[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

14 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Probably Wahlstedt  best game in a Rovers shirt , he will be a way better keeper than Pears in the long run.

Came across this interesting interview of my favourite Rovers manager Mark Hughes

He was doing well with us. Got us to europe and semi finals of cup competitions

I also appreciate Souness who won us the league cup. Not easy when your club doesn’t win trophies much (see Newcastle). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Homelander said:

I also appreciate Souness who won us the league cup. Not easy when your club doesn’t win trophies much (see Newcastle). 

Both left for bigger clubs & in both cases didnt worked out in the end. I see JDT following their footsteps in a few years time

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Really a waste when Kenny won the epl then let cmi manyzer take over.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalrover said:

Probably Wahlstedt  best game in a Rovers shirt , he will be a way better keeper than Pears in the long run.

Came across this interesting interview of my favourite Rovers manager Mark Hughes

Recently Hughes claimed that Liverpool spoke to him about replacing Hodgson. That’s how bad those times were when an ex Man Utd player was considered

• wtf 1

IMG-7224.jpg

49 minutes ago, XianGe said:

kenny has this bad habit. Even when he left Liverpool, felt sudden then they anyhow give Souness the job out of sentiment. 
i am so glad the current bosses tell Klopp off when he tries to offer dinosaurs new contracts out of sentiment too

• Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

20 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Yeah that part i cannot understand Uncle Jack’s thinking. Instead of continuing with King Kenny and building on, he gk promote him to director. 

I might be wrong but i think it was kenny’s decision. Legend but he always made selfish/stubborn decisions as a manager

IMG-7224.jpg

9 hours ago, XianGe said:

9 hours ago, Homelander said:

Yeah that part i cannot understand Uncle Jack’s thinking. Instead of continuing with King Kenny and building on, he gk promote him to director. 

Late Ray Harford was promoted from rovers coach to manager. He actually was very familiar that title winning squad. But that squad was already ageing, lack of strengthening and renewal saw a rapid decline.

9 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Recently Hughes claimed that Liverpool spoke to him about replacing Hodgson. That’s how bad those times were when an ex Man Utd player was considered

Actually ex man u player who signed for liverpool, dont seem to be much hated there. Like ince

9 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

kenny has this bad habit. Even when he left Liverpool, felt sudden then they anyhow give Souness the job out of sentiment. 
i am so glad the current bosses tell Klopp off when he tries to offer dinosaurs new contracts out of sentiment too

Souness screwed it up big time there, but he was decent at blackburn until late 2003 when he seemed to have lost the plot.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Late Ray Harford was promoted from rovers coach to manager. He actually was very familiar that title winning squad. But that squad was already ageing, lack of strengthening and renewal saw a rapid decline.

Actually ex man u player who signed for liverpool, dont seem to be much hated there. Like ince

Souness screwed it up big time there, but he was decent at blackburn until late 2003 when he seemed to have lost the plot.

They threw record signing Chris Sutton from striker to defender

• Wahaha 1

13 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Never liked Ince even though we signed him from Inter and not directly after manure. Especially making him captain the moment he joined. One of the worst Liverpool teams in history esp when Houllier took charge solo. 
coincidentally today is his death anni

the only Manure player in recent memory that Liverpool fans actually didn’t mind was Heinze. 

souness had no experience. At least won 1 FA cup

Edited by ManOfTheHour
  • Like 1

IMG-7224.jpg

9 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Never liked Ince even though we signed him from Inter and not directly after manure. Especially making him captain the moment he joined. One of the worst Liverpool teams in history esp when Houllier took charge solo. 
coincidentally today is his death anni

the only Manure player in recent memory that Liverpool fans actually didn’t mind was Heinze. 

souness had no experience. At least won 1 FA cup

Ince during that era was touted as the last missing piece of the liverpool jigsaw puzzle. Not bad player but lousy manager

7 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Then hired Hodgson and thought they had new Shearer in Kevin Davies

Hodgson actually did well in the early days as Rovers manager, but once results dont go his way,  he panicked and got no idea how to stop the rot. Ended up panicked buy a lot of poor overpriced players. Kevin Davies arrived as a record signing 7.5m, he was under a lot pressure to live up to that price tag. Obviously no where near AS, but he did ok at bolton

