Bigbird

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, Bigbird said:

spacer.png

Making Sense of Symptoms

Your guide to avoiding coronavirus, flu and confusion this flu season.

It sometimes feels like the more we learn about coronavirus, the harder it is to discern it from other illnesses.

Now, flu season is upon us now, which is sure to present perplexing questions: Does having a fever mean I have COVID? Is this stuffy nose the result of a cold, or could it be the flu? Or allergies?

There are at least a dozen symptoms shared by some or all of those ailments, making it nearly impossible to know what you have without a diagnostic test, a medical exam or both.

The good news is that, in many cases, you don’t need to know the cause in order to know what to do. The key is to watch for changes in your or family’s health and to respond promptly.

To help, we’ve put together this side-by-side comparison of symptoms as a quick reference.

CORONAVIRUS vs. COLD vs. FLU vs. ALLERGIES

There are lots of similarities between illness from the coronavirus and the flu, but there are some differences that help doctors distinguish them.

A key difference is the incubation period for the viruses -- that is, the time it takes to develop symptoms after exposure to it. The flu always strikes quickly, typically one to three days. Coronavirus, however, can take anywhere from two to 14 days. Which is why it’s important to isolate right away after being exposed so as not to unknowingly infect others.

People usually recover from the flu in seven to 10 days, while it’s believed that it takes at least 10 days to recover from the coronavirus, especially those with severe cases, which can mean several weeks or even months of gradual recovery.

The symptoms themselves are a bit more tricky to distinguish. Below is a list of 12 symptoms that are easily confused among coronavirus, the flu, the cold and allergies.

spacer.png

Fever: Coronavirus and flu both cause fever, but it’s rare for the common cold. COVID-19 patients usually have a fever of 100 F or higher, while flu sufferers often experience fever of 100F to 102F that lasts three to four days.

Headache: COVID-19 patients sometimes have headaches. Flu sufferers often experience intense headaches. Headaches are rare with the cold, but sometimes caused by allergies.

Extreme exhaustion: Patients with the coronavirus sometimes experience this intense form of fatigue, but it typically progresses slowly. Flu, on the other hand, often causes severe exhaustion as an early symptom.

Body aches and pains: The flu virus often causes body aches that are severe. Aches are sometimes present with coronavirus, but not always.

Fatigue and weakness: Very similar to body aches, fatigue and weakness are more common and usually more severe with the flu than with the coronavirus.

Stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, sore throat: One or more of these are sometimes present with the flu, but they’re all rare for the coronavirus.

Cough: Common to both flu and coronavirus.

Shortness of breath: A serious symptom which occurs in severe cases of coronavirus, but rarely with the flu. Seek immediate medical attention immediately if you experience this life-threatening symptom.

Diarrhea: Sometimes caused by both coronavirus and the flu.

https://ololrmc.com/blogs/making-sense-of-symptoms

Easily confusing bc there are quite a number of overlapping symptoms between C-19 and Flu/Cold.

• Like 2

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

i think my KS is healed

so yesterday i started Intermittent Fasting (1 meal per day of low carbo, no sugar diet, low animal protein) last food intake is 11pm and today eat at 7pm.

sugar level on sunday night is 77 mg/dL

monday 9.30am 90 mg/dL

monday 3pm 90 mg/dL

monday 11pm 115mg/dL

wed, thru and fri should be i meal per day then after then 36hr fast or next meal will be 7pm sunday

so easy no kick, reason is simple, when i go for sex party it normal not to eat for the whole day. ahahahah (so shhhh please)

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

Fasting is like going for sex party where i usually fast for the sex pill to work at it max

21/4/2021

sugar level on 21/4/2021 night is 115 mg/dL

21/4/2021 9.30am 90 mg/dL

21/4/2021  4pm 95 mg/dL

21/4/2021  11.30pm 112mg/dL

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

In Singapore, 1 in 10 people above the age of 60 suffers from dementia. This corresponds to approximately 82,000 people in 2018 and this number is projected to increase to 152,000 by 2030.

