[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

Just now, noobmaster said:

I'm hoping for Sesko, right footed Haaland lol

Wait see liao .. who will make the $$ decisions. Most likely will get in players who won't be Ten Hag's shortlist lol. Maybe most of the bigger clubs will benefit from a period of rest + pre-season before next season. 

Some clubs got to decide on change of ownership, some clubs need find new manyzer too. Arsenal and City best placed with stable manager + 80% of players not changing 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, noobmaster said:

hopefully united

backup to bruno

or maybe just get maddison + tielemens, the latter should be cheaper cause contract expiring

As of now, only Liverpool have enquired about Maddison but most likely rather go for Gravenberch and Ugarte.  Dont need to pay English premium

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Sad 1

IMG-7224.jpg

2 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

If only PL didnt have one winner every season 🤷🏻‍♂️

No choice Man City too consistent and turns up for big games...they are like the MU in the 90s and 00s. Need a major challenger to rise up to compete.

Back then under Fergie, every season also so tough to knock them off the perch...and Fergie have like 4 gens of championship winning squads?

1) Cantona, Bruce, Kanchelski, Ince

2) Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Cole

3) Van Nistelrooy, Scholes, Giggs, Barthez

4) Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Vidic

• Like 2

Just now, Homelander said:

No choice Man City too consistent and turns up for big games...they are like the MU in the 90s and 00s. Need a major challenger to rise up to compete.

Back then under Fergie, every season also so tough to knock them off the perch...and Fergie have like 4 gens of championship winning squads?

All about the $$$

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

1 minute ago, ManOfTheHour said:

All about the $$$

Definitely $$ play a part, no $$ how to attract and buy top players...last time MU also shell out big $$, still need a good manager to bring the winning mentality and clutch mindset to the games

Liverpool not bad, got intermittent success throughout the years liao...change managers still can win some trophies, some clubs dry all the way

- Roy Evans, League cup

- Gerard Houllier, League cup, FA cup, UEFA cup (UEFA final against Alaves was damn good)

- Rafael Benitez, Champions League, FA Cup

- Kenny Daglish, League Cup

After that i can't remember who took over from King Kenny liao

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Chiu forgot abt Howard web... 

• Wahaha 2

2 hours ago, Homelander said:

3 is like gen 2.5 cause got overlap

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Homelander said:

Definitely $$ play a part, no $$ how to attract and buy top players...last time MU also shell out big $$, still need a good manager to bring the winning mentality and clutch mindset to the games

Liverpool not bad, got intermittent success throughout the years liao...change managers still can win some trophies, some clubs dry all the way

- Roy Evans, League cup

- Gerard Houllier, League cup, FA cup, UEFA cup (UEFA final against Alaves was damn good)

- Rafael Benitez, Champions League, FA Cup

- Kenny Daglish, League Cup

After that i can't remember who took over from King Kenny liao

Even when Blackburn won in 95, they spent on Sutton etc. 

since the 90s, whoever invests gets the glory with few exception like Leicester. 

Many fans forget Roy Evans. He actually got us playing well n we were in the 96 title race. 

Never liked Houllier, he and Rafa should hv won more. Houllier was clever though and got the English player clique to support him. If not he would have been sacked earlier. 

it was the clown Brendan Rodgers who took over Kenny. We played exciting football with Suarez but that defence…

overall, i dont regret supporting LFC (i come from a man utd strong family)

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

27 minutes ago, noobmaster said:

3 is like gen 2.5 cause got overlap

I hate United but one player deserves mention for their success. 
Park Ji Sung. 
He was a manager’s dream. Professional, fit, never complain n did the job. 

Roy Keane was hard not to admire too. 

IMG-7224.jpg

7 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I hate United but one player deserves mention for their success. 
Park Ji Sung. 
He was a manager’s dream. Professional, fit, never complain n did the job. 

Roy Keane was hard not to admire too. 

Yes park is a big game player, Keane too

Hard to find players with character nowadays 

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, noobmaster said:

Yes park is a big game player, Keane too

Hard to find players with character nowadays 

The closest Liverpool has to Park was Kuyt then. 

what i like about Keane was he took his captaincy seriously. Back when he left Forest, was considered big transfer fee but he took it well. 
i also rem Bruce scored almost 20 goals as a CB. 

Ferguson got the best out of average players. I bet he can make Maguire decent if he could with Brown n O Shea

IMG-7224.jpg

1 minute ago, ManOfTheHour said:

The closest Liverpool has to Park was Kuyt then. 

what i like about Keane was he took his captaincy seriously. Back when he left Forest, was considered big transfer fee but he took it well. 
i also rem Bruce scored almost 20 goals as a CB. 

Ferguson got the best out of average players. I bet he can make Maguire decent if he could with Brown n O Shea

Ya Ferguson defeated arsenal with 7 defenders 

IMG_2862.jpeg

Edited by noobmaster
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Yeah got some players longevity cross over...Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Brown all the stalwarts that help the continuity of success

To an extent I would even say Solskjaer. He played until damn old n contributed when needed. 
A squad that works has players who know how to improvise with age n understand they arent always gonna be young

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

13 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

To an extent I would even say Solskjaer. He played until damn old n contributed when needed. 
A squad that works has players who know how to improvise with age n understand they arent always gonna be young

You don’t get those nowadays

• Like 1

spacer.png