[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

7 hours ago, coffeenut said:

Woy Hodgson & Unai Emery the better decisions of the late management switch.

Hope a lot of deadwood cleared out by many many teams that are in the EPL and even the few relegated ones 

Gud ebening has done well... AV cmi during steben jialat era

Edited by XianGe
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Gud ebening has done well... AV cmi during steben jialat era

Yeah, that generation of English players have made terribad coaches - should have invested in real estate & just relaxed 

• Steven Gerrard
  • Frank Lampard
  • Gary Neville
  • Phil Neville
  • Paul Scholes
  • Nicky Butt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

Yeah, that generation of English players have made terribad coaches - should have invested in real estate & just relaxed 

• Steven Gerrard
  • Frank Lampard
  • Gary Neville
  • Phil Neville
  • Paul Scholes
  • Nicky Butt

For Gerrard’s case, he is too old school and try to be a bit like Houllier, meaning he chose selected players to show love n ignore those he didnt like. 
he has a lot to learn about modern management. 

Lampard is the worst. Then again all those manure fools didnt manage enough esp G Neville

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

Just now, ManOfTheHour said:

For Gerrard’s case, he is too old school and try to be a bit like Houllier, meaning he chose selected players to show love n ignore those he didnt like. 
he has a lot to learn about modern management. 

Lampard is the worst. Then again all those manure fools didnt manage enough esp G Neville

Ex ManU ones were so bad that they and everyone else who were willing to take a punt and employ them realised quite quickly that they were bad. Good thing is they haven't tried to get back into management :haha:

• Wahaha 1

53 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Sp*rs will temp the manyzer next season after chopping off the next one... 

Spurs I still cannot understand how they managed to not get the London Olympic stadium as their home base, instead it go to piddly widdly West Ham :haha:

• wtf 1

5 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Did location have any influence?

Nope ..

I think Spurs bid promised to pay more etc, but they insisted on removing the running track permanently from the Olympics to accommodate more seats and stuff. And would have allowed the stadium to be used for other events by the City of London.

West Ham bid was much less but they said athletic track would not be removed, and could be used as multipurose stadium - but they would cover the track with seating for football games. Usually, that is in place for most of the season haha. I think only once or twice since the Olympics, they have removed the seating area to re-lay the running turf and use for athletics (funded again by UK Government sports bodies) :haha: And also hosted some concerts and "American Football" NFL matches 

Spurs should have gone in hard and got themselves the stadium and saved themselves the headache of debt for new stadium building that led to Poch leaving in the first place

• Like 1

I forgot Man U "sale" still in progress .. waiting for that saga to play out lol

In Spain, I hope Valencia lose a lot of $$ and Peter Lim and his biz gg.com

Same for these Asian controlled clubs like Cardiff, Leicester, Wolves .. 

PSG maybe flex muscle rebuild - but IDK they are going to get Zidane or Mourinho to manage the club :haha:

• wtf 1

27 minutes ago, coffeenut said:

I forgot Man U "sale" still in progress .. waiting for that saga to play out lol

In Spain, I hope Valencia lose a lot of $$ and Peter Lim and his biz gg.com

Same for these Asian controlled clubs like Cardiff, Leicester, Wolves .. 

PSG maybe flex muscle rebuild - but IDK they are going to get Zidane or Mourinho to manage the club :haha:

Looks like Glazers will still own 50% 😆

• Sad 1

IMG-7224.jpg

9 hours ago, coffeenut said:

Spurs I still cannot understand how they managed to not get the London Olympic stadium as their home base, instead it go to piddly widdly West Ham :haha:

Olympic stadium is leased right? Maybe they wan full ownership 

9 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Olympic stadium is leased right? Maybe they wan full ownership 

Yea, I think a 100 yr lease at around 3 million pounds/year. Plus city/council funded policing and shared maintenance; profits go to WHU of course :haha:

• Like 1