Johor to present case on reopening border with Singapore to EAC

The_King

JOHOR BARU: Johor will present its case to Putrajaya on reopening Malaysia's border with Singapore as soon as possible.

Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Hasni Mohammad (pic) said that the state government would table its plan to the Economic Action Council (EAC) on Oct 19.

"I have asked the Federal Government to consider the state's request to fully open up our border with the island republic.

"The plan does not only cover the importance of opening our borders but also includes those working in Singapore as well as the impact on investments made in Johor," he added.

Hasni said this after the closing ceremony of the Asia International Innovation and Exhibition held at Pulai Spring Resort here on Sunday (Oct 11).

He added that Johor must explain to the Federal Government the economic impact the border closure has caused to the state.

"The government must not only consider our request but must make a decision immediately as we cannot in this position for much longer," he said, adding that many people and businesses had been affected since the border closed on March 18.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/10/11/johor-to-present-case-on-reopening-border-with-singapore-to-eac

• Wahaha 1

even if reopen, also no use becos no one wants to risk the congestion and secondly, most people now more worry abt having enough savings, so where got mood to spend on shopping.

go ion orchard, u know liao.

last time can see alot of sakti tonys buy prada or lv for their atb gfs, now no more.

but luckily, still have kgk xdd @HarrisY willing to splurge on prada sunglasses for his atb gf.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 2

30 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

even if reopen, also no use becos no one wants to risk the congestion and secondly, most people now more worry abt having enough savings, so where got mood to spend on shopping.

go ion orchard, u know liao.

last time can see alot of sakti tonys buy prada or lv for their atb gfs, now no more.

but luckily, still have kgk xdd @HarrisY willing to splurge on prada sunglasses for his atb gf.

@HarrisY is JSKM.

economic downturn: here i come, fear me everyone

economic downturn: Use recession, -9999 HP to everyone

HarrisY unaffected

HarrisY: use pdg and splurge

economic downturn: fainted

• Wahaha 3

6 minutes ago, The_King said:

@HarrisY is JSKM.

economic downturn: here i come, fear me everyone

economic downturn: Use recession, -9999 HP to everyone

HarrisY unaffected

HarrisY: use pdg and splurge

economic downturn: fainted

Raytheon, BAE, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Thales all dis regardless of wat still need to sell pew pew things

@socrates469bc chiu tink so?

Edited by HarrisY
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 2

Malaysia Just want to offload their jobless kias into SG!  

The more Malaysia kias go earn SG money and send back to spend, helps their economy right?

Also lesser unemployment issue for them = lesser social issues!   Got Convid19, also SG can help settle! Unburden their healthcare system! 

I always hear foreigners says "SG is a land of GOLD"!!!

Song Bo!!!

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 3
  • Wahaha 1

11 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Malaysia Just want to offload their jobless kias into SG!  

The more Malaysia kias go earn SG money and send back to spend, helps their economy right?

Also lesser unemployment issue for them = lesser social issues!   Got Convid19, also SG can help settle! Unburden their healthcare system! 

I always hear foreigners says "SG is a land of GOLD"!!!

Song Bo!!!

the sgp economy relies on cheap labor to build the condos and clean shopping malls.

so no matter how bad the economy is, sgp still needs to import workers becos sgp never automate in the past 15 yrs of loong loong's rule.

now zheng hu wants to automate is late liao since the profitability case for automation is gone liao.

this is a vicious economic cycle.

wahahahhahahhahaha

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

7 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

the sgp economy relies on cheap labor to build the condos and clean shopping malls.

so no matter how bad the economy is, sgp still needs to import workers becos sgp never automate in the past 15 yrs of loong loong's rule.

now zheng hu wants to automate is late liao since the profitability case for automation is gone liao.

this is a vicious economic cycle.

wahahahhahahhahaha

why would automation no longer help to save cost?

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

16 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

why would automation no longer help to save cost?

economic of scale.

assuming that i have 20 building projects for 2014 and projected to have 15 projects for the next 5 yrs until 2019.

so i decided to buy 2 brick-laying machines and this investment is projected to pay off by 2016 at the end of 50 projects.

now, if i only have 10 projects in 2021 and expecting 5 projects for the next 5 yrs till 2026, i only have 35 projects.

so is investing in automation going to pay off as i cannot foresee my project flow after 2026????

this automation investment is a dead-weight sunk into my operational costs and i want the returns to come in as soon as possible..

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 2

10 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

economic of scale.

assuming that i have 20 building projects for 2014 and projected to have 15 projects for the next 5 yrs until 2019.

so i decided to buy 2 brick-laying machines and this investment is projected to pay off by 2016 at the end of 50 projects.

now, if i only have 10 projects in 2021 and expecting 5 projects for the next 5 yrs till 2026, i only have 35 projects.

so is investing in automation going to pay off as i cannot foresee my project flow after 2026????

this automation investment is a dead-weight sunk into my operational costs and i want the returns to come in as soon as possible..

I always thought while cost of labour will creep up, cost of current technology will likely trend downwards.

maybe in 2019 cost of the same brick laying machine is less than it was in 2014

Edited by aaur4man

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

6 hours ago, aaur4man said:

I always thought while cost of labour will creep up, cost of current technology will likely trend downwards.

maybe in 2019 cost of the same brick laying machine is less than it was in 2014

yes, the automation costs has gone down but now the issue is that there is a dire lack of projects.

so if the towkay buys the machine, when he can recover his costs????

thats why there were alrdy warnings by labor economists on the decreasing sgp's productivity in 2000s.

GKS was the first to worry abt this issue back in the early 1970s.

https://investmentmoats.com/stock-market-commentary/mr-goh-keng-swee-warned-us-about-it-yet-we-are-still-trying-to-figure-out-this-entrepreneurial-model/

• Like 1
  • wtf 2