SingPost group CEO Coutts has resigned, replacement search underway

The_King

PAUL-COUTTS-FEB2018-pix27-SIC-SingPost-g

Paul Coutts, group CEO of SingPost, has resigned to “pursue other opportunities.”

He will no longer be a director and will “support a handover” until Aug 31 or earlier.

“When I joined, the Board had tasked me to resolve legacy issues, re-imagine the postal landscape in Singapore, re-position the Group for profitable, accelerated growth in e-commerce logistics and, finally, build a new leadership team and put in place a succession plan,” says Coutts.

“Having delivered on those objectives and worked with the executive team in setting SingPost's strategic course for the next 5 years, I believe the time is right for someone new to lead the execution of that strategy and the next stage of SingPost's transformation journey,” he adds.

According to SingPost, the board and Coutts had agreed that a transition would take place this year. The board has started considering both internal and external candidates to replace Coutts.

Coutts, who was previously CEO of Toll Group Forwarding, was appointed to this job back in June 2017. Since then, SingPost shares have dropped by around 40% to close at 73 cents on May 31.

SingPost chairman, Simon Israel notes that Coutts joined the company at a “difficult time”. He had to deal with a significant decline in the domestic mail business, exiting the loss-making US e-commerce business, and navigating through the challenges of COVID-19.

“Paul has put in place a new management team and reset the Group’s strategy around high growth e-commerce logistics in Singapore and the region. We expect to see the benefit of this transformation in the years ahead and we wish Paul well,” says Israel.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

1 hour ago, Homelander said:

SPH names Ng Yat Chung as new CEO, Companies & Markets News & Top Stories -  The Straits Times

26 minutes ago, The_King said:

He the right choice

A man of talent, a man of golden touch, man of integrity

2h6gxo.jpg?a450600

• Wahaha 1
  • wtf 2

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

On 6/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Homelander said:

SPH names Ng Yat Chung as new CEO, Companies & Markets News & Top Stories -  The Straits Times

On 6/1/2021 at 5:54 PM, The_King said:

He the right choice

A man of talent, a man of golden touch, man of integrity

u all dont look down on LTG Umbrage, ok????

post him to singpost is big wood small use.

tiagong his next posting is either singtel or sia hor.

• Wahaha 5

On 6/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, The_King said:

PAUL-COUTTS-FEB2018-pix27-SIC-SingPost-g

Paul Coutts, group CEO of SingPost, has resigned to “pursue other opportunities.”

“When I joined, the Board had tasked me to resolve legacy issues, re-imagine the postal landscape in Singapore, re-position the Group for profitable, accelerated growth in e-commerce logistics and, finally, build a new leadership team and put in place a succession plan,” says Coutts.

Seems like this "legacy issues" is a common problem inherent to Sg "SME' like work culture.  Cant solve one, force workforce to change, workers will mass resign! 

He gave up liao! 

spacer.png

• Wahaha 4

11 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Seems like this "legacy issues" is a common problem inherent to Sg "SME' like work culture.  Cant solve one, force workforce to change, workers will mass resign! 

He gave up liao! 

spacer.png

Sinkies office politics... Nid abnn to replace and remove this politics wif theirs

• Wahaha 2

12 hours ago, Bigbird said:

He gave up liao! 

spacer.png

got sinkie workers mass resign there ah

• Wahaha 2

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

12 hours ago, aaur4man said:

got sinkie workers mass resign there ah

I never follow S post.  I feel Sg SME & Semi gov companies have many inherent root issues!  IF u do management audit, u will know!  

Many old horse there, cant change their mindset and will orchestrate mass "protest/resignation" or sabo improvement measures! We saw what happened to SMaRT for eg!  

Spost, SinkTel, ....... all these have been around since great grandma times.  Many legacy issues!

• Wahaha 1

11 hours ago, Bigbird said:

I never follow S post.  I feel Sg SME & Semi gov companies have many inherent root issues!  IF u do management audit, u will know!  

Many old horse there, cant change their mindset and will orchestrate mass "protest/resignation" or sabo improvement measures! We saw what happened to SMaRT for eg!  

