Will Muhyiddin claim his third scalp?

invis

• Moderators

Bukit Gantang MP and Sri Aman MP deny supporting Mahathir

e948737c1806cf291728848c5d0b13e0.png=s66

Bukit Gantang MP Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal has denied supporting Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

"I deny it," he told Malaysiakini, adding that he had never signed a statutory declaration supporting the interim prime minister.

Instead he said, he has signed an SD supporting Muhyiddin Yassin....

• Moderators

Pakatan Harapan updates list after missing out Hulu Selangor MP 

f8695b528ce6ca4a3cf74866cad67136.jpg=s66

Pakatan Harapan has updated their list to include PKR's Hulu Selangor MP June Leow (photo) who was left out of the original list.

This means that even with Bukit Gantang MP Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal no longer on the list, there are still 114 MPs supporting Mahathir.

Masir Kujat says he backs Muhyiddin as PM 

Sri Aman MP Masir Kujat denies supporting Mahathir.

"I support Muhyiddin as prime minister," he says in a video. 

This brings the number of MPs backing Mahathir down to 113.

15 minutes ago, invis said:

I believe the whole world are more worried about dow Jones crashing

yes, tikoman uncle me is waiting for sgx opening on monday.

see if there r any cheap good stocks to pick up.

but prices still not attractive enough.

wahahahahaha

Edited by socrates469bc

• Moderators

Dr M: King won't see me, 'losers' will form a gov't

52759efafc7ea202a4df3c34ef38f4ba.jpg=s66

Prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad said that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah did not grant him audience to present that he commands majority support of MPs.

At a press conference this morning, Mahathir said Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin will be sworn in as the eighth prime minister without commanding majority support.

"The loser would form a government, while the winner will become the opposition.

"It is a very strange situation," Mahathir told reporters at Yayasan Al Bukhary in Kuala Lumpur.

According to the Bersatu chairperson, he has already received the support of 114 parliamentarians.

112 is the minimum number needed for a simple majority in the Dewan Rakyat, which has 222 members.

• Moderators

Dr M: Muhyiddin is not the right PM

Dr Mahathir Mohamad maintains that Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin is not the “right prime minister” based on the law as the latter does not command majority support from MPs.

Addressing the media, Mahathir labels the Yang-DiPertuan Agong Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah’s decision to appoint Muhyiddin as the country’s eighth premier as “strange” considering that his bloc insists it has the larger number of support.

c59d464bb7947b8e9216c85433249cc8.jpg

“The king has made the decision not to see me anymore but to appoint Muhyiddin as prime minister so I don’t have the chance to tell the king that he (Muhyiddin) does not have the majority. That’s it...I cannot communicate with the palace [...]” he says.

The next step would be for the MPs to wait for a Parliament sitting to be called and for the MPs to declare in the august House their support for Muhyiddin or not.

“Of course they, (Muhyiddin’s bloc) can delay… but when that person goes to Parliament and Parliament rejects him, then he cannot be prime minister.”

Other statements he made at the press conference are as follow:

• Mahathir feels most betrayed by Muhyiddin. He adds: “He (Muhyiddin) was working on this for a long time and now he has succeeded.” [Read the full story here].
  • He claims he wanted to wait until the corruption trial involving Umno leaders such as former premier Najib Abdul Razak is over as he will not work with people found guilty of graft.
  • However, he claims Muhyiddin was “willing to accept anything. He (Muhyiddin) says politics is more important than principles”.
  • Mahathir expresses concern that the next Parliament sitting will be delayed, during which time there will be an opportunity for the 114 current MPs supporting him to be wooed by Muhyiddin's camp.