Singapore confirms 3 more Wuhan virus cases, bringing total to 10; all are from Wuhan

The_King

SINGAPORE - There are three new cases of Wuhan coronavirus infection in Singapore, said the Health Ministry on Wednesday (Jan 29), bringing the total number in the country to 10.

Like the previous cases, all three are Chinese nationals from Wuhan, and there has been no evidence of the virus spreading in the community yet.

The eighth and ninth cases are husband and wife, both 56 years old.

They arrived in Singapore on Jan 19, and are currently warded in isolation rooms at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).

Both reported that they had no symptoms during the flight to Singapore.

They developed symptoms on Friday and took a taxi to Tan Tock Seng Hospital on Monday. They were classified as suspect cases and immediately isolated at NCID, said MOH.

Subsequent tests confirmed Wuhan coronavirus infection.

Before being admitted, they had stayed with family members at their home in Lorong Lew Lian.

The tenth confirmed case is a 56-year-old man who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on Jan 20. He is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID.

He also said that he did not have symptoms during his flight to Singapore, and was admitted to NCID on Tuesday after being identified as a suspect case at a health screening station at Marina South Pier.

He had been working and living on board a cargo vessel.

MOH has initiated epidemiological investigations and contact tracing to identify individuals who had close contact with the cases.

The three new patients are in a stable condition, said the ministry.

The earlier seven patients remained in stable condition, and most are improving, it added.

As of noon on Wednesday, test results for about 70 suspected cases were pending, said MOH.

Contact tracing for the confirmed cases is ongoing.

Once identified, MOH will closely monitor all close contacts.

As a precautionary measure, they will be quarantined for 14 days from their last exposure to the patient.

In addition, all other identified contacts who have a low risk of being infected will be under active surveillance, and will be contacted daily to monitor their health status, the ministry added.

At noon on Wednesday, MOH said it had identified 144 close contacts. Of the 115 who are still in Singapore, 111 have been contacted and are being quarantined or isolated.

Efforts are ongoing to contact the remaining four close contacts.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-confirms-3-more-wuhan-virus-cases-bringing-total-to-10-all-are-from-wuhan

i got a suspicion that much more hubei residents already infected... much much more than the 7000+ declared this morning. tiongland underdecalred. now they sealing off hubei to let them die off...

sinkie kumgong govt still accepting hubei people until yesterday... which means there might be more infected hubei kias walking around spreading the virus in sgp... I will insist my family avoid popular tiong places like sentosa, GBTB, zoo and MBS...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meng.huat said:

i got a suspicion that much more hubei residents already infected... much much more than the 7000+ declared this morning. tiongland underdecalred. now they sealing off hubei to let them die off...

sinkie kumgong govt still accepting hubei people until yesterday... which means there might be more infected hubei kias walking around spreading the virus in sgp... I will insist my family avoid popular tiong places like sentosa, GBTB, zoo and MBS...

+Geylang, Chinatown, HDL, Vivo, harbourfont

3 hours ago, meng.huat said:

Chinatown oso alot...

55 minutes ago, XianGe said:

agreed. geylang alot of tiongs and tiongs eateries also. now have to avoid all geylang brothels also sia. dunno her previous customer is who sia. 

if given a choice i will also avoid any food prepared by tiongs.

Edited by Coffee_O
  • Wahaha 1

4 hours ago, meng.huat said:

some tokong amdk medical research uni estimated that the infection rate is ard 3 per carrier based on confirmed tiong cases as of 18jan and modeled out the infection rate at ard 10-15k.

so dont be surprised if actual number is now 50k.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meng.huat said:

1 hour ago, XianGe said:

1 hour ago, sketchish said:

Chinatown oso alot...

20 minutes ago, Coffee_O said:

agreed. geylang alot of tiongs and tiongs eateries also. now have to avoid all geylang brothels also sia. dunno her previous customer is who sia. 

if given a choice i will also avoid any food prepared by tiongs.

thats why i m switching my origin to siambus and vietbus for the time being.

even the atbs who stayed behind, i m also a bit apprehensive.

the infection rate and mortality rate is sibei high to take a chance with newly-arrived atbs.

19 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

thats why i m switching my origin to siambus and vietbus for the time being.

even the atbs who stayed behind, i m also a bit apprehensive.

the infection rate and mortality rate is sibei high to take a chance with newly-arrived atbs.

Problem is you do not know siambus or vietbus previous customer is it a tiongs or not

Moreover i noticed alot of tiongs come tour stayed in geylang hotel

• wtf 1

16 minutes ago, Coffee_O said:

Problem is you do not know siambus or vietbus previous customer is it a tiongs or not

Moreover i noticed alot of tiongs come tour stayed in geylang hotel

usually siambus and vietbus service the local tikos, very seldom they service tiong kias.

tiong kias usually piak their own tiong bus.

those tiong tour groups usually stay either at gayland/jalan besar area.

25 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

usually siambus and vietbus service the local tikos, very seldom they service tiong kias.

tiong kias usually piak their own tiong bus.

those tiong tour groups usually stay either at gayland/jalan besar area.

maybe own tiongs also scare of their own ATBs and switch to Viet and Siam bus hahahaha

• Wahaha 2
  • wtf 1

18 hours ago, Coffee_O said:

maybe own tiongs also scare of their own ATBs and switch to Viet and Siam bus hahahaha

from my understanding through my tiong contacts in sgp, they will not pay from their own pockets for atb in sgp... unless someone pay for them...

singapore too expensive... and only "2nd grade" compared to their AA grade.

Edited by meng.huat

12 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

from my understanding through my tiong contacts in sgp, they will not pay from their own pockets for atb in sgp... unless someone pay for them...

singapore too expensive... and only "2nd grade" compared to their AA grade.

this i agreed. in fact it applies to siam and viet bu also. all the grade here consider "2nd grade"

just like our foreign trash. if they can make it in their country. u think they would want to come here? 

• fapfapfap 1

14 minutes ago, Coffee_O said:

this i agreed. in fact it applies to siam and viet bu also. all the grade here consider "2nd grade"

just like our foreign trash. if they can make it in their country. u think they would want to come here? 

i was lucky to be invited to a KTV session in GZ.

their front receptionist and waitress already very chio...

but i advise dont go tiongland KTV too much... liver up lorry very fast...

Edited by meng.huat

14 minutes ago, meng.huat said:

i was lucky to be invited to a KTV session in GZ.

their front receptionist and waitress already very chio...

but i advise dont go tiongland KTV too much... liver up lorry very fast...

their beer sucks. that time i went beijing KTV drank the snow beer like drinking water. LOL

29 minutes ago, Coffee_O said:

their beer sucks. that time i went beijing KTV drank the snow beer like drinking water. LOL

ya man... dont know dilute with how much ice water...

drink too much and pee like waterfall....

those bai jiu are scary... I wonder if they are actually industrial alcohol.

1 hour ago, meng.huat said:

ya man... dont know dilute with how much ice water...

drink too much and pee like waterfall....

those bai jiu are scary... I wonder if they are actually industrial alcohol.

i drank in a jiao zhi restaurant b4. take one sip. i tell my fren i dont wanna drink liao. burn your throat all the way down to your stomach 

• Wahaha 1