Edited by metalrover

1 minute ago, metalrover said:

Ince during that era was touted as the last missing piece of the liverpool jigsaw puzzle. Not bad player but lousy manager

Hodgson actually did well in the early days as Rovers manager, but once results dont go his way,  he panicked and got no idea how to stop the rot. Ended up panicked buy a lot of poor overpriced players. Kevin Davies arrived as a record signing 7.5m, he was under a lot pressure to live up to that price tag. Obviously no where near AS, but he did ok at bolton

Most Liverpool fans actually thought of him as an over the hill signing. 
in fact we more happy about signing Leonhardsen then 😂

Roy Evans had a young team then suddenly ah pek Ince joined. 

Typical Hodgson. When panic blame others too

IMG-7224.jpg

1 minute ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Most Liverpool fans actually thought of him as an over the hill signing. 
in fact we more happy about signing Leonhardsen then 😂

Roy Evans had a young team then suddenly ah pek Ince joined. 

Typical Hodgson. When panic blame others too

Oyvind Leonhardson and roy's 532 passing was a joy to watch, mcmanaman was one of best dribbers. Everytime the ball goes to him, i remembered pool fans sitting on the edge of their seats.

Hodgson rovers era, reputation was continental standard. But cmi man

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, metalrover said:

Oyvind Leonhardson and roy's 532 passing was a joy to watch, mcmanaman was one of best dribbers. Everytime the ball goes to him, i remembered pool fans sitting on the edge of their seats.

Hodgson rovers era, reputation was continental standard. But cmi man

I liked watching Rob Jones go forward. Too bad always injured like Redknapp. 

in the 90s Blackburn team i liked Wilcox, Ripley. As Liverpool fans we really thought and hoped Blackburn sure win 93/94 season after beating Manure. 
Good memories watching the games but bad memories cos Manure always won

• Like 2

IMG-7224.jpg

11 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I liked watching Rob Jones go forward. Too bad always injured like Redknapp. 

in the 90s Blackburn team i liked Wilcox, Ripley. As Liverpool fans we really thought and hoped Blackburn sure win 93/94 season after beating Manure. 
Good memories watching the games but bad memories cos Manure always won

Jones solid fullback, bjornebye was slower but his setpiece skills much better but ageing already. I remember my pool classmates always haolian to me this back five : john scales, mark wright, phil babb/ ruddock, jones, bjornebye.

I remember arguing with ppl who claimed blackburn bought the title. Wilcox was developed from the academy, mark atkins was plucked from non league Scunthorpe. Bought the title my foot.

Gone are the days of the traditional 442 wide men like ripley & wilcox. Dash to the byline and cross into the box

Edited by metalrover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, metalrover said:

Jones solid fullback, bjornebye was slower but his setpiece skills much better but ageing already. I remember my pool classmates always haolian to me this back five : john scales, mark wright, phil babb/ ruddock, jones, bjornebye.

I remember arguing with ppl who claimed blackburn bought the title. Wilcox was developed from the academy, mark atkins was plucked from non league Scunthorpe. Bought the title my foot.

Gone are the days of the traditional 442 wide men like ripley & wilcox. Dash to the byline and cross into the box

I like Mcmanaman, he lit up pool midfield and won the league cup. They have harkness for lb too. 

Only negative about Ripley was his goal scoring. Almost literally i never see him score for blackburn. Hahaha. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Will pool give chance this week to save hangten job?

Not about give chance. Liverpool have not been playing well too for some time but getting results. 
i don’t think this Sunday will be straight forward. 2-0 if Darwin learns the offside rule n more decisive 

IMG-7224.jpg

5 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Not about give chance. Liverpool have not been playing well too for some time but getting results. 
i don’t think this Sunday will be straight forward. 2-0 if Darwin learns the offside rule n more decisive 

Ya me oso tink will be low score game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Homelander said:

I like Mcmanaman, he lit up pool midfield and won the league cup. They have harkness for lb too. 

Only negative about Ripley was his goal scoring. Almost literally i never see him score for blackburn. Hahaha. 

Ripley purpose is cross for shearer... Lol

• Like 2