Will Singapore‘s Street Food Hawkers Disappear?

The_King

43 minutes ago, chamfer said:

In my view,street food has lost most of their own distinct character. Most of them taste too generic.maybe because most hawkers are turning to mass produced commercial ingredients to make their food.

this is so true.

just look at the street hawkers along BKK streets. they are selling BBQ skewers of frozen stuff from CP.

And Tw night markets, almost every night market sell the same thing. Something successful will be quickly replicated through all night markets.

singapore's fried wuxiang, yong tau fu, nasi romak, economics mee hoon are going the same direction. They are selling same items that taste exactly the same... from a centralised supplier. then there is the spinach soup, everywhere also same.

Edited by meng.huat
  • Like 2

Heng I make my own Yong tau Fu, nasi lemak rice, loh kai yik,  drunken chicken, curry and kare rice etc........

All customised to my own taste,  and my own way of cooking using thermal cooker etc....

So don't really care outside food tastes the same or not. Or even they stop selling, I don't care

Thank you self sufficient

giphy.gif

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1