Did you know that almost half (45.5%) of dementia cases in Singapore are vascular dementia? You may also be surprised to learn that you can take steps now to lower your risk of vascular dementia.

Vascular Dementia
Vascular dementia is a common type of dementia, which is an illness that affects the brain, leading to progressive memory loss, decline in intellectual ability and personality changes. It affects a person’s ability to think, learn and make decisions.
Vascular dementia is caused by reduced supply of blood to the brain due to damaged blood vessels, depriving brain cells of vital oxygen and nutrients.

Alzheimer’s Disease
Other than vascular dementia, Alzheimer's disease is another common type of dementia. Alzheimer's disease is a progressive illness in which the nerve cells of the brain are destroyed and the brain substance shrinks. The cause of Alzheimer’s disease is not fully understood but it’s likely a combination of genetic and lifestyle factors.

• Like 1

Are You At Risk of getting Vascular Dementia?
There are many factors that can increase the chances of damage to blood vessels in your brain, which in effect, increase your risk of getting vascular dementia:
  • High blood pressure
  • High cholesterol
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Obesity
  • Smoking
  • Stroke
10 Common Signs of Vascular Dementia:
spacer.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_King said:

23/4/2021

sugar level on 22/4/2021 night is 130 mg/dL

23/4/2021 9.30am 77 mg/dL

23/4/2021  4pm 95 mg/dL

23/4/2021  11.30pm 120mg/dL

Everyday u do blood test? Data from your glucometer?

i starting to like this IF or one meal per day (OMAD)

begin 2 day fast last meal is friday night

23/4/2021

sugar level on 24/4/2021 night is 120 mg/dL

24/4/2021  3pm 95 mg/dL

24/4/2021  11.30pm 102mg/dL

25/4/2021

25/4/2021  11.30am 95mg/dL

25/4/2021  2pm 98mg/dL

break fast at 4pm with some plain tom yum soup (invite only a handful of veggi)

25/4/2021  9.20pm 119mg/dL

i think this will end here so i roughly know my sugar level when i fast but will be testing blood for this whole day often then to once per day then slowly reduce

note:

no insulin was taken after friday night, i only begin to take when i have my meal on sunday evening

I am following jason fung,  Sten Ekberg, Peter Attia, etc....

it should take a few month of fasting (OMAD daily and once per month of 3 day fasting), high fat, low carb, correct amount of protein based on my weight to reverse any Insulin Resistance  or to regen those beta cell or even to see the result

Edited by The_King

2 hours ago, The_King said:

i starting to like this IF or one meal per day (OMAD)

begin 2 day fast last meal is friday night

23/4/2021

sugar level on 24/4/2021 night is 120 mg/dL

24/4/2021  3pm 95 mg/dL

24/4/2021  11.30pm 102mg/dL

25/4/2021

25/4/2021  11.30am 95mg/dL

25/4/2021  2pm 98mg/dL

break fast at 4pm with some plain tom yum soup (invite only a handful of veggi)

25/4/2021  9.20pm 119mg/dL

i think this will end here so i roughly know my sugar level when i fast but will be testing blood for this whole day often then to once per day then slowly reduce

I stop liao!

It really reset my natural immunity system that cause my sinus to be more sensitive! :wail:

ie those symptoms that i dont usually have are added on top of those i had!

Edited by Bigbird
  • wtf 2

2 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I stop liao!

IF really reset my natural immunity system that cause my sinus to be more sensitive! :wail:

wai no choice but ti stop, but for me doing  it for health reason

next month then another 3 day fast this time, as for now 1 meal per day is my primary choice to control blood sugar

2 hours ago, The_King said:

wai no choice but ti stop, but for me doing  it for health reason

next month then another 3 day fast this time, as for now 1 meal per day is my primary choice to control blood sugar

JIah You!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, chamfer said:

Tried using it a few times but sometimes anxiety just take control of me.

Have u got to the root of your anxiety attacks? 

Quite often its said to be psychological.

But sometimes, respiratory/allergy/migraine issues cold be the underlining root cause/triggers.

Edited by Bigbird