Will Muhyiddin claim his third scalp?

invis

• Moderators

92161bb182a188993876361d262b852f.jpg=s66

ANALYSIS | Since the onset of the political crisis, the spotlight has been on two characters – Azmin Ali and Dr Mahathir Mohamad - who were perceived as responsible for the implosion of the Pakatan Harapan government.

Azmin was accused of orchestrating the "Sheraton Move", a putsch designed to install a new government with Umno and PAS helmed by Mahathir.

Mahathir, on the other hand, was accused of reneging on his commitment to Harapan as well as his promise to pass the baton to PKR president Anwar Ibrahim and reclaim the coveted post for the third time in the past three decades.

However, the events which unfolded over the past 24 hours indicated that the person pulling the strings could be someone else - Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/512607

• Moderators

Umno and PAS back Muhyiddin for PM

Umno and PAS make U-turn on their call for snap elections, and will back Muhyiddin Yassin as a candidate for prime minister.

This was announced in a joint statement signed by the parties secretaries-general Annuar Musa and Takiyuddin Hassan.

Umno and PAS have 57 MPs in total. Together with Bersatu's 36, this means Muhyiddin has 93 lawmakers backing him.

If MCA, MIC, and PBRS also back Muhyiddin, then this brings the total to 97.

Only 92 MPs from Pakatan Harapan have been confirmed as backing Anwar Ibrahim.

Muhyiddin gets support from MCA, MIC

MCA and MIC declare support for Muhyiddin Yassin, according to a statement from coalition secretary-general Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.

MCA president Wee Ka Siong confirms this to Malaysiakini.

"Yes," he replies in brief when asked to confirm their support. He also says that MCA will be issuing a statement soon.

This now gives Muhyiddin 96 MPs.

PBRS, which is a BN component with one seat, has yet to declare its stance.

32 minutes ago, invis said:

92161bb182a188993876361d262b852f.jpg=s66

ANALYSIS | Since the onset of the political crisis, the spotlight has been on two characters – Azmin Ali and Dr Mahathir Mohamad - who were perceived as responsible for the implosion of the Pakatan Harapan government.

Azmin was accused of orchestrating the "Sheraton Move", a putsch designed to install a new government with Umno and PAS helmed by Mahathir.

Mahathir, on the other hand, was accused of reneging on his commitment to Harapan as well as his promise to pass the baton to PKR president Anwar Ibrahim and reclaim the coveted post for the third time in the past three decades.

However, the events which unfolded over the past 24 hours indicated that the person pulling the strings could be someone else - Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/512607

i m gonna paste this one in old horse's twitter.

wahahahahah

Image result for et tu brutus

Edited by socrates469bc

• Moderators

Kadir Jasin: Muhyiddin as PM candidate not Bersatu supreme council's decision

Bersatu supreme council member A Kadir Jasin in a media statement says the party's decision to name its president Muhyiddin Yassin as prime minister candidate was not done through the council.

"... This was not Bersatu's decision. The supreme council was not consulted or informed about this.

"The last stand made by the council in its meeting on Monday night was that Dr Mahathir will stay on as prime minister," says Kadir.

For the record, Kadir, who is a veteran media person, was Mahathir's media adviser.

In the statement, Kadir also takes a swipe at Umno and PAS which earlier today stated their support for Muhyiddin to be the eighth premier.

"Unlike Dr Mahathir, who is only ready to accept Umno members in their individual capacity, Muhyiddin is willing to take them en bloc," Kadir says.

He says Mahathir has repeatedly warned the Bersatu supreme council that Umno is "desperate" to form a coalition government with them because criminal trials against Umno leaders are nearing their end. 

Kadir tells Malaysiakini the council did not even know the party has new MPs.

He is referring to the addition of 10 more MPs led by former PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali.

Another Bersatu supreme council member, Rais Hussin, says the council did not have any meeting since Monday.

He informs Malaysiakini the council members only knew about the naming of Muhyiddin as a PM candidate through the party's press statement.

Rais agrees with Muhyiddin being selected by Bersatu to be their PM candidate.

"I agree with the announcement of Muhyiddin Yassin. He is capable, he has the right experience and everything.

"He has to go through the right process - that he needs to command - in the mind of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, the majority support from MPs.

"I think that is what he will probably do and then we take it from there."

Rais also believes Mahathir endorses Muhyiddin as PM candidate. 

• Wahaha 1

• Moderators

Redzuan refutes Kadir Jasin, says Muhyiddin has solid support

Bersatu supreme council member Redzuan Yusof refutes A Kadir Jasin's earlier statement claiming that the party's decision to name its president Muhyiddin Yassin as a prime minister candidate is not a solid decision.

Redzuan says Muhyiddin has solid support from Bersatu leaders.

"I don't know about that... That is his opinion. From what we saw today, Muhyiddin has solid support.

"If Kadir says he (Muhyiddin) did not get solid support, we had a meeting this morning and a statement has been issued by the party secretary-general.

"If the number is not solid, I do not know how more solid it can be," he says.

Redzuan also tells reporters that it is time for the country to move forward.

"... I think we have some positive outcome of whatever we see today, and, hopefully, we can get back to strengthening the nation towards prosperity," says Redzuan.

Asked on speculations that the Bersatu meeting outcome sacrificed Dr Mahathir's principle not to work with Umno, Redzuan says that it is a matter of perception.

