Around 200,000 Hong Kong citizens set to move to UK after citizenship offer, Foreign Office says

The_King

Roughly 200,000 Hong Kong citizens are set to move to the UK after Boris Johnson offered them a route to citizenship, according to Foreign Office estimates.

The Prime Minister unveiled the measures, for which three million residents Hong Kong are eligible, after China brought in a draconian security law in Hong Kong.

The law makes it easier to punish protesters and reduces Hong Kong's autonomy.

The Foreign Office has a working estimate that 200,000 people in Hong Kong are likely to take up the British Government’s offer and move to the UK.

One source told the Financial Times that the exact number was in a state of "flux", with an average of 180,000 expected. Another said the department predicted that more than 200,000 would move....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/13/around-200000-hong-kong-citizens-set-move-uk-citizenship-offer/

25 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

i rather take them than fake african asylum seekers.

nothing racist, just economics.

Yup... Taking in HK is safer... Those who left likely educated and least likely to be cmi refugees... 

10 hours ago, XianGe said:

Yup... Taking in HK is safer... Those who left likely educated and least likely to be cmi refugees... 

having these highly educated immigrants will be an immediate boast to the economy without wasting time to resettle and finding employment for them.

most of the african asylum seekers r fake since they use a whole range of reasons, ranging from being prosecuted due to being gay to being abused by her husband.

even those who claim on political grounds r hard to verify.

thats why merkel is stupid and idiot to allow in those refugees.

in the case of vietnam boat people, it was quite easily verifiable since the american kept a file on any south vietnamese who have dealings with them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

having these highly educated immigrants will be an immediate boast to the economy without wasting time to resettle and finding employment for them.

most of the african asylum seekers r fake since they use a whole range of reasons, ranging from being prosecuted due to being gay to being abused by her husband.

even those who claim on political grounds r hard to verify.

thats why merkel is stupid and idiot to allow in those refugees.

in the case of vietnam boat people, it was quite easily verifiable since the american kept a file on any south vietnamese who have dealings with them.

should come here.  we need them

• Wahaha 1

1 hour ago, The_King said:

should come here.  we need them

20 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Yes, more hkonger r here... But if choose between less stressful amdk country and another small sexpensive country I will pick uk

i take bangkok.

cheap food and city lifestyle.

can go my favorite la belle and visit sakti uncle @Yamato .

tiagong uncle yamato is vip member of the pimp bangkok.

• Wahaha 1

45 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Yes, more hkonger r here... But if choose between less stressful amdk country and another small sexpensive country I will pick uk

uk, those immigrants  are giving uk lot of problem due to their believe and culture 

45 minutes ago, The_King said:

uk, those immigrants  are giving uk lot of problem due to their believe and culture 

Who ask them open leg and allow any Tom dick Harry in... They could've only allow those who can contribute or filthy rich

3 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Who ask them open leg and allow any Tom dick Harry in... They could've only allow those who can contribute or filthy rich

those hk go uk sure regret, they should go to other country that dont let any Tom dick Harry in. 

15 minutes ago, Yamato said:

PLEASE DON"T COME BANGKOK!

This is a very dirty city, full of corruption, full of vices, dangerous place, traffic jam nothing move here, please sinkies please don't come tolong tolong 🙏🙏🙏

Tink gotch many other country ppl also eyeing bkk

• Wahaha 2

25 minutes ago, Yamato said:

This is a very dirty city, full of corruption, full of vices, dangerous place, traffic jam nothing move here, please sinkies please don't come tolong tolong 🙏🙏🙏

Why you still doing there

• Wahaha 1

Looks like massive brain drain

if UK 200K

Aus 100K

Sinkie 10K

MY 10K

US 10K

Canada 100K

soon HK will be a giant hospice

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

3 hours ago, XianGe said:

Tink gotch many other country ppl also eyeing bkk

when i grow up, i want to be as sakti as this bkk uncle, kym?????

What is a Soapy massage ? – UDON A2Z INFORMATION

• Wahaha 3