on their off day.

Any agency to recommend? I am planning to get a full time maid that’s good with kids and can cook Chinese dishes. Which nationality too?

IMG-7224.jpg

1 hour ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Any agency to recommend? I am planning to get a full time maid that’s good with kids and can cook Chinese dishes. Which nationality too?

My advice is avoid maid at all costs even those who never come to singapore to work before. Good and hardworking ones are hard to come by.

The agent at their country put all ex-sg and new maids together so ex-sg maids might teach those new maids how to deal with employers or they brainwash those new maids with stories about employers no good.

I had change maid 5 times liao (3 ex-sg & 2 new ones)All know how to lie about their abilities to handle the tasks when interview at agency. But when come to my house,either cannot do the assigned tasks or do a sloppy job and never finished 2 year contract. Worse is they even dare to say they want to eat certain food or use certain own personal items and we have to buy for them.

Called agency about the problem faced and most of the time just talk over the phone to the maid and if problem persist, agency will say change another maid and pay more for the transfer.

As for black magic issue,indon maids are not the ones,pinay,myanmar,cambodia all know some of these stuff.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chamfer said:

My advice is avoid maid at all costs even those who never come to singapore to work before. Good and hardworking ones are hard to come by.

The agent at their country put all ex-sg and new maids together so ex-sg maids might teach those new maids how to deal with employers or they brainwash those new maids with stories about employers no good.

I had change maid 5 times liao (3 ex-sg & 2 new ones)All know how to lie about their abilities to handle the tasks when interview at agency. But when come to my house,either cannot do the assigned tasks or do a sloppy job and never finished 2 year contract. Worse is they even dare to say they want to eat certain food or use certain own personal items and we have to buy for them.

Called agency about the problem faced and most of the time just talk over the phone to the maid and if problem persist, agency will say change another maid and pay more for the transfer.

As for black magic issue,indon maids are not the ones,pinay,myanmar,cambodia all know some of these stuff.

My friend also changed maid 5 times in 6 months and advised me as you did. 

but sian, i need a maid especially for cooking

IMG-7224.jpg

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

Theres more...  got those accuse grandpa of molest, hit ownself and run back to agency, accuse owner of hitting them, poison family food and water, steal $$$, etc.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

@ManOfTheHour

If your child is still young and can't talk much better get your wife's or your own relatives to take care of the child. 

If possible, child care centre is better.

There will always be issues in hiring a maid and good ones is like finding a needle in haystack. After all the maid is a stranger in your house and you will not know what they will do or thinking of doing in the house when both of you are away for work.

For me, i had put cctv  in the living room and my 3rd indon maid think she was clever to shift the camera angle so that she can slack when there was nobody around. But i found out the deed and told her off and i send her away after she finished 6 months loan and agent does not want her back when i told them about this matter.

16 minutes ago, chamfer said:

@ManOfTheHour

If your child is still young and can't talk much better get your wife's or your own relatives to take care of the child. 

If possible, child care centre is better.

There will always be issues in hiring a maid and good ones is like finding a needle in haystack. After all the maid is a stranger in your house and you will not know what they will do or thinking of doing in the house when both of you are away for work.

For me, i had put cctv  in the living room and my 3rd indon maid think she was clever to shift the camera angle so that she can slack when there was nobody around. But i found out the deed and told her off and i send her away after she finished 6 months loan and agent does not want her back when i told them about this matter.

My child is still young but my wife wanna go back to work and my parents are still working too. 

Still baby stage so child care also too soon.

Haha, I had a nanny once who was paranoid about the Xiaomi cams around my house, especially when it goes into night vision and makes clicking sounds. She though photos of her were being taken.

• Wahaha 1

IMG-7224.jpg