GST Hike: Is It Fair?

Bigbird

Todays' Talking Point

Ep 39 Thu 24 Feb 2022 - GST Hike: Is It Fair?

22 mins
Singapore's goods and services tax, or GST, will be raised from 7% to 9% by 2024. How will it affect you? And are government support measures to cushion the impact of the hike, enough?

https://www.mewatch.sg/watch/Talking-Point-2021-2022-E39-Thu-24-Feb-2022-GST-Hike-Is-It-Fair-275074

• Wahaha 1

9 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

After watching the part on chicken rice seller. 

I bet u all will sian liao!

Chicken, veg ..... all  price increase until si beh chor! :wail:

heng i eat one meal a day.

no problem and i hardly eat out, now 99% at home excuiding CS chicken and pork knuckle

• Wahaha 1

6 minutes ago, The_King said:

heng i eat one meal a day.

no problem and i hardly eat out, now 99% at home excuiding CS chicken and pork knuckle

Yah .... the raw chicken & veg increase like siao! 

SO even u buy to cook, also siong!

Go watch!!

this paper alrdy proved that gst is a regressive tax liao.

https://taxpolicy.crawford.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/uploads/taxstudies_crawford_anu_edu_au/2016-11/progressive_varela_feb_2016_complete.pdf

but crybaby still wants to argue singapore gst is progressive overall with gst vouchers.

nb, smlj gst vouchers r at most 50% effective in welfare transfer due to leakages.

for welfare transfer to be 100% effective in minimizing impact, lower income households need to be supplemented with cash transfer

limpeh got study welfare transfer in econ 201 one, ok???????

MOF | Goods and Services Tax

• Like 3

5 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

this paper alrdy proved that gst is a regressive tax liao.

https://taxpolicy.crawford.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/uploads/taxstudies_crawford_anu_edu_au/2016-11/progressive_varela_feb_2016_complete.pdf

but crybaby still wants to argue singapore gst is progressive overall with gst vouchers.

nb, smlj gst vouchers r at most 50% effective in welfare transfer due to leakages.

for welfare transfer to be 100% effective in minimizing impact, lower income households need to be supplemented with cash transfer

limpeh got study welfare transfer in econ 201 one, ok???????

MOF | Goods and Services Tax

Can't wait for kopi to cost $2 per cup at hawker

• Wahaha 2

22 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Fatimah will say if drink kopi expensive then go drink tea. If both expensive drink hot water... Sb61 likes $5 kopi

heng i dont follow stupid advise

i bring my own water or food (hard boil egg)and fruit like apple or orange if i need a quick snack.

most important is wallet have money

• Like 3

On 2/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, The_King said:

heng i dont follow stupid advise

i bring my own water or food (hard boil egg)and fruit like apple or orange if i need a quick snack.

most important is wallet have money

NObody can escape from this tax, it just how much u contribute to this gs-tax only! 

Those who leave SG and live abroad then will not donate to Pooopies salary & compensate for their mistake!

Poopies throw money here and there, token here, build some stupid Changi travel hub for Business visitors to  do meetings in isolation room!   Who's paying?  What result?

All sinkies are poopies ATM!!! KNN!! :curse:

• Wahaha 1

5 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

NObody can escape from this tax, it just how much u contribute to this gs-tax only! 

Those who leave SG and live abroad then will not donate to Pooopies salary & compensate for their mistake!

Poopies throw money here and there, token here, build some stupid Changi travel hub for Business visitors to  do meetings in isolation room!   Who's paying?  What result?

there lot of free stuff to take to reduce la

you just have to know where to find for free

hint: freegan, food rescue for a start

• Wahaha 1

16 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

limpeh was channel surfing on friday nite and chanced upon mediacock reporting how peasants r grateful for the u-save vouchers, especially the lower social strata.

nb, if zheng hu really want to help them, give them 25% discount on utility bills and conservancy charges instead of fixed amount vouchers.

zheng hu give them fixed amount rebate in an inflationary environment doesnt compensate the reduced purchasing power of a family resulting from an increased gst rate.

zheng hu give 25% discount and this is what welfare economics called 100% welfare transfer.

u smelly peasants really r kumgong until limpeh bo words.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Wahaha 3

23 hours ago, socrates469bc said:

limpeh was channel surfing on friday nite and chanced upon mediacock reporting how peasants r grateful for the u-save vouchers, especially the lower social strata.

nb, if zheng hu really want to help them, give them 25% discount on utility bills and conservancy charges instead of fixed amount vouchers.

zheng hu give them fixed amount rebate in an inflationary environment doesnt compensate the reduced purchasing power of a family resulting from an increased gst rate.

zheng hu give 25% discount and this is what welfare economics called 100% welfare transfer.

u smelly peasants really r kumgong until limpeh bo words.

Poopies will suck u on your assets tax & income tax. etc!

So 1 way or another, U cant escape from contributing to their coffers!

I have 0 faith in 4G poopies!

So i'm exiting SG (98%)!

My message is " i wont support & i will not (minimise) contribution to their scheme of things"!

I lost  the Unvax  & CPF battle, but i wont loose the war!

Edited by Bigbird
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 1