Coronavirus: ‘Recovered’ patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

Standing Birdy

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3065091/coronavirus-recovered-patient-dies-china-reports-139-new-cases

Coronavirus: ‘Recovered’ patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

• A 36-year-old man has died in Wuhan from respiratory failure days after being discharged from hospital
  • Latest data from the mainland shows most new infections continue to occur at epidemic’s epicentre
SCMP

Published: 9:23am, 5 Mar, 2020

TOP PICKS

Volunteers take a pregnant woman into the Wuhan Maternal and Child Health Hospital to be tested for the coronavirus. Photo: XinhuaVolunteers take a pregnant woman into the Wuhan Maternal and Child Health Hospital to be tested for the coronavirus. Photo: Xinhua
Volunteers take a pregnant woman into the Wuhan Maternal and Child Health Hospital to be tested for the coronavirus. Photo: Xinhua

A 36-year-old man has died of respiratory failure in Wuhan, five days after being discharged from one of the makeshift hospitals built to contain the outbreak, according to a report by Shanghai-based news portal The Paper.

The report, which was later removed, said Li Liang had been admitted to the hospital – built to treat patients with mild and moderate symptoms – on February 12, according to his wife, surnamed Mei. He was discharged two weeks later with instructions to stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.

Mei said her husband was not feeling well two days after leaving the hospital, with dry mouth and gaseous stomach. On March 2, Li said he felt sick and was sent to a hospital, where he was certified dead that afternoon.

The death certificate of Li Liang, the “recovered” Covid-19 patient who has died in Wuhan. Photo: Handout
The death certificate of Li Liang, the “recovered” Covid-19 patient who has died in Wuhan. Photo: Handout

The death certificate issued by the Wuhan health commission said the direct cause was Covid-19, and listed respiratory blockage and failure as the symptoms which could have led to his death.

The Paper also reported that Fangcang Hospital – one of Wuhan’s makeshift facilities – issued an emergency notice on Wednesday that said more discharged patients had been readmitted after falling ill again. The hospital will begin conducting antibody tests on all patients before discharge from Thursday, to ensure they are fully recovered.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

i think the world is still not sure about the wuhan virus yet.

China is trying too hard to put "positive" news on the table.

They are rushing to discharge patients.

They kept on injecting fake news to make ppl feel good... End of day fooling themselves... Now the sinkie ah gong ah ma all brainwashed tinking tiongland is god... US is Satan's pet... 

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1

3 hours ago, meng.huat said:

2 hours ago, XianGe said:

They kept on injecting fake news to make ppl feel good... End of day fooling themselves... Now the sinkie ah gong ah ma all brainwashed tinking tiongland is god... US is Satan's pet... 

just tell them since they so confident in the ability of Emperor Xi, go migrate to wuhan.

1 hour ago, socrates469bc said:

just tell them since they so confident in the ability of Emperor Xi, go migrate to wuhan.

Was sitting on dinner table and hear MG says virus out of control in sinkieland and China handling very well... Tiongland everything under control and recovering... 

Was tempted to invite the POFMA committee to join me on my table and hear how much fake news tiongland has been publishing online.... 

• Wahaha 1

7 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Was sitting on dinner table and hear MG says virus out of control in sinkieland and China handling very well... Tiongland everything under control and recovering... 

Was tempted to invite the POFMA committee to join me on my table and hear how much fake news tiongland has been publishing online.... 

reuters just uncovered the true story of african swine in tiongland.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swinefever-china-epidemic-specialrepo/special-report-before-coronavirus-china-bungled-swine-epidemic-with-secrecy-idUSKBN20S189

actually no need read this report, i alrdy knew china is under-reporting becos soybean crush futures in chicago is weak in the past 1 yr.

• Like 1

I think by end of march should cross 1000 from the current 112. Hence the hinting by gky.

Then the shelves will be wipe clean again.

Wife slowly planning how to stockpile now in small quantities

• Like 2

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

1 minute ago, Satki said:

I think by end of march should cross 1000 from the current 112. Hence the hinting by gky.

dont think will be as serious as the northern hemisphere since wuhan virus cannot tahan the heat unless u go crowded places.

today i go watson to buy hand wash and only house brand left.

nb, wash with house brand will leave hand smell like dish washing liquid.

11 hours ago, Satki said:

I doubt the number of cases will shoot up as long as they continue current measures of 5 day MC and not testing unless very specific criteria are met.

Anyway, want to stockpile just do it. Do in small quantities later shit hit the fan you still haven't stock enough:wahaha:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Satki said:

19 minutes ago, Standing Birdy said:

Anyway, want to stockpile just do it. Do in small quantities later shit hit the fan you still haven't stock enough:wahaha:

yes true...

be quietly prepared.

dont beat grass alarm the snake.

outside many kumgong PAP vermins. dont alarm them

last time dorscon orange, those vermins alarmed and raided NTUC...

vermin boss came out to scold everyone xia suay...

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 2

22 hours ago, meng.huat said:

Agreed on the rushing to discharge part.

Everyone is desperate for any good news cos it's affecting way too much now

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg