Man and woman arrested after stealing milk powder from Geylang Road supermarket 5 times

The_King

milkmain.jpg

A man and a woman, aged 30 and 39, were arrested on Saturday (Aug 15) for stealing milk powder from a supermarket along Geylang Road on multiple occasions.

The police were alerted on July 31 to several cases of theft involving milk powder that had occurred at the supermarket on July 27 and 30.

Through follow up investigations and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identities of the man and woman and arrested them.

"Preliminary investigations revealed that they had stolen from the same supermarket on five occasions," said the police in a statement on Sunday.

The couple will be charged in court on Monday for theft in dwelling with common intention, which carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/man-and-woman-arrested-for-stealing-milk-powder-from-geylang-road-supermarket-5-times

7 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Maybe lost job and desperate and results to such measures

Then take the effort to produce breast milk or dont reproduce if cant afford it. There are also avenues where mothers offer their breast milk for free or formula as blessing. If take effort dont need to steal

confirm can guess race, must be drug addict hence no natural milk

Edited by ManOfTheHour

IMG-7224.jpg

36 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

How can stealing not be considered wrong? Life is never fair in the first place but that does not mean they have the right to steal.

i dont want the baby to go hungry . so such i will turn a blind eye

what is right what is wrong?

the parent unable to feed the baby?

the big corp that earn tons of profit and only give little to none in return?

Edited by The_King

2 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

Compassion is good but we still need to know what is right and wrong in life. If you turn a blind eye to let the parents steal, they will likely pass on that mindset or even encourage their children to steal when they grow up

u brought up an interesting point abt compassion.

but if pappy drives merc e class while the ordinary masses worry abt the next meal, do u think the govt has failed in compassion????

All Singapore Stuff - Real Singapore News - Complaints |Page 167 ...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

Compassion is good but we still need to know what is right and wrong in life. If you turn a blind eye to let the parents steal, they will likely pass on that mindset or even encourage their children to steal when they grow up

what right or wrong is not up to a stranger like me to teach the parent.

i did not let them steal, i am just not paid to do the work. in sg money always first.  like i said  society failed them 

this is what i know in this  society, everyone work for money, no money, no care. money always first

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_King said:

i did not let them steal, i am just not paid to do the work. in sg money always first.  like i said  society failed them 

this is what i know in this  society, everyone work for money, no money, no care. money always first

No money dont have a child then. In the end the innocent child suffers cos of fucked up parents

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

10 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

u brought up an interesting point abt compassion.

but if pappy drives merc e class while the ordinary masses worry abt the next meal, do u think the govt has failed in compassion????

All Singapore Stuff - Real Singapore News - Complaints |Page 167 ...

Pappy driving e class or staying in a GCB has nothing to do with a person having compassion. If you ask me, a person's sense of principles and beliefs should not be dictated by their plight or how many zeros they have in their bank account. You can be a beggar but yet have more compassion than all the rich people in the world.

https://says.com/my/lifestyle/dobri-dobrev-begs-every-day-and-gives-it-all-away-to-churches-and-orphanages

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1

11 hours ago, The_King said:

You did not let them steal but you said you will turn a blind eye. Ever heard of the Domino Effect?

3 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

Pappy driving e class or staying in a GCB has nothing to do with a person having compassion. If you ask me, a person's sense of principles and beliefs should not be dictated by their plight or how many zeros they have in their bank account. You can be a beggar but yet have more compassion than all the rich people in the world.

https://says.com/my/lifestyle/dobri-dobrev-begs-every-day-and-gives-it-all-away-to-churches-and-orphanages

r u sure?????

let me give u a real life scenario.

ww2, lack of food, people with no chance of survival dying all ard u.

do u a) try to nurse the no hopers or b) give them an easy death and be a cannibal????

and also, regarding pappies driving e class or staying in a condo, this have everything to do with compassion.

the pappies r ruling party and as ruling party, they must understand the difficulties of those who elect them.

or else why elect them????

wahahahhahahah

12 hours ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

Maybe but resorting to crime is never right. There are many orgs that they can apply for aid if they are willing to swallow their pride. Worst to worst just let the children drink cheap or diluted milk, confirm won't die

When desperate they maybe cannot tink correct to seek help from welfare org or mp... tats huai if got kampong spirit neighbors can look out for each other... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

r u sure?????

let me give u a real life scenario.

ww2, lack of food, people with no chance of survival dying all ard u.

do u a) try to nurse the no hopers or b) give them an easy death and be a cannibal????

and also, regarding pappies driving e class or staying in a condo, this have everything to do with compassion.

the pappies r ruling party and as ruling party, they must understand the difficulties of those who elect them.

or else why elect them????

wahahahhahahah

Yes I am pretty sure.

Based on your given scenario, I will choose neither a or b but c. Which is save whoever that can be saved and those that can't be saved, provide palliative care and let them die with dignity.

I am not in PAP so I can't speak for them but if I am elected as a leader,  I have to balance the role of leading the country and also taking care of the citizens. If you think understanding the difficulties must come first, then that is your prerogative