Anyone went China? How to pay for things?

aaur4man

Just now, aaur4man said:

when was it most recent? i heard many stories ppl dont accept cash

i went july 19...their ppl all use wepay or alipay...i think only me using cash but no one chao gan me

In fact they are very re qing...my fren say take cab (di shi) sure kana fk by cabbie if use cash...didnt encounter anything that the cabbie buay song

Went kfc, hai di lao, shopping, foot massage, cab all cash...if watch movie need to use their app to get heavily discounted ticket which uses alipay/wepay...the counter atb very nice, use her app to buy for me then i pay her cash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homelander said:

i went july 19...their ppl all use wepay or alipay...i think only me using cash but no one chao gan me

In fact they are very re qing...my fren say take cab (di shi) sure kana fk by cabbie if use cash...didnt encounter anything that the cabbie buay song

Went kfc, hai di lao, shopping, foot massage, cab all cash...if watch movie need to use their app to get heavily discounted ticket which uses alipay/wepay...the counter atb very nice, use her app to buy for me then i pay her cash

i think only yandao wont kena chao gan.

• Wahaha 2

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

Just now, Homelander said:

No leh...i think they know foreigner dun have wepay or alipay...my wechat app no wepay function...i wanna link cc also dunno how to leh

Die die need China bank card , or get atb to send from wallet

2 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

Die die need China bank card , or get atb to send from wallet

yeah i went to apply BOC dual currency credit card so no exchange rate, recommended by my atb colleague

i apply one month in advance but i fly to shenzhen n come back...the card still haven't come!

• Wahaha 1

Google alipay tourpass

I managed to add credit card to wechat pay in my wechat. But I cannot scan other people, only people can scan me. Normally when shopping/eating at smaller shops you scan their code and type the amt to pay.

Can use cash but some small biz might not have change for large notes

Can use visa/master cards at major biz and restaurants

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Homelander said:

yeah i went to apply BOC dual currency credit card so no exchange rate, recommended by my atb colleague

i apply one month in advance but i fly to shenzhen n come back...the card still haven't come!

Apply in sg? Can use in china?

Also download baidu maps for navigation. Google maps becoming less and less accurate after tiongland shut them out

Download didi app. Didi take credit cards

Trip.com app is useful for booking trains. Tiong ctrip app even better but need tiong id or id linked phone number. I try every trip but can never get it to work

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Homelander said:

if cab/massage, the shop rather take cash becos if via alipay/wepay, will kena taxman.

for massages, my china guys will take the bill in cash since cannot claim.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

They dont accept cash right, only wechat pay or alipay

but the app dont accept visa / mastercard

how ah

wepay and alipay now allow visa/mastercard.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/wechat-pay-follows-alipay-in-allowing-foreign-visitors-to-make-payments-in-china/

my wepay is linked to my atb's local bank account.

i m using boc unionpay dual currency whenever i m travelling in tiongland and so far, ok.

if u going to first-tier cities, visa/mastercard no issue but just pay thru the nose on exchange rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

wepay and alipay now allow visa/mastercard.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/wechat-pay-follows-alipay-in-allowing-foreign-visitors-to-make-payments-in-china/

my wepay is linked to my atb's local bank account.

i m using boc unionpay dual currency whenever i m travelling in tiongland and so far, ok.

if u going to first-tier cities, visa/mastercard no issue but just pay thru the nose on exchange rate.

think need to wait a while more for them to make it easier...now browsing thru wechat, cannot just add a visa/master cc to my wechat...need to verify myself with BOC with a linked account etc etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homelander said:

think need to wait a while more for them to make it easier...now browsing thru wechat, cannot just add a visa/master cc to my wechat...need to verify myself with BOC with a linked account etc etc

yeah, its abit cumbersome if u dont have a local tiongland bank account.

ur card issuing bank will send u a tac for final verification, that is if their visa/mastercard is supported by wepay.

mine is linked to my atb's local bank account, so quite fast.

only drawback is i cannot use wepay when out drinking in clubs without her.

• Wahaha 1
  • ISWYDT 1

1 hour ago, Standing Birdy said:

Also download baidu maps for navigation. Google maps becoming less and less accurate after tiongland shut them out

Download didi app. Didi take credit cards

Trip.com app is useful for booking trains. Tiong ctrip app even better but need tiong id or id linked phone number. I try every trip but can never get it to work

Tiongland will wipe out Google very soon cos they hab $$$ to burn... Now is whether the consumers will get tempted anot...

Actually good time for Microsoft make a return and make win10 workable on Tiong fones

49 minutes ago, The_King said:

this make SG like a tier 3 city. and  there no privacy in china 

Will happen... Yet sb70 and the iBs continue to praise tiongland n condemn amdk...

The wallet pay services, tiongland first roll out then sinkieland... 

4 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Will happen... Yet sb70 and the iBs continue to praise tiongland n condemn amdk...

i will use cash for as long as possible until cash is no longer legal tender . those SB70 are giving up their privacy  and they love to be track 24/7.

when it time to pay bill and they dont pay, those system that will know how much that person have. or if they need assistant. those system know.

dont want system to know? use cash and dont store money in bank

6 hours ago, The_King said:

i will use cash for as long as possible until cash is no longer legal tender . those SB70 are giving up their privacy  and they love to be track 24/7.

when it time to pay bill and they dont pay, those system that will know how much that person have. or if they need assistant. those system know.

dont want system to know? use cash and dont store money in bank

Covid19 will change this for sure. Bye-bye cash

• Like 2
  • angry 1

6 hours ago, XianGe said:

obviously sb70 and the ibs never heard of the answer by egyptian nationalist nasser in reply to the american diplomat dulles on an american-anglo-egytian alliance in 1953.

"How can i go to my people and tell them to I am disregarding a killer with a pistol 60 miles from me at the Suez Canal to worry about somebody who is holding a knife a 1000 miles away?"

• Like 2