[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal forward Diogo Jota from Wolves in a £41m deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Premier League champions.

"It's just a really exciting moment for me and my family," said Jota.

The move represents a net outlay of about £30m for Liverpool, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

Liverpool have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer taking Dutch player Hoever to Molineux.

"When you look at the Premier League, you always see Liverpool as one of the biggest teams in the country, so it's impossible to say no," said Jota.

"I think I am a team player. I play up front and my job is to find a way to score goals and to provide assists and that's what they can expect from me - that I will always do my best.

"I will always try to help the team in the best way possible."

Jota's move follows the Anfield club's £20m capture of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich on Friday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal forward Diogo Jota from Wolves in a £41m deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Premier League champions.

"It's just a really exciting moment for me and my family," said Jota.

The move represents a net outlay of about £30m for Liverpool, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

Liverpool have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer taking Dutch player Hoever to Molineux.

"When you look at the Premier League, you always see Liverpool as one of the biggest teams in the country, so it's impossible to say no," said Jota.

"I think I am a team player. I play up front and my job is to find a way to score goals and to provide assists and that's what they can expect from me - that I will always do my best.

"I will always try to help the team in the best way possible."

Jota's move follows the Anfield club's £20m capture of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich on Friday.

Wow didn't sexpect pool to continue invest after winning ucl + epl... 

Tottenham have re-signed Wales forward Gareth Bale from Spanish champions Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

Bale, 31, left Spurs for a then world record £85m in 2013 and went on to score more than 100 goals and win four Champions Leagues with Real.

He originally joined Tottenham as a 17-year-old from Southampton in 2007 for an initial payment of £5m.

Bale has also won two La Liga titles, one Copa del Rey, three Uefa Super Cups and three Club World Cups with Real.

He remains the most expensive British player in history, as well as the top-scoring British player in La Liga - with 80 goals and 40 assists in 171 league appearances, averaging a goal or assist every 104 minutes.

However, a run of injuries, indifferent form and a deteriorating relationship with manager Zinedine Zidane had seen Bale become a marginal figure.

Bale joins manager Jose Mourinho's other signings of this transfer window, joining goalkeeper Joe Hart, defender Matt Doherty, midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and left-back Sergio Reguilon at the club.

Tottenham, Champions League finalists in 2019, were beaten 1-0 at home by Everton in their first match of the 2020-21 campaign on Sunday.

They finished sixth in the English top flight last season to qualify for the Europa League, seven points adrift of Chelsea in the final Champions League position.

27 minutes ago, Homelander said:

yeah i feel mane will get it but still at most concede a goal, can fight back...kana red card is overload on the remaining 10 man...plus kepa ki siao...gg

Chelsea new GK should be the new number 1. If they find a buyer, Kepa will cause huge loss. Ridiculous price tag to begin with

G0X0jDd.jpeg