About 50 people evacuated after fire breaks out in Bedok flat: originated from the battery pack of a power-assisted bicycle

The_King

SINGAPORE: About 50 people were evacuated from a Housing and Development Board (HDB) block in Bedok after a fire broke out in a flat on Sunday (Oct 23) morning.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to a fire in a second floor unit of Block 108 Bedok North Road at about 11.35am.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was raging inside the unit, and involved the contents of a bedroom. The blaze was extinguished by the firefighters and no occupants were found inside the flat.

A person who evacuated from the affected unit before SCDF's arrival was assessed for smoke inhalation and taken to Singapore General Hospital. 

Another person from a neighbouring unit was also assessed for smoke inhalation but did not want to be taken to hospital, SCDF said in a Facebook post.

312803021_489040663270274_91191124025404 Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) firefighters use a thermal imager to detect hot spots and apply water to bring down the temperature after a fire in a flat at Block 108 Bedok North Road on Oct 23, 2022. (Photo: Facebook/SCDF)

The police evacuated about 50 residents from the third to sixth floors of the block as a precautionary measure.

A preliminary investigation indicated that the fire had likely originated from the battery pack of a power-assisted bicycle (PAB) in the affected bedroom, said SCDF.

It warned against charging PAB batteries for extended periods of time or overnight, adding that people should not buy or use non-original batteries.

Source: CNA/mi(kg)
  • Wahaha 1

10 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Why they no ban all these battery bike/scooter. 

Just allow normal bicycles with registered users tied to bicycle number. Can also earn insurance & registeration fees plus summons or traffic fines too. Me kgb also can think this idea

Because most of the users of these vehicles are grab food riders, a lot of them are older folks or folks with disabilities. You ban these vehicles and suddenly you will have a huge pool of people out of work, the uproar would be really amazing.

• Wahaha 2

images.jpeg.956a9591793765da5b4865e1c832671b.jpeg

12 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Well if users are those elderly or with disability then they can use electric bike or scooter.

My side is always all those si ginnas and ah bengs grab riders using these e-bike/scooter riding on footpath.

Just start an internet meme, all those si ginnas who ride e-bike/scooter is because 肾亏, 30 sec in bed.

Guarantee you see 99% of those e-bike shop close down after a month. 

• Wahaha 2

53 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Why they no ban all these battery bike/scooter. 

Just allow normal bicycles with registered users tied to bicycle number. Can also earn insurance & registeration fees plus summons or traffic fines too. Me kgb also can think this idea

38 minutes ago, Huat Zai said:

Because most of the users of these vehicles are grab food riders, a lot of them are older folks or folks with disabilities. You ban these vehicles and suddenly you will have a huge pool of people out of work, the uproar would be really amazing.

u all pappy serfs really kumgong until bo hope liao.

ban lai ban qu, but where's the money?????

shld learn from the tiongs.

limpeh's atb friend just told limpeh that tiongland's local zheng hus r going to implement licensing scheme for all electric bikes/scooters in the name of safety next yr nationwide liao after testing the scheme in several coastal cities during 2020.

start from simple simple licensing and then move in to slowly squeeze u pappy serfs dry by introducing more 'administrative' and 'safety' 'measures' like what tiongland's local zheng hus will be doing in the next 5yrs.

this one also need limpeh to enlighten u all pappy serfs.

song bo, pappy serfs???????

wahahahahahaha

this site will teach pappy masters how tiongland shenzhen zheng hu squeeze their serfs in applying for plate licence.

https://sz.dushiquan.net/sz/jt/20220811/4292.html

在深圳如何给电动自行车上牌?手把手教你如何操作方法步骤

深圳启动电动自行车登记上牌:先预约登记后验车上牌

• Wahaha 2

39 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

u all pappy serfs really kumgong until bo hope liao.

ban lai ban qu, but where's the money?????

shld learn from the tiongs.

limpeh's atb friend just told limpeh that tiongland's local zheng hus r going to implement licensing scheme for all electric bikes/scooters in the name of safety next yr nationwide liao after testing the scheme in several coastal cities during 2020.

start from simple simple licensing and then move in to slowly squeeze u pappy serfs dry by introducing more 'administrative' and 'safety' 'measures' like what tiongland's local zheng hus will be doing in the next 5yrs.

this one also need limpeh to enlighten u all pappy serfs.

song bo, pappy serfs???????

wahahahahahaha

this site will teach pappy masters how tiongland shenzhen zheng hu squeeze their serfs in applying for plate licence.

https://sz.dushiquan.net/sz/jt/20220811/4292.html

在深圳如何给电动自行车上牌?手把手教你如何操作方法步骤

深圳启动电动自行车登记上牌:先预约登记后验车上牌

Me no study, you no cheat me

All I know is

index.jpg

• Wahaha 2

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

Well if users are those elderly or with disability then they can use electric bike or scooter.

My side is always all those si ginnas and ah bengs grab riders using these e-bike/scooter riding on footpath.

And somehow the si ginnas bodaiji..  

• Wahaha 2

9 hours ago, XianGe said:

And somehow the si ginnas bodaiji..  

My nearby mall on and off will have a bunch of certis police stationing at the junction to catch illegal scooters or ebike riding on footpath.

But always those bunch of ebike/scooters all disappear like magic. 

• Wahaha 1

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

My nearby mall on and off will have a bunch of certis police stationing at the junction to catch illegal scooters or ebike riding on footpath.

They prob hab ppl tip them off... + They come out when the officers knock off

• Wahaha 2

2 hours ago, chamfer said:

47 minutes ago, XianGe said:

They prob hab ppl tip them off... + They come out when the officers knock off

u all pappy serfs jin kumgong.

once zheng hu implements limpeh's registration idea and use cameras to take their pictures, u think they can run away meh???????

wahahahahahahahahaha

深圳电动车登记上牌流程全攻略-交通_深圳本地宝

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chamfer said:

Once i overheard them saying that they knew of certis police at the area thru whasapp/telegram groups.

thats why limpeh's licensing scheme will solve all the problems.

song bo, pappy serfs??????

limpeh now can upgrade to pappyland manager liao!!!!!!!!

wahahahahahahahhahaha

limpeh's next step is..................

终于!深圳电动车登记上牌开始啦!附入口及流程! - 知乎

• Like 1

All these PAB/ebikes causing so many collateral damage to those around them.  

Should make these RAB owners buy insurance, so others can make claims for loses!  

Poopies also dont want to mandate more, due to their own ignorance when allowing these ebikes to roam.  Afraid of back paddling and lose face!   :hehe:

• Wahaha 2