Man buys 'most expensive chicken rice' for $9 at Lorong Limau coffee shop

The_King

A man was stunned when he paid $9 for a plate of chicken rice.

Stomper Terence said his dad visited a new coffee shop at 81 Lorong Limau and ordered two chicken wings and roasted pork from a chicken rice stall.

272340933_607965066968275_34516652393850

"It was the most expensive chicken rice I have ever paid for," he said.

"The rice was sold separately as well.

"When I went back and questioned the hawker, he responded if I cannot afford, next time I should not come back."

• Wahaha 2

34 minutes ago, The_King said:

I though they close for reno

Thinking of going to eat for my first and only last time

yeah, mandarin orchard closed until next month to reopen as hilton orchard.

dont know how they will settle the hainanese chicken rice copyright since mandarin oriental also have similar offering for hotels under their management.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

I am all for fair prices but 2 wings and a portion of roasted meat for $9 seems too ex for a coffeshop. Only possibility for this kind of prices is it was during the first few days of CNY and the hawker could have explain it nicely instead of giving an attitude

Ya me also guess the stomper no state tat it's cny... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

Where is this stall??? 

The hawker damn kuai lan!!

If price not stated, i will tell the hawker to take it and stick it in his A$$! 

But the uncle paid liao, so lan lan suck...... :haha:

vote with  wallet.

no point complaining and still give them money. which is why i vote with my wallet. if more ppl do this they suffer

that is the problem with stalls that unable to state prices like cai png and non standard dish in some stalls. sure got this kind of conflict but i find that he should just walked away if he find the price too expensive. honestly what can the stall owner do if customer find it too exp and walked away? 

But if pay liao, what is the point of whinning about it online? Just suck it up lah

Edited by Coffee_O
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Coffee_O said:

that is the problem with stalls that unable to state prices like cai png and non standard dish in some stalls. sure got this kind of conflict but i find that he should just walked away if he find the price too expensive. honestly what can the stall owner do if customer find it too exp and walked away? 

But if pay liao, what is the point of whinning about it online? Just suck it up lah

Remind me of this stall holder I buy this food.

Ask me return the tong, so I say I know. Then some how she dua lab. Say I know you know. I just asking you to put back

I counter I know you know I know, I pass you the food first so you can cook without waste time

Before she open her mouth, i say you eat yourself. And walk away

Edited by The_King
  • Wahaha 3

21 hours ago, The_King said:

vote with  wallet.

no point complaining and still give them money. which is why i vote with my wallet. if more ppl do this they suffer

There's no need to vote just dont buy!

If the price is not as stated, i will just say so expensive?  Sorry i no money.  I will just walk away!

Good hawkers, i'm willing to buy more and give others. 

Guai lan hawkers i will make them earn every cent!  I work and be polite to my clients to earn my money, u want to earn my money, u do the same to me!

If hawkers want to walk over my head and think i'm DKGK then i show this

Please sign in or sign up for an account to view this content.

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 3

4 hours ago, The_King said:

Remind me of this stall holder I buy this food.

Ask me return the tong, so I say I know. Then some how she dua lab. Say I know you know. I just asking you to put back

I counter I know you know I know, I pass you the food first so you can cook without waste time

Before she open her mouth, i say you eat yourself. And walk away

There are many KGK sinkies who pay money yet kanna bully and talk down, yet still patronize the seller.  

Just like living in Sg, pay money to the ministers yet got treated like DKGK here. On top of this, sinkies still stick around to get manipulated!  

Whats worst, is stack FTs (specially those degree mill) over sinkies! Sinkies kanna door mat by FTs!  

• Wahaha 2

1 minute ago, Bigbird said:

There are many KGK sinkies who pay money yet kanna bully and talk down, yet still patronize the seller.  

Just like living in Sg, pay money to the ministers yet got treated like DKGK here. On top of this, sinkies still stick around to get manipulated!  

Whats worst, is stack FTs (specially those degree mill) over sinkies! Sinkies kanna door mat by FTs!  

for me as long as i nv pay money yet , i will always walk out.

i buy IT/electric/ etc....  stuff . i only talk price and warranty( local or export set)

i dont talk other

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1