S’pore Covid-19 Cases Exceed 10,000 For 2 Straight Weeks, Hospitalisation Incidents Also Increase

Huat Zai

covid-19-cases-march-2023.jpg

Average Number Of New Covid-19 Cases In Singapore Exceeds 10,000 For 2 Weeks

Singapore has long since treated Covid-19 as endemic, ceasing the tracking of cases as religiously as we used to. But that doesn’t mean that the authorities have stopped recording data completely.

Latest reports from the Ministry of Health (MOH) show that the number of new cases has been rising quite significantly in recent weeks.

Most notably, the figures stood at over 10,000 new cases on average each week, for two consecutive weeks.

More than 10,000 new cases per week in mid-March

Since changing its stance towards the coronavirus, MOH has been tracking average cases per Epi-week rather than daily.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an Epi-week or Epidemological week is simply a complete week. Health ministries around the globe may consider Sunday as the first day of the week while others may recognise it to be Saturday or Monday.

Singapore’s weekly infectious disease bulletin updates by MOH seem to show that our Epi-week starts on a Monday.

By virtue of that, the latest Covid-19 statistics thus indicate that the average number of new cases per week exceeded 10,000 for the two weeks leading up to 18 Mar.

Based on the graph, that’s more than double the numbers in previous weeks.

Number of Covid-19 cases in hospitals also increased

As if in tandem, the number of hospitalisation cases also increased in the same weeks, exceeding 120 in the most recent update.

A large number appear to be patients aged 60 years old and above.

Among those in hospitals, five were in the intensive care unit (ICU) as of 18 Mar.

Perhaps a form of consolation could be in the fact that the number of Covid-19-related deaths fell between January and February, from 12 to five.

Vaccination status in the population also appears promising, with nearly or more than 90% of people across all age groups having at least the minimum protection.

Doctors seeing more patients

Doctors interviewed by 8world News claimed that they have been seeing more patients testing positive for Covid-19 in March. These individuals, however, mostly demonstrate mild symptoms.

Among their suspicions for the rise is that people are becoming laxer with measures such as taking antigen rapid tests (ART).

With the Government also eventually ceasing subsidies for Covid-19 testing and treatment, they foresee cases rising further.

Therefore, eligible individuals are advised to keep their vaccinations up-to-date, especially since vaccines are still free for most residents in Singapore.

https://mustsharenews.com/covid-19-cases-march-2023/

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1
  • Geek 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

more and more ppl cough in the bus. my elder also nv wear. then few days ago cough and cough for 2 or 3 days then stop and today i also cough.

test the kits all is NEG, i suspend most ppl have new variant and the test kit cannot detec it

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, The_King said:

more and more ppl cough in the bus. my elder also nv wear. then few days ago cough and cough for 2 or 3 days then stop and today i also cough.

test the kits all is NEG, i suspend most ppl have new variant and the test kit cannot detec it

Said many weeks ago this cough ish notch simpur... Not so fast recover... And it comes with fever as well... All this while ART won't flag anything... 

Me cny period burnt bcos of tis... 

Edited by XianGe
  • Wahaha 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Said many weeks ago this cough ish notch simpur... Not so fast recover... And it comes with fever as well... All this while ART won't flag anything... 

Me cny period burnt bcos of tis... 

i ask my elderly wear, he say no need, now cough and cough. hope all ok

for me if i get sick, i hope for a quick death, infact my type of death is a quick one. i hope i got good karma for a quick death like suddenly heart attack and die, or knock down by a car speeding at 200km, nvm 250km to confirm die

Edited by The_King
  • Wahaha 1
  • wtf 2

3 minutes ago, The_King said:

for me if i get sick, i hope for a quick death, infact my type of death is a quick one. i hope i got good karma for a quick death like suddenly heart attack and die, or knock down by a car speeding at 200km

Heart attack better or killed by medicine

2 hours ago, The_King said:

for me if i get sick, i hope for a quick death, infact my type of death is a quick one. i hope i got good karma for a quick death like suddenly heart attack and die, or knock down by a car speeding at 200km, nvm 250km to confirm die

What happened to uplorrying while doubleflying 2 girls?

• Wahaha 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

covid-19-cases-march-2023.jpg

Average Number Of New Covid-19 Cases In Singapore Exceeds 10,000 For 2 Weeks

Singapore has long since treated Covid-19 as endemic, ceasing the tracking of cases as religiously as we used to. But that doesn’t mean that the authorities have stopped recording data completely.