Spost, SinkTel, ....... all these have been around since great grandma times.  Many legacy issues!

either is top heavy like many govt agencies, duplication of functions, cutting essential costs or questionable town council contracts.

example of cutting corners: smrt

https://www.mot.gov.sg/news-centre/news/Detail/Release of Report of COI into 15 and 17 December 2011 MRT Disruptions/

this is my favorite phrase from the mot coi.

nb, no need tell me i alrdy know is caused by inadequate maintenance which is another way to say cutting costs.

4.     The COI concludes that both the 15 and 17 December 2011 incidents were preventable, had adequate maintenance measures and checks been carried out.

example of questionable town council contracts: amk town council gm corruption case

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ang-mo-kio-town-council-corruption-case-jail-terms-increased-12937052

and how come the amk town council GM was given the opportunity to indulge in corruption for 2 yrs, rite under the nose of loong loong????

dont tell me the other members of the committee also didnt detect the hanky panky which went on for 2 yrs???

nb, this sort of simple contract-awarding and accounting discrepancy can be detected in a half yearly audit.

and ex-PM designate ah heng still refuse to set up an independent budget office.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/independent-budget-office-wasteful-heng-swee-keat-pritam-14289824

nb, AG is used to check for wastage in expenditure while independent budget office is to provide on the advice on whether the budget is sustainable and efficiently drafted.

dont even know the basics and still can be finance minister?????

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

12 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

either is top heavy like many govt agencies, duplication of functions, cutting essential costs or questionable town council contracts.

example of cutting corners: smrt

https://www.mot.gov.sg/news-centre/news/Detail/Release of Report of COI into 15 and 17 December 2011 MRT Disruptions/

this is my favorite phrase from the mot coi.

nb, no need tell me i alrdy know is caused by inadequate maintenance which is another way to say cutting costs.

4.     The COI concludes that both the 15 and 17 December 2011 incidents were preventable, had adequate maintenance measures and checks been carried out.

example of questionable town council contracts: amk town council gm corruption case

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ang-mo-kio-town-council-corruption-case-jail-terms-increased-12937052

and how come the amk town council GM was given the opportunity to indulge in corruption for 2 yrs, rite under the nose of loong loong????

dont tell me the other members of the committee also didnt detect the hanky panky which went on for 2 yrs???

nb, this sort of simple contract-awarding and accounting discrepancy can be detected in a half yearly audit.

and ex-PM designate ah heng still refuse to set up an independent budget office.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/independent-budget-office-wasteful-heng-swee-keat-pritam-14289824

nb, AG is used to check for wastage in expenditure while independent budget office is to provide on the advice on whether the budget is sustainable and efficiently drafted.

dont even know the basics and still can be finance minister?????

Besides all the wayang, the work culture is just unbelievable!

The attitude & qualities of those monkey see monkey do culture is just like Xia xuay chan & take Umbrage Ng.  

Cant do, cant speak, cant lead!

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Besides all the wayang, the work culture is just unbelievable!

The attitude & qualities of those monkey see monkey do culture is just like Xia xuay chan & take Umbrage Ng.  

Cant do, cant speak, cant lead!

just be thxful that LTG Umbrage and co r still a notch or 2 above the neighbors.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/govt-mulling-legal-action-against-antivaxxers-says-muhyiddin

Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the government had, in fact, asked the Covid-19 Vaccine Supply Access Guarantee Special Committee (JKJAV) to study the possibility to make vaccination compulsory for all if the number of those registered in the programme is still far from achieving herd immunity.

there is a reason why no govt dare to implement a compulsory wuhan vaccination program, unlike measles/mmr vaccination.

measles/mmr vaccination has been found to be effective with very mild symptoms since 1963, thats why it was made compulsory in sgp since there is hardly any adverse reactions which may open moh to liabilities.

once any vaccination is made compulsory by a govt, a govt takes up the legal, financial and moral responsibilities accompanying such a move.

in other words, this mean the govt will be open to having people making claims on the govt if anything, even as trivial as skin allergy, occurs within 3mths or so.

i really wonder if ah din knows the legal implications of making such a move.

• Wahaha 2