Bigbird

2 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Have u got to the root of your anxiety attacks? 

Quite often its said to be psychological.

But sometimes, respiratory/allergy/migraine issues cold be the underlining root cause/triggers.

I did not see any IMH doctor on this anxiety issue.

The attacks seems to get worse as i age. Maybe i'm the kind that worry too much (since i'm in my pri sch days)

4 minutes ago, chamfer said:

I did not see any IMH doctor on this anxiety issue.

The attacks seems to get worse as i age. Maybe i'm the kind that worry too much (since i'm in my pri sch days)

Is it external cause?  like u say maybe your kids edu, relationship, weather, menopause ....?  

I dont have anxiety issue, but my chronic sinus caused my quality of life to decrease, thus "depressed"!

12 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Is it external cause?  like u say maybe your kids edu, relationship, weather, menopause ....?  

I dont have anxiety issue, but my chronic sinus caused my quality of life to decrease, thus "depressed"!

I know that stress is one of the trigger. 

As i'm getting near to menopause stage,it might be one of the reasons.

But i have propranlol which i could increase my dosage if got anxiety. Another GP warned me not to increase the propranlol dosage even when i had slight high blood pressure or anxiety as it slows down my heart which is not good.

Edited by chamfer
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, chamfer said:

I know that stress is one of the trigger. 

As i'm getting near to menopause stage,it might be one of the reasons.

But i have propranlol which i could increase my dosage if got anxiety. Another GP warned me not to increase the propranlol dosage even when i had slight high blood pressure or anxiety as it slows down my heart which is not good.

Yes this is a high concerning side effect.

Also take note on this too, Pseudoephedrine will also have the same side effect that cause heart palpitations or raise your blood pressure. It is a very effective decongestant that is used in cold/flu/sinus medicines eg Fedac, Telfast D, Clarinase, Zrytec D..........    Everything with decongestant in your medicine will probably contain the above active ingredient.  

So if u are taking both, it doubles the side effect on heart.   

Please be vary of this.  Also try not to take any caffeinated drinks too.   If u take TCM, please check.

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

Yes this is a high concerning side effect.

Also take note on this too, Pseudoephedrine will also have the same side effect that cause heart palpitations or raise your blood pressure. It is a very effective decongestant that is used in cold/flu/sinus medicines eg Fedac, Telfast D, Clarinase, Zrytec D..........    Everything with decongestant in your medicine will probably contain the above active ingredient.  

So if u are taking both, it doubles the side effect on heart.   

Please be vary of this.  Also try not to take any caffeinated drinks too.   If u take TCM, please check.

The pharmaciist at guardian informed me about raising blood pressure when taking clarinase(she see me buying it almost monthly)

I got blocked nose easily and it's hard not to take the medicine to relieve it.

Propranlol is for migraine preventation and i take a bare min dosage 20mg.

Thanks for the advice on tcm and caffeinated drinks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chamfer said:

The pharmaciist at guardian informed me about raising blood pressure when taking clarinase(she see me buying it almost monthly)

I got blocked nose easily and it's hard not to take the medicine to relieve it.

Propranlol is for migraine preventation and i take a bare min dosage 20mg.

Thanks for the advice on tcm and caffeinated drinks.

My experience on these antihistamines.

I have taken "2rd Gen" Antihistamine (Loratadine, Fexofenadine, Cetirizine) previously for a while (~2yrs), got them from JB but i find the efficacy is not as good a the 1st gen Fedac!

I asked the pharmacists in SG on their Feedback on 1st Gen vs 2rd Gen antihistamine and their response were many people also feedback the 1st gen works better, however the drowsy feeling makes most use the 2nd Gen. 

So at night i depend on Fedac!  Good to sleep and clears my nasal.

Is their a trend on when (Day/night) u take your antihistamine?

Edited by Bigbird

My worst case for blocked nose is 

Morning spray avamys and take clarinase.

Night spray avamys and iliadin and take fedac.

Took telfast d,zrytec before. I choose clarinase because it's much cheaper. Zrytec does not work that well as before for me.

Last time used to buy flixonase but now no see them been sold.

