No plans for mandatory COVID vaccinations in Singapore: MOH official

The_King

SINGAPORE — There are no plans to make COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines used in Singapore have not been fully registered, said a senior Ministry of Health (MOH) official on Friday (24 September).

Three mRNA vaccines made by the companies have been granted interim authorisation under the pandemic special access route in Singapore and are used in the city-state's national vaccination drive. 

The companies have not submitted applications to the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) for full registration, said the MOH’s director of medical services Kenneth Mak during a virtual media conference by the multi-ministry COVID-19 taskforce.

"We look forward to that data being submitted in the near future. And once that data has been reviewed by the HSA, and if the HSA thinks the data is more robust enough to allow for that full registration to take place, that gives us greater confidence knowing that we can then use both mRNA vaccines across different settings," said Associate Professor Mak.

Reuters had earlier on Friday reported that Pfizer is discussing with the HSA regarding its full license application for its COVID-19 vaccine.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted full approval to the Pfizer vaccine last month, and on Wednesday authorised its booster dose for those 65 and older, people at high risk of severe disease, and others who are regularly exposed to the virus.

Moderna's application for full approval by the FDA for its vaccine remains under review

To date, 82 per cent of the population in Singapore have completed their full regimen, or received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 84 per cent have received at least one dose.

Singapore's booster vaccine programme began last week for those aged 60 and above who had completed their vaccination regimen at least six months ago. Almost 91,500 seniors have received their booster dose as of Thursday.

On Friday, authorities announced those aged 50 to 59 who are eligible will be progressively invited from 4 October to receive their booster dose. 

Under the booster programme, those who have been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine can opt to take a booster shot of the Moderna vaccine, and vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

But they are still delusional that the vaccine is the answer

i always believe this whole world need a reset as they are so embroiled in their greed for wealth that will do the unthinkable. Companies that brag about ethics are a joke when they enforce vaccine just to please the G in order to make money

there are companies in the US that are fighting sleepy Joe

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

10 hours ago, The_King said:

There are no plans to make COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines used in Singapore have not been fully registered, said a senior Ministry of Health (MOH) official on Friday (24 September).

Means when full registered then make them mandatory

• Wahaha 1

jin kumgong

if 80+% of adults fully vaxxed but still cannot control surges alrdy means that vaccination is only questionably short-term effective liao.

i use my pigu think last yr alrdy warn that the effectiveness of the vaccines r highly questionable liao based on partially available data but still many kgks still dont believe.

now still got smlj experts say must have mandatory vaccination is alrdy signs of desperation on the part of zheng hu and the Great Leader liao.

really think whole world bo pass statistics 101.

limpeh me pass my statistics 101 with distinction, ok?????

limpeh me also pass statistics 302 with distinction.

wahahahahhahahah

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/calls-grow-among-experts-singapore-vaccine-mandate-covid-19-spikes-2021-09-21/

Calls grow among experts in Singapore for a vaccine mandate as COVID-19 spikes

• Wahaha 1

13 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

jin kumgong

if 80+% of adults fully vaxxed but still cannot control surges alrdy means that vaccination is only questionably short-term effective liao.

i use my pigu think last yr alrdy warn that the effectiveness of the vaccines r highly questionable liao based on partially available data but still many kgks still dont believe.

now still got smlj experts say must have mandatory vaccination is alrdy signs of desperation on the part of zheng hu and the Great Leader liao.

really think whole world bo pass statistics 101.

limpeh me pass my statistics 101 with distinction, ok?????

limpeh me also pass statistics 302 with distinction.

wahahahahhahahah

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/calls-grow-among-experts-singapore-vaccine-mandate-covid-19-spikes-2021-09-21/

Calls grow among experts in Singapore for a vaccine mandate as COVID-19 spikes

they keep harping on and on about vaccines but disregard (dirt cheap) drugs for home use. 

• Like 3

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

80+% and it still surge

at 100% will mtf hara kiri if it still surge

for sure it is no

they will insist 100% boost

and then lore boost

at some point we are either dead or the pro vaxxers are

reset is good

• Like 2

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

41 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

they keep harping on and on about vaccines but disregard (dirt cheap) drugs for home use. 

thats why limpeh me encourage everyone to read either bmj or cdc weekly mortality report.

abit difficult to read but give more useful info than zheng hu's propaganda.

btw, limpeh me only started reading them last nov out of statistical curiosity.

wahahahahahaha

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Satki said:

80+% and it still surge

at 100% will mtf hara kiri if it still surge

for sure it is no

they will insist 100% boost

and then lore boost

at some point we are either dead or the pro vaxxers are

reset is good

u think the Great Leeder and his clowns have the mental capacity to understand the implications?????

the data that the pharmas r using to justify the roll-outs r only ard 6-12mths, too short a time to really weed out all the technical problems.

even better r that the pharmas r using low experimental event rate, without regard to severity of illness, to obtain the high efficacies.

so from a statistical pov, the effectiveness and usefulness of the vaccines r seriously questionable.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4058

• Like 1