Liew Mun Leong retires from CAG, other public service and business roles after court's decision on Parti Liyani case

Homelander

SINGAPORE: Changi Airport Group chairman Liew Mun Leong announced on Thursday (Sep 10) that he is retiring from his public service and business roles.

This comes after a recent decision by the High Court to acquit his former maid Parti Liyani of charges of stealing from his family

"After much deliberation, I have decided to bring forward my retirement from the various public service and business roles with Changi Airport Group, Surbana Jurong, Temasek Foundation, and Temasek International with immediate effect," Mr Liew said in a statement to the media. 

"Those who know me, will know I am passionate about the roles and missions of these organisations. I do not wish my current situation to be a distraction to their respective boards, management and staff, amidst their many critical priorities."

He added that throughout the investigations and trial, he and his family members had cooperated fully with the police.

Liew Mun Leong who accused his domestic worker of theft, received  Meritorious Service Medal from President back in 2011 - The Online Citizen

"The High Court has made its decision. I have faith in our legal system and respect the decision of the High Court," Mr Liew said.

"I understand that both the Attorney’s General Chambers (AGC) and the police are now conducting reviews of the matter. Should it be required, my family and I will continue to provide full cooperation to both AGC and the police."

Mr Liew and his family had accused Ms Parti of theft in 2016. In his statement, he said he made the report as he believed that if "there were suspicions of wrongdoing, it is our civic duty to report the matter to the police and let the authorities investigate accordingly".

During the trial, Mr Liew told the court that he had long suspected Ms Parti of stealing from his family home, but "tolerated" her behaviour.

She was sentenced to two years and two months' jail after she was convicted of four counts of theft in March 2019. 

She was acquitted by the High Court last week of all charges. 

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

14 hours ago, Homelander said:

Mr Liew and his family had accused Ms Parti of theft in 2016. In his statement, he said he made the report as he believed that if "there were suspicions of wrongdoing, it is our civic duty to report the matter to the police and let the authorities investigate accordingly".

What civic duty he talking about?

It is his civic duty not to abuse his maids by making her work extra also. 

14 hours ago, Homelander said:

"After much deliberation, I have decided to bring forward my retirement from the various public service and business roles with Changi Airport Group, Surbana Jurong, Temasek Foundation, and Temasek International with immediate effect," Mr Liew said in a statement to the media. 

meritocracy at its best. singapore really no talent for a person to hold so many positions? 

• Like 1