Man outraged by $0.50 charge for Styrofoam box at Ang Mo Kio stall: 'It should be free'

The_King

stall.jpg

A customer was shocked when he was charged an extra $0.50 after he requested for his food to be taken away in a Styrofoam box.

The Stomper, who wanted to be known only as Mr Bai, said he visited Ang Mo Kio 628 Market & Food Centre last Tuesday (Dec 1), at around 7.45am.

He made a takeaway order of bee hoon from a vegetarian food stall.

Mr Bai, who messaged Stomp four times from Dec 1 to Dec 6 to express his outrage, said: "Usually, a packet of vegetarian bee hoon using the normal food wrap is only $3.

"However, I requested for a Styrofoam box and they actually charged me $0.50 cents for it. "

whatsapp_image_2020-12-07_at_12.42.20_pm

(Photo from the Stomper)

Asked if he had clarified the price before making payment, Mr Bai said: "They had already charged me and I asked them why it was so expensive to pack the bee hoon in the box.

"They said that the box costs $0.50 but did not tell me beforehand.

"I had no choice as the food was already packed. I had to just pay and go.

"This is ridiculous and daylight robbery. It is very unfair to consumers. I find it unreasonable to pay 50 cents for a foam box."

When asked how much he thinks the Styrofoam box should cost instead, Mr Bai said: "It should be free of charge or at most 20 cents."

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

50cents also cannot let go.

some people really love torturing themselves.

Stomp admin oso dulan wif him... 

As for the Vege stall they reali take chance increase price... Mr Bai busy song bring own Tupperware lo

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

It is not the money but the ethics and principles of running a business. It is standard practice to charge for takeaway in those plastic containers, 20 or 30 cents more but never styrofoam. To me this is daylight robbery

Yeah...plastic containers 20c, this styrofoam cannot reuse 50c smlj

this CBK got anyhow say or not. I frequent that vegetarian stall. usually they use paper to pack and the set bee hoon set even packed in paper also cost $3.50 leh

This is a famous vegetarian stall and they usually sells set which means you are not allow to choose what you want to eat due to super long Q everyday. 

But you can add additional of what you like. 

I think this MR C Bai is CSB or competitors is it

this is the reason why shit times and stomp should close down. KNN no1 site to spread fake news

Edited by Coffee_O
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Coffee_O said:

this CBK got anyhow say or not. I frequent that vegetarian stall. usually they use paper to pack and the set bee hoon set even packed in paper also cost $3.50 leh

This is a famous vegetarian stall and they usually sells set which means you are not allow to choose what you want to eat due to super long Q everyday. 

But you can add additional of what you like. 

I think this MR C Bai is CSB or competitors is it

this is the reason why shit times and stomp should close down. KNN no1 site to spread fake news

Wa... Heng got chiu to debunk tis fake news

20 hours ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

It is not the money but the ethics and principles of running a business. It is standard practice to charge for takeaway in those plastic containers, 20 or 30 cents more but never styrofoam. To me this is daylight robbery

u sound like the complaint... 

I think about you. But I don't say it anymore -Marguerite Duras,