[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

2 hours ago, metalrover said:

Blackburn Rovers' summer transfer window budget and the recruitment challenges ahead

Jon Dahl Tomasson has discussed recruitment plans fo the summer transfer window

spacer.png

Blackburn Rovers head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson. (Image: PA Wire/PA Images)

Jon Dahl Tomasson has revealed Blackburn Rovers will be targetting loans and free transfers whilst trying to exploit European markets in the summer transfer window.

Rovers were left playing catch-up in 2022 after the late arrival of Gregg Broughton and Tomasson as the club restructured their football operations. With that in mind, the upcoming window is the first proper summer Rovers have been able to plan for under the new regime.

Broughton revealed that a transfer longlist would be presented to the management team in early April with initial players identified by the recruitment team. That list will then be further filtered down with clips of those individual targets, Tomasson explained.

The Danish head coach admitted Rovers will need to box smart once again, with the club trying to compete with bigger budgets in the Championship. He revealed Rovers currently have the 14th-highest wage budget in the division.

"Yeah, we have seen that the recruitment team has been working hard," Tomasson told Lancs Live. "They have come up with names and now they need to present the players with clips to the staff so we can see if we think they are the right players.

"There has been a filter first of all. We can't give a lot away with money so it's loans and free transfers.

"We look at the way of playing, the principles we want as a club and then you filter down. With the UK being outside of Europe, it can be difficult to get players from abroad.

"Then you have the competition in the league, we are 14th in the league regarding wages. So that is always a difficult one. Hopefully, we will have a good window in the summer."

Source https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-budget-recruitment-26692122

Bo lui as usual

33 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Wah didn't even realise got match last night!! 

Wahaha Arsenal .. feel a bit bad Soton couldn't hold on and win 

Shame soton will probably relegate but i think they have a good young coach. I hope they stick with him. 
cheapo LFC should buy Ward Prowse as new utility man like Milner 😂

IMG-7224.jpg

6 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Shame soton will probably relegate but i think they have a good young coach. I hope they stick with him. 
cheapo LFC should buy Ward Prowse as new utility man like Milner 😂

Yeah, JWP should have a higher dead ball scoring ability than TAA. Think appoint Milner as assistant coach can liaoz .. 

Waiting for City vs Arsenal with 3-4 Arsenal players getting red cards :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Yeah, JWP should have a higher dead ball scoring ability than TAA. Think appoint Milner as assistant coach can liaoz .. 

Waiting for City vs Arsenal with 3-4 Arsenal players getting red cards :(

Next season TAA will be cm if Klopp can buy a rb

Milner will be told to leave apparently. I also think he shld be given a coaching role. He’s a very model pro. 

HAHA yes. I can see red card game. 

IMG-7224.jpg