Woman says her new Samsung washing machine & dryer needed servicing 8 times in 2 years, now it no longer works​

The_King

Woman says her new Samsung washing machine & dryer needed servicing 8 times in 2 years, now it no longer works
Woman says her new Samsung washing machine & dryer needed servicing 8 times in 2 years, now it no longer works© The Independent Singapore
SINGAPORE: A woman wrote over social media that her Samsung washing machine and dryer, which she bought brand-new two years ago, has required no less than eight trips from the company’s technicians for servicing.
On the COMPLAINT SINGAPORE Facebook page on Wednesday (June 14), Ms Chloe Lim Wei Wei detailed the difficulties she’s had with her washing machine and dryer, including problems with water drainage, panel, motherboard, and drum.

Woman says her new Samsung washing machine & dryer needed servicing 8 times in 2 years, now it no longer works
Woman says her new Samsung washing machine & dryer needed servicing 8 times in 2 years, now it no longer works© The Independent Singapore

Her kitchen, she added, has flooded three times, while her whole house has flooded once because of the unit.

She also explained the drum issue as follows: “There is loud banging noise before the episode turned into a shaky washing machine when we use it. It took them two to three trips to confirm the drum is faulty. So the technician told me to wait for a phone call from Samsung to arrange for bringing it back to repair and a loan set.”

“Even if they bring it back for repair there is no timeline as to when my washing machine can be repaired,” she wrote.

Ms Lim added that while calling the company twice or thrice daily, she is still waiting.

“I request a replacement NEW set or store credit to change out this faulty machine. I was told to wait for a phone call as their management need time to escalate. From April till now, I believe I was truly patient with them and the numerous problems this washing machine had given me. It is unfair for me to be waiting for no solution and thrown in the inconvenience of no washing machine. This is the worse customer service and product anyone could deal with!”

The Independent Singapore has reached out to both Ms Lim and Samsung for further comment. /TISG

Ms Lim added that she received a call in April saying she’d be placed in a queue for a loan set made up of less than 10 people. However, two months later, when the unit was no longer working, the loan set still had not been issued by the company, and there were no parts for the drum yet.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1
  • wtf 1

1 hour ago, XianGe said:

Moi old samsuck washer had the flooding issue after use for 10yrs... Not sure huai hers so fast died... me will avoid samsuck home device oso... Now thinking if should get sharp TV or get more ex sony

just get xiaomi cheap and good

spoil one buy two more

• Wahaha 5

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

14 hours ago, XianGe said:

Moi old samsuck washer had the flooding issue after use for 10yrs... Not sure huai hers so fast died... me will avoid samsuck home device oso... Now thinking if should get sharp TV or get more ex sony

mine oso. i think smthg inside pichar dats y flooding? its been many years no point repair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeenut said:

So far good experience with both Bosch and Panasonic washing machines ..

Last time dryer was LG which lasted a long time, but changed to a Bosch one - been working great too

Ya Bosch ish gud brand... 

18 hours ago, The_King said:

SINGAPORE: A woman wrote over social media that her Samsung washing machine and dryer, which she bought brand-new two years ago, has required no less than eight trips from the company’s technicians for servicing.
On the COMPLAINT SINGAPORE Facebook page on Wednesday (June 14), Ms Chloe Lim Wei Wei detailed the difficulties she’s had with her washing machine and dryer, including problems with water drainage, panel, motherboard, and drum.

Her kitchen, she added, has flooded three times, while her whole house has flooded once because of the unit.

She also explained the drum issue as follows: “There is loud banging noise before the episode turned into a shaky washing machine when we use it. It took them two to three trips to confirm the drum is faulty. So the technician told me to wait for a phone call from Samsung to arrange for bringing it back to repair and a loan set.”

“Even if they bring it back for repair there is no timeline as to when my washing machine can be repaired,” she wrote.

Ms Lim added that while calling the company twice or thrice daily, she is still waiting.

“I request a replacement NEW set or store credit to change out this faulty machine. I was told to wait for a phone call as their management need time to escalate. From April till now, I believe I was truly patient with them and the numerous problems this washing machine had given me. It is unfair for me to be waiting for no solution and thrown in the inconvenience of no washing machine. This is the worse customer service and product anyone could deal with!”

The Independent Singapore has reached out to both Ms Lim and Samsung for further comment. /TISG

Ms Lim added that she received a call in April saying she’d be placed in a queue for a loan set made up of less than 10 people. However, two months later, when the unit was no longer working, the loan set still had not been issued by the company, and there were no parts for the drum yet.

must be the 61% kumgong pappy serf.

only know how to queue for texas fried chicken free bag but dont know how to get compensation.

nb, if break down 8x in 2 yrs means need repair every 3mths on average, which means the machine never pass qc.

this kumgong bu failed maths and basic statistics ah?????

dont know how to call their customer service center to lecture them and get new machine plus good will gesture meh??????

this one also need limpeh to teach.

wahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Wahaha 2

3 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

must be the 61% kumgong pappy serf.

only know how to queue for texas fried chicken free bag but dont know how to get compensation.

nb, if break down 8x in 2 yrs means need repair every 3mths on average, which means the machine never pass qc.

this kumgong bu failed maths and basic statistics ah?????

dont know how to call their customer service center to lecture them and get new machine plus good will gesture meh??????

this one also need limpeh to teach.

wahahahahahahahahahahahaha

singapore got no consumer protection. even the lemon law, is useless (without lawyer and courts = spend tons of  $$$$$$$$$$$, not to say the most useless is CASE. )

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:17 PM, The_King said:

singapore got no consumer protection. even the lemon law, is useless (without lawyer and courts = spend tons of  $$$$$$$$$$$, not to say the most useless is CASE. )

limpeh dont even need to complain to case or resort to court.

limpeh just tell them that i will complain to their head office and if it doesnt work, i will just post onto related website.

wahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

limpeh dont even need to complain to case or resort to court.

limpeh just tell them that i will complain to their head office and if it doesnt work, i will just post onto related website.

wahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ya, nowaday is social media. so everyone will know

• Like 1