#blacklivesmatter in SG kym?

ManOfTheHour

15 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Imo tis campaign totally missed the point... It should be targeted at polis abuse/over use of power on suspects.... Jz bcos afro American they make a meal out of it and make it sound like racism... 

exactly. Black people also not very innocent so are whites.
Rioting etc is no excuse

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Like 2

IMG-7224.jpg

13 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Imo tis campaign totally missed the point... It should be targeted at polis abuse/over use of power on suspects.... Jz bcos afro American they make a meal out of it and make it sound like racism... 

totally spot on.

and the orr lang very angry when someone says "all lives matter"

so, only they matter now? wtf.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

my personal experience.

the 'lights off, alcoholic, wife beater" jokes were told to me by my bunkmate in army.

He's a funny indian guy

I think it’s ok to joke. Just dont make it personal. We all make Chinese, Malay jokes too

IMG-7224.jpg

honestly speaking no fire where got smoke.

some of the stuff is true in a way and not to scold/racist or being disrespectful ma. 

Off the lights cannot see you - of cos unless you have night vision eyes to see in the dark

Never go drink beer and beat wife ah - if police or community who help abuse wife come out with the statistic to state the obvious, am i insulting them? 

one thing i hate is that regardless what race, they do not like other race to insult them but ok when they do so if from the same race. why so sensitive? Just like a african america called another a nigga

Edited by Coffee_O
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Coffee_O said:

honestly speaking no fire where got smoke.

some of the stuff is true in a way and not to scold/racist or being disrespectful ma. 

Off the lights cannot see you - of cos unless you have night vision eyes to see in the dark

Never go drink beer and beat wife ah - if police or community who help abuse wife come out with the statistic to state the obvious, am i insulting them? 

one thing i hate is that regardless what race, they do not like other race to insult them but ok when they do so if from the same race. why so sensitive? Just like a african america called another a nigga

Once a Malay colleague was unhappy cos I made a drug addict joke. So i used statistic to prove my point. Sometimes the joke is more than just a stereotype 

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

2 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Once a Malay colleague was unhappy cos I made a drug addict joke. So i used statistic to prove my point. Sometimes the joke is more than just a stereotype 

even one of my malay colleague who used to work as a prison warden told me that majority inmates are them. but he is one of the more matured and rational malay i have seen. 

• Like 3

the civil rites movement started since the 1960s and by 2008 there is alrdy a us president of african heritage, but racial injustice still exists in us means political leaders of all stripes have been paying lip service to civil rites but kumgong impressionable liberals refused to acknowledge it.

while locally, we r all guilty of being racist in one way or the other.

just look at the way the migrant workers r treated.

so those tv parrots on cna giving their criticism shld have a hard look at sgp society b4 criticizing the situation in us.

a good piece of article in scmp on asian racism.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3087204/george-floyd-killing-stirs-asian-feelings-regions-own-racial

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

and kumgong liberals r against racial profiling in law enforcement.

nothing is wrong with racial profiling as long as the officer is properly trained in using.

the officer in the center of the controversy in the us has several complaints outstanding against him, yet he is still allowed to serve.

this means there is a major human flaw in the vetting system.

nothing is wrong in the system, just the people monitoring the system is the problem.

• Like 2