How i discovered kidney stone and Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) option to remove it

The_King

Wow you can grow a kidney stone this big without feeling any pain meh??

I had 2 in the past (both not more than 1 cm) and the pain was freaking excruciating. 

• wtf 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

1 hour ago, Cynical Ape said:

Wow you can grow a kidney stone this big without feeling any pain meh??

I had 2 in the past (both not more than 1 cm) and the pain was freaking excruciating. 

No pain at all.

If got pain better, no pain it destroys your kidneys you also don't know

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_King said:

No pain at all.

If got pain better, no pain it destroys your kidneys you also don't know

Kidneys are vital organs too, please take care of them and try not to fuck it up again.

And yes you must be more careful with your diet now, best is to cut down on sodium rich foods. 

Edited by Cynical Ape
  • Like 3

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

On 1/28/2021 at 1:36 AM, The_King said:

no idea, need to wait till next apt in 4 week time

hopefully i still got 40% function . but now i trying to lose weight, low sodium  and less fried stuff

The stent removed already?

Dont worry too much liao! Just enjoy your recovery & pre- retirement!   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The_King said:

yes, he stay the kidney is swollen  so need more time inside to help urine flow out until it healed

If your ureter is healthy, it should not impede the delivery of urine from kidney!

Did he say anything about any Ureter Stricture?

The reason is any foreign object ie stent in your body are prone to infection!  The longer inside the higher the chance of infection! Unless its really necessary, Dr wont leave any foreign  object in ones body longer then necessary!

3 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

If your ureter is healthy, it should not impede the delivery of urine from kidney!

Did he say anything about any Ureter Stricture?

The reason is any foreign object ie stent in your body are prone to infection!  The longer inside the higher the chance of infection! Unless its really necessary, Dr wont leave any foreign  object in ones body longer then necessary!

yes, i think he say the Ureter Stricture it very narrow, so it have to be inside longer so after remove it will not be as wide as before. most likely i ask him for option or what can i do in the future

• Like 1

update: 

My weight after 1 week later from 88 to 86kg now is around 84.8 to 86.5kg. i guess due to body stabilising and my change of diet of less fried food, low salt food and drinking H2O or true lemon 

after the remove of catheter. your badder will be very weak, in my case my badder gain control on the 3rd day and after  few more days pass, it become back to normal

so i have to cover my kkj with paper so it will not leak all over my short
IMG-20210119-025333.jpg
IMG-20210119-025328.jpg

urine was super red and this picture is on the 3rd days

IMG-20210118-214029.jpg
IMG-20210118-214037.jpg

this pictures show on the 4th day it got better and by 5th day the colour back to normal
IMG-20210119-211457.jpg

due to the amount of blood i lost, i got low blood pressure. today i tested 2 hr ago, it was sys 102 / dia 62 /  pusle 92

IMG-20210119-171546.jpg
IMG-20210119-171451.jpg

me using Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
IMG-20210119-171559.jpg

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, The_King said:

yes, i think he say the Ureter Stricture it very narrow, so it have to be inside longer so after remove it will not be as wide as before. most likely i ask him for option or what can i do in the future

That's was what i suspected!!

My deduction is that your KS has caused severe blockage for a long period thus also causing secondary ureter scaring > Stricture!

This explains the stent longer 6 weeks requirement!

Just make sure you look out for signs of UT infection!  eg fever, higher BP, etc! 

Did Dr prescribe any antibiotics?

How's your existing daily BP now?  1 wk liao right? 

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

My deduction is that your KS has caused severe blockage for a long period thus also causing secondary ureter scaring > Stricture!

Just make sure you look out for signs of UT infection!  eg fever, higher BP, etc! 

any idea how long is long period? 

yes antibiotics for 5 days.  my BP now always in normal range

18 minutes ago, The_King said:

any idea how long is long period? 

yes antibiotics for 5 days.  my BP now always in normal range

Those i know who had their KS removed ~ 5-14days!

Nephrologist usually dont leave foreign objects in the body longer then necessary!  Unless there's a good reason, like your case!

Just drink more H2O and eat healthy for the time being!

Just monitor your urine outflow!  Watch out for Potential UTI!

If u feel unwell and have fever, low BP.  Go back to Dr & tell him! 

Dont worry too much, everything will be OK!  

Ps sorry if i made u kan chiong spider for nothing!

Edited by Bigbird
  • Thanks 1

update 2:

My weight after 1 week later from 88 to 86kg now is around 84.8 to 86.5kg. i guess due to body stabilising and my change of diet of less fried food, low salt food and drinking H2O or true lemon . now my family complain why i eat so much veggi (2 to 2.5 serving or half a plate) and why i always eat veggi and at dinner 2 or 3 pcs of chop small meat.

