What laptop brand are you using?

Chestnut

8 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

HP laptop can resell? I always thought HP and Dell are bought in bulk by companies for their staff to abuse.

I been switching between Acer and Asus since 2007. 

Many people say Acer Asus got quality issues. But I been lucky so far. no complains.

6 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

My hp laptop when i first bought it on n off abit of issuem but now ok le

acer has tendency to overheat and shut down while hp has issues with wifi and system stability.

stable and long lasting r asus, dell, sharp and fujitsu.

nippon laptops r most stable but their processor offerings r slower than others. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Most companies I work for issue Dell and Lenovo

5 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

Lenovo was better respected when they were IBM.

now they falling down the league.

standard issue is ibm thinkpad mid range or dell vostro mid range.

alot switching to dell now since dell offer laptop and desktop package deals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

acer has tendency to overheat and shut down while hp has issues with wifi and system stability.

stable and long lasting r asus, dell, sharp and fujitsu.

nippon laptops r most stable but their processor offerings r slower than others. 

My sony vaio also nippon brand got problem when i first bought it

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

1 minute ago, socrates469bc said:

standard issue is ibm thinkpad mid range or dell vostro mid range.

alot switching to dell now since dell offer laptop and desktop package deals.

Yes some of the older staff got Thinkpad. Newer staff after expansion all got Dell lol

I use my own personal laptop for convenience

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

5 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

i havent heard much complain abt nippon brands.

most common issue on nippon brands r keyboards or touchpads.

other than that, no issues.

Maybe i consider asus. I saw the cheapest asus is 300 too 400 range as i dun need super high specs laptop

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

2 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Yes some of the older staff got Thinkpad. Newer staff after expansion all got Dell lol

I use my own personal laptop for convenience

i just leave the company laptop in office or take it when travelling on business.

anything happened is covered by insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Ok. Cos hor i went to an industrial estate area for a meeting i thot i can take the cargo lift go up ma cos we usually do tht.

And i didnt noe got one grp of ppl wanna carrything up ma afterall the lift big got space not a big deal at all.

And one guy scolded me cos of this

And then when i go meeting i cant concentrate due to my blood pressure drop, felt weak and lost focus and i got scolded frm my boss. Shit got worst at office and i threw in my letter a few weeks later cos i bth my boss nonsense already(not the first time) and nobody can tahan.

There is when i was free without job but in a rut. Finally got out like around last year ;)

Cargo lift got space they should not make noise

16 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Maybe i consider asus. I saw the cheapest asus is 300 too 400 range as i dun need super high specs laptop

Asus is decent.. get i3 or i5 enuff... Usually 850-900$

Edited by XianGe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

See you easy to bully. This kind are assholes

Actually is some lao ah gong old dude. He jus scold n grumble that "all youngster are like that" 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 some oldie are like tht de. If other time i will sure say him but on tht day my energy down 

Edited by Chestnut

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

Macbook pro 15" A1398.

Been using it for almost 8 years and still going strong. 

• Like 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

How much u bought it?

Close to $3k, but really worth the investment. 

PS: Did some upgrades to it though (changed the wifi card and installed a mSATA SSD with bigger capacity). 

Edited by Cynical Ape
  • Like 2

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Actually is some lao ah gong old dude. He jus scold n grumble that "all youngster are like that" 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 some oldie are like tht de. If other time i will sure say him but on tht day my energy down 

I dont wanna waste my energy so i just avoid

• Like 2

IMG-7224.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cynical Ape said:

Close to $3k, but really worth the investment. 

PS: Did some upgrades to it though (changed the wifi card and installed a mSATA SSD with bigger capacity). 

Tiagong macbook pro good for designing and i also heard ppl saying it is very good

• Like 1

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Tiagong macbook pro good for designing and i also heard ppl saying it is very good

Yep only the pros as they have better performance, downside is that they're much more sexpensive than the airs. 

Edited by Cynical Ape
  • Like 1

Just now, Chestnut said:

Airs also not bad right?

If its just for surfing internet or watch Apple TV/movies, the Airs are good enough imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meng.huat said:

HP laptop can resell? I always thought HP and Dell are bought in bulk by companies for their staff to abuse.

I been switching between Acer and Asus since 2007. 

Many people say Acer Asus got quality issues. But I been lucky so far. no complains.

I bought for home use , an hp pavilion

Those business books don't bother cos too many and their value drop fast

Look at some unique ones with sturdy build , big screen, decent GPU , won't lose so much

I sold for about 40% of what I paid for 6years ago and it's considered damn good deal already

Anyway last time i7 is quite powerful, later versions more for low power consumption

• Like 1

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

37 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

I sold for about 40% of what I paid for 6years ago and it's considered damn good deal already

I agree its a very good deal.

I wonder why would the buyer pay so much for a 6 years old laptop? where is the value?