Chamfer's boring tome/misc topics thread

chamfer

1 hour ago, beautifuldays said:

I read this interesting book. But only halfway then i had to return cos date due n was busy

Periods Gone Public: Taking a Stand for Menstrual Equity

Surprised that you are reading a quite 冷门的书

14 hours ago, chamfer said:

Current situation that i'm facing.... too much books and too little time to read them...

Impossible to read all the books you want. Even if you stop working and spend all day and night reading also cannot finish. I just try to read where I can. Kindle app ish very useful for that

Edited by Standing Birdy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Standing Birdy said:

Impossible to read all the books you want. Even if you stop working and spend all day and night reading also cannot finish. I just try to read where I can. Kindle app ish very useful for that

Agree. I had to set aside some time for reading beside working,family,gaming and plamo. Mostly use kindle reader while travelling on mrt but once at home will read a physical book. 

13 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

I have huge problems reading books but currently trying to read this on flights

IMG_20190515_180411.thumb.jpg.f8fa03a206dde6d5f4f4828f5120b2a7.jpg

Trying reading magazines or borrow children books on the topics which you are interested. Once your curiosity is piqued you will want to find more information thru adult's version of the book.

In this way, you will not feel turn off by reading a thick or boring presentation of the book.

Currently reading 'How to walk' by Thich Nhat Hanh. It's a pocket size book with 120 pages. Author is a zen master and this book is about walking meditation as part of mindfulness.

Like this part from the book. "We know our final destination is the cemetery.Why are we in a hurry to get there?Why not step in the direction of life,which is in the  present moment?

81-8EcvsuoL.jpg

A good book to start with on the topic of death which is taboo to most people. I had learned the 5 stages of grief and it really prepared me well for my late mother's death which happened a few years later after reading this book

• Like 1

Psychic ability by Ann Caulfield.

Did not expect that this book is talking about mediumship as the book cover mention telepathy,astral travel,chakras,dream,etc.

Author did write up on some detail steps on how to achieve certain abilities and warn on certain dangers in exploring this field.