KNN last time eat meat complain now i eat no salt added or sometime a little pink salt/ seasoning added home cook veggi also complain. 

here my latest bill. Me  using my own money to pay 1.6k from cpf

IMG-20210131-164930.jpg

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

update:

by the time i knew it the whole thing is block and my stone is 1 very dense 1pcs of 2 cm stone.  the pictures is after it broken up during pcnl. as the stone is very dense, doc say  extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy cant work as it too far and too dense, so i was given 2 options Ureteroscopy and Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (pncl). so i choose the pncl as it the fastest.

here the stone location, it the pictures on the right

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl4qh2qZy7bRSkUiLQXL-

the pncl took 3.5hr operation + 1.5hr recovery room. i remember i am outside the theatre at around 10 to 10.30 and by the time i fully awake up it was 3 to 3.30 while. before that i was in and out of consciousness which i dont remember much

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The_King said:

update 2:

My weight after 1 week later from 88 to 86kg now is around 84.8 to 86.5kg. i guess due to body stabilising and my change of diet of less fried food, low salt food and drinking H2O or true lemon . now my family complain why i eat so much veggi (2 to 2.5 serving or half a plate) and why i always eat veggi and at dinner 2 or 3 pcs of chop small meat.

KNN last time eat meat complain now i eat no salt added or sometime a little pink salt/ seasoning added home cook veggi also complain. 

here my latest bill. Me  using my own money to pay 1.6k from cpf

IMG-20210131-164930.jpg

now go on low or no salt diet for the next 2 mths along with light walking to build up strenght.

after 3-4 mths of rest and recuperation, continue with brisk walking of at least 3km per day to maintain weight.

then see when body fully recovered, can start doing light exercise progressing to hiit to lose weight when body reach a minimum stamina.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

now go on low or no salt diet for the next 2 mths along with light walking to build up strenght.

after 3-4 mths of rest and recuperation, continue with brisk walking of at least 3km per day to maintain weight.

then see when body fully recovered, can start doing light exercise progressing to hiit to lose weight when body reach a minimum stamina.

now family complain my food no salt, and i walk too much but i dont care them, if they add too much salt i dont eat, and still now slowly go out walk walk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bigbird said:

do all those with ureter Stricture need surgery?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_King said:

now family complain my food no salt, and i walk too much but i dont care them, if they add too much salt i dont eat, and still now slowly go out walk walk

Try explain to them! If cant understand then u cook your own meals loh! Let them eat what they like!

I also like that! Dont like go and get your own food then! Then onwards they compromise!

You will be surprise when u do "Low salt low sugar" diet!  Your palate will reset!

After that all your cooking u dont need so much salt & sugar liao!  U find eat outside everything is very salty!

1 hour ago, The_King said:

do all those with ureter Stricture need surgery?

That depends on what circumstances, it happens.    Its impossible to give a rightout answer without any case notes! 

Speak to your Dr! 

Try not to stress your kidney with acidic liquids too soon!As we dont know the condition & extend of your injured kidney now.  STick with water and nurse it back with patients!

Also if u exercise, u need more water as u perspire when u work out.  But dont do water parade style, slowly mouthful and later another!  

Take it slow and steady.  Everything will be OK!!

P.s. i think i passed out a small stone last night! I think this time is from my right kidney! :p

Edited by Bigbird
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Try explain to them! If cant understand then u cook your own meals loh! Let them eat what they like!

I also like that! Dont like go and get your own food then! Then onwards they compromise!

You will be surprise when u do "Low salt low sugar" diet!  Your palate will reset!

After that all your cooking u dont need so much salt & sugar liao!  U find eat outside everything is very salty!

That depends on what circumstances, it happens.    Its impossible to give a rightout answer without any case notes! 

Speak to your Dr! 

Try not to stress your kidney with acidic liquids too soon!As we dont know the condition & extend of your injured kidney now.  STick with water and nurse it back with patients!

Also if u exercise, u need more water as u perspire when u work out.  But dont do water parade style, slowly mouthful and later another!  

Take it slow and steady.  Everything will be OK!!

P.s. i think i passed out a small stone last night! I think this time is from my right kidney! :p

thanks, i ask him more when i see him on 23 feb.

now outside food, like i can eat nothing but i go out i tend to eat soupy dish but dont drink the soup if  i do it a few tablespoon

Edited by The_King