Latest reports from the Ministry of Health (MOH) show that the number of new cases has been rising quite significantly in recent weeks.

Most notably, the figures stood at over 10,000 new cases on average each week, for two consecutive weeks.

More than 10,000 new cases per week in mid-March

Since changing its stance towards the coronavirus, MOH has been tracking average cases per Epi-week rather than daily.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an Epi-week or Epidemological week is simply a complete week. Health ministries around the globe may consider Sunday as the first day of the week while others may recognise it to be Saturday or Monday.

Singapore’s weekly infectious disease bulletin updates by MOH seem to show that our Epi-week starts on a Monday.

By virtue of that, the latest Covid-19 statistics thus indicate that the average number of new cases per week exceeded 10,000 for the two weeks leading up to 18 Mar.

Based on the graph, that’s more than double the numbers in previous weeks.

Number of Covid-19 cases in hospitals also increased

As if in tandem, the number of hospitalisation cases also increased in the same weeks, exceeding 120 in the most recent update.

A large number appear to be patients aged 60 years old and above.

Among those in hospitals, five were in the intensive care unit (ICU) as of 18 Mar.

Perhaps a form of consolation could be in the fact that the number of Covid-19-related deaths fell between January and February, from 12 to five.

Vaccination status in the population also appears promising, with nearly or more than 90% of people across all age groups having at least the minimum protection.

Doctors seeing more patients

Doctors interviewed by 8world News claimed that they have been seeing more patients testing positive for Covid-19 in March. These individuals, however, mostly demonstrate mild symptoms.

Among their suspicions for the rise is that people are becoming laxer with measures such as taking antigen rapid tests (ART).

With the Government also eventually ceasing subsidies for Covid-19 testing and treatment, they foresee cases rising further.

Therefore, eligible individuals are advised to keep their vaccinations up-to-date, especially since vaccines are still free for most residents in Singapore.

https://mustsharenews.com/covid-19-cases-march-2023/

just goes to show all u pappy serfs r over bui and under exercise.

limpeh every other day go 6km lateral run followed by 16x20m shuttle run.

never fall sick except for the occasional stomach flu as limpeh has sensitive stomach.

song bo, kumgong pappy serf @classyNfabulous and @coffeenut??????

wahahahahahahahahahahaha

• wtf 2

7 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

never fall sick except for the occasional stomach flu as limpeh has sensitive stomach.

wahahahahahahahahahahaha

limbu jin seldom fall sick. for many years mc record clean. last year bo bian hv to see dr cos of covid.

• Wahaha 1
  • wtf 1

10 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

wahahahahahahahahahahaha

relax-sofa.gif

• Wahaha 4

2 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

limbu jin seldom fall sick. for many years mc record clean. last year bo bian hv to see dr cos of covid.

doesnt fall sick doesnt mean u have good cardio.

when can do 6km run in 35minutes then limpeh say u fit, ok, kgb???????

wahahahahahahahahahaha

9 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

wahahahahahahahahahahaha

u eat or drink certain items will kena tummy flu? 

6 minutes ago, classyNfabulous said:

u eat or drink certain items will kena tummy flu? 

if limpeh jiak local chilli, will kena tummy flu.

so must jiak imported capsicums

if limpeh jiak too much oranges, will also kena tummy flu.

if limpeh lim too much milk, will also kena tummy flu. but if lim yogurt, nothing will happen.

wahahahahahahahahaha

• wtf 1

3 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

if limpeh lim too much milk, will also kena tummy flu. but if lim yogurt, nothing will happen.

wahahahahahahahahaha

limpeh jin ma huan

but y normal oranges will kena? i heard for cny oranges, certain types will cause wind or smthg

• Wahaha 1

4 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

wahahahahahahahahaha

Jin satki need jiaks Greek yogurt from full fat milk or labneh :(

• Wahaha 1

6 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

sometimes the oranges too acidic liao, limpeh's stomach cannot take too acidic.

wahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

then u jiak fruits all ok? besides oranges

so if got the vit c tablet to put in a cup of water to lim, u cant take oso? 

those chilli padi or sliced chilli shld be bky, last like fast food chilli in sauce type shld be fine?

• Wahaha 1