Worker falls to his death at Shaw Plaza in Balestier Road

The_King

SINGAPORE - An Indian national fell to his death while carrying out housekeeping works on Thursday (Nov 14), the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said on Saturday.

MOM said the 30-year-old man went through a partition board, falling from level 1 to basement 1 at 360 Balestier Road - the address for Shaw Plaza.

The worker, who was not identified, was employed by Express 21. The company works on electrical engineering and structured cabling projects for buildings, among other things.

MOM said investigations are ongoing and all work within the worksite has been stopped.

The number of workers who died as a result of a fall from height declined from 24 in 2009 to eight last year, partly due to the Government's and industry partners' concerted efforts to raise awareness and train workers.

The incident at Shaw Plaza comes just after the ministry concluded the Work at Height Symposium on Friday, an annual event that aims to tackle the issue of workers falling from height.

Over the years, different measures have been introduced, including the use of technology to handle high-risk tasks.

MOM also conducted more inspections.

In September, 300 checks were done on 250 companies, after which the ministry issued four stop-work orders and 80 fines totalling $91,000.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/indian-worker-30-falls-to-his-death-at-balestier-worksite

31 minutes ago, beyond said:

wah... become like tat liao ar? last time still got ppl come and go de leh.... vn

got, it the last few week and a few people who video or take picture.

that cinema was scary. i can feel my heart pumping

Edited by The_King

4 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Same. Damn shiok no stress except during Avengers Endgame

12 hours ago, Homelander said:

I like to go there watch movie...less crowded...

I intro you all a new place to watch la.

This is my secret area cause not much ppl know 

https://ourtampineshub2.wixsite.com/festiveartstheatre/movies

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The_King said:

I intro you all a new place to watch la.

This is my secret area cause not much ppl know 

https://ourtampineshub2.wixsite.com/festiveartstheatre/movies

I am surprised Tampenis has places people don’t know cos that area is so overpopulated. 
Sadly too far for me, I stay central area

• Wahaha 1

IMG-7224.jpg