But spray is better to use less as it can cause more damage to nose.(advice from pharmacist)

39 minutes ago, chamfer said:

My worst case for blocked nose is 

Morning spray avamys and take clarinase.

Night spray avamys and iliadin and take fedac.

Took telfast d,zrytec before. I choose clarinase because it's much cheaper. Zrytec does not work that well as before for me.

Last time used to buy flixonase but now no see them been sold.

But spray is better to use less as it can cause more damage to nose.(advice from pharmacist)

Corticosteroids doesnt work on me, as i will need to take fedac on top of it too.  Topical application is good as its not systemic.  However, Corticosteroids causes immunosuppression and also rebound effect.  And all these Corticosteroids is expensive. So its redundant to me.

I will wait for travel to begin and buy from overseas. 

Fyi

For clarinase the active ingredient is Loratadine. I bought from SGH pharmacy generic loratadine 10mg is $2.40/10 tab.

For Telfast-D 180mg $4.00.

:wink:

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tiagong some birdies n kitties have sinus problem. This birdy has managed to reduce sinus problem almost 99%. Now just need to blow nose to clear the snot 30min-1h from waking up and good for the day.

I did it by reading and following the exercise in this book.  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26533127-the-oxygen-advantage

I feel the exercises that led to the biggest improvement for me was breath holding (I do it almost whenever I walk and also when meditating). The other was breathing through nose only when exercising. 

If you too lazy to read the book, can see summary on reddit.

Another book that is interesting is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48890486-breath

Talks about why mouth breathing is bad.

Edited by Standing Birdy
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Topic:

Midlife/Quarter-life Crisis

Transition or Depression?

A midlife crisis might occur anywhere from about age 37 through the 50s.

https://www.webmd.com/depression/features/midlife-crisis-opportunity

Signs of midlife crisis:

• declining happiness and life satisfaction
  • aimlessness or a loss of life purpose
  • self-doubt
  • frustration with changing life roles and responsibilities
  • boredom and dissatisfaction with your relationship, career, or life in general
  • concerns about your appearance and how others perceive you
  • thoughts about death, the meaning of life, and other existential concepts
  • changes in energy levels, from increased restlessness to unusual fatigue
  • less motivation or interest in pursuing goals and activities you used to enjoy
  • mood changes, including anger, irritability, and sadness
  • changes in sexual desire
  • Your emotional distress impairs your ability to sleep or it affects your appetite
  • You can’t concentrate at work or you’ve had to call in sick due to your distress
  • Your stress or mood is taking a toll on your relationships, such as increased fighting with a partner or sibling
  • You’ve lost interest in leisure activities and hobbies

More often than not, age-related distress begins when you realize your own mortality and come up against the perceived restrictions of age.

Plenty of people consider youth the most desirable commodity. The wide variety of anti-aging products and procedures on the market only serve to emphasize the idea that you should maintain youth, or the prime of health and appearance, at any cost.

Cultural assumptions about age also come into play. People commonly associate aging with unwelcome physical and mental changes, like:

As your middle years approach, then, you might feel afraid of aging before you’ve had the chance to fully experience life — especially if you have yet to achieve certain milestones or personal goals, like purchasing a home, getting married, or publishing a novel.

At the same time, those very milestones you achieved can also factor into midlife distress:

• Parents who define themselves by their role as parents may feel a sense of loss and purposelessness when their children leave home.
  • Parents who juggle work and child care, plus carry a majority of the mental load, might be “doing it all,” but they’re more likely to face a breaking point when faced with even one additional source of stress.

https://www.healthline.com/health/midlife-crisis#causes

• Like 1

What Are the Signs of a Midlife Crisis?

Midlife can be the unhappiest time in a person's life

Medically reviewed by

Updated on November 24, 2020

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-the-signs-of-a-midlife-crisis-4175827

15 Signs You've Hit Your Mid-Life Crisis (And What To Do About It)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2017/08/31/15-signs-youve-hit-your-mid-life-crisis-and-what-to-do-about-it/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myth or Reality ?? :hmm:

• Like 1