"This is perception. We cannot say that people in a group as evil, robbers and thieves.

"We have laws to deal with it. So we are not sacrificing the principle.

"The principle is the same as what we had taken before in Pakatan Harapan," he says.

• Wahaha 1

everyone has their calculations.

jasin and many bersatu members r also considering their political future as well since they know they will most likely be voted out in the next election if they decide to throw their lots in with ah din.

thats why many bersatu prominent members r keeping relatively quiet as they figure out their best exit strategy.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

everyone has their calculations.

jasin and many bersatu members r also considering their political future as well since they know they will most likely be voted out in the next election if they decide to throw their lots in with ah din.

thats why many bersatu prominent members r keeping relatively quiet as they figure out their best exit strategy.

considering the system of  Malaysia where 1 can be in the government and then the opposition the very next minute, I wouldn't even be shocked to see Najib fighting for the next election under PKR.

• Wahaha 2

Just now, invis said:

considering the system of  Malaysia where 1 can be in the government and then the opposition the very next minute, I wouldn't even be shocked to see Najib fighting for the next election under PKR.

jib kor too poisonous but i wouldnt be surprised if old horse's son decide to go under pkr since he knows he will most likely be steamrolled once his laopeh is gone.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, socrates469bc said:

jib kor too poisonous but i wouldnt be surprised if old horse's son decide to go under pkr since he knows he will most likely be steamrolled once his laopeh is gone.

mm is paving the way for junior mm, just find the right person as gct. Anwar dun seem interested warming the chair, Azmin would bend over again to do it. 

• Wahaha 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

like i said from the start, everything depends on the borneans.

if they declare for pakatan, the minority govt will be stable as pakatan will most likely agree to any reasonable demands from them.

if for ah din, malaysia will be gone for the next 3 yrs.

4 hours ago, Satki said:

Muhyiddin this time outplayed. Maybe political career habis.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, socrates469bc said:

the monarch has the last say.

but the borneans still havent declare, so ah din is still in limbo.

now have to wait for parliament convene later in mar to count the number.

old horse really play himself and the whole bolehsia into a corner.

Tiagong GPS join muhyiddin

https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/223689

1 minute ago, invis said:

Tiagong GPS join muhyiddin

https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/223689

within the sarawakians, they r still divided since they havent declare.

bersatu itself is also split but ah din can be sure of support from ex-umno mps.

despite appointment, whether he can survive a motion of confidence in the next sitting of parliament is another question. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

the sarawakians just declare confidence and supply to ah din.

only +1 majority for now, so very unstable govt.

situation will still be in flux now since there is a week to the parliament sitting.

I wonder how long will Din be as the PM

1 minute ago, invis said:

I wonder how long will Din be as the PM

good question.

until now ah din still havent officially declare the number of seats he has with names mean everything is still in flux and many bersatu and sarawakian mps r still wavering.

on the other hand, pakatan just announced they have 114 seats with names and hinted at more to come.

if that is true, the pakatan and their allies will have to meet the monarch tomorrow and prove the number.

i m sure the chief justice has advised the monarch on his constitutional rites as head of state to avoid any issues.

• Moderators

Dr M publishes list of 114 MPs, hopes Agong will accept

Dr Mahathir Mohamad has published the list of 114 MPs backing him.

This includes six Bersatu MPs namely himself, Jerlun MP Mukhriz Mahathir, Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman (Muar), Maszlee Malik (Simpang Renggam), Eddin Syazlee Shith (Kuala Pilah), and Amiruddin Hamzah (Kubang Pasu).

He says with these six, the number of Bersatu MPs presented to the King supporting Muhyiddin Yassin is not accurate.

"I hope the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong will accept my letter (with the 114 names) and explanation," Mahathir says.

Others on the list are Keningau MP Jeffrey Kitingan and Richard Riot (Serian) who are listed under PKR, Gabungan Bersatu Sabah's Maximus Ongkili (Kota Marudu), independents Baru Bian (Selangau), Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal (Bukit Gantang), and Masir Kujat (Sri Aman).

The full list is as follows.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/131BjesgYmZ1dqQnkOuKLyPeq00LSZq03/view

4 minutes ago, invis said:

Dr M publishes list of 114 MPs, hopes Agong will accept

Dr Mahathir Mohamad has published the list of 114 MPs backing him.

This includes six Bersatu MPs namely himself, Jerlun MP Mukhriz Mahathir, Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman (Muar), Maszlee Malik (Simpang Renggam), Eddin Syazlee Shith (Kuala Pilah), and Amiruddin Hamzah (Kubang Pasu).

He says with these six, the number of Bersatu MPs presented to the King supporting Muhyiddin Yassin is not accurate.

"I hope the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong will accept my letter (with the 114 names) and explanation," Mahathir says.

Others on the list are Keningau MP Jeffrey Kitingan and Richard Riot (Serian) who are listed under PKR, Gabungan Bersatu Sabah's Maximus Ongkili (Kota Marudu), independents Baru Bian (Selangau), Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal (Bukit Gantang), and Masir Kujat (Sri Aman).

The full list is as follows.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/131BjesgYmZ1dqQnkOuKLyPeq00LSZq03/view

that means more drama for tomorrow.

the monarch jin headache becos of all these flip flopping from first day of interview.