Chamfer's boring tome/misc topics thread

chamfer

60% through. It's an excellent summary of what we know about the world and universe and how the unknowns will probably be known when the theory of everything is complete. 

54614037._SY475_.jpg

Also reading this slowly. I feel it is more chim than Tao Te Ching, which I have read thrice and each time learned more to apply.

18197152.jpg

• Like 2
  • wtf 1

This my current bedtime read

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Wahaha 1

Good content = Topics that genuinely encourages and stimulates interaction/banter. 

Bad content = Clickbaits, brag posts and social media news feed that nobody gives a flying fuck about + waste of server storage space

Reading this book and saw something apt.

345279.jpg

WHY GOOD PEOPLE DIE

The village preacher at the home of an elderly parishioner was busy answering grandma’s questions over a cup of coffee.

“Why does the Lord send us epidemics every so often?” asked the old lady.

“Well,” said the preacher, “sometimes people become so wicked they have to be removed and so the good Lord allows the coming of epidemics.

“But then,” objected grandma, “why do so many good people get removed with the bad?”

“The good ones are summoned for witnesses,” explained the preacher. “The Lord wants to give every soul a fair trial.”

There is nothing that the Rigid Believer cannot find an explanation for.

THE SMARTING DERVISH

A dervish was sitting peacefully by a river when a passer-by saw the bore bock of his neck and yielded to the temptation to give it a resounding whack. He was full of wonder at the sound his hand had made on the fleshy neck, but the dervish, smarting with pain, got up to hit him back.

“Wait a minute,” said the aggressor. “You can hit me if you wish. But answer this question first: Was the sound of the whack produced by my hand or by the back of your neck?”

Said the dervish, “Answer that yourself. My pain won’t allow me to theorize. You can afford to do so, because you don’t feel what I feel.”

https://www.amazon.sg/Kabbalah-Handbook-Encyclopedia-Concepts-Mysticism/dp/1585425605/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kabbalah+handbook&qid=1627398061&sr=8-1#

Just read a portion of this book and i really find it hard to read(for someone who has no foundation on kabbalah) 

In the end i did not finish the whole book. By the way it's available as ebook at NLB.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/Buddhist-Magic-Divination-Healing-Enchantment/dp/1611808251/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=buddhist+magic&qid=1628697701&s=books&sprefix=buddhist+m&sr=1-1

Just finished this ebook. Book and ebook is available at NLB.

Quite a 'dry' book to read if one has not much knowledge on buddhism.

But i'm quite surprized that magic is part of buddhism. And those magic practices of thailand,burma,etc are not folk religions incorportated into buddhism.

There is a chapter on tibetan book of spells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

https://www.amazon.com/Buddhist-Magic-Divination-Healing-Enchantment/dp/1611808251/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=buddhist+magic&qid=1628697701&s=books&sprefix=buddhist+m&sr=1-1

But i'm quite surprized that magic is part of buddhism. And those magic practices of thailand,burma,etc are not folk religions incorportated into buddhism.

Buddhism was developed from Hinduism, you'll find a lot of similarities between the magic of the two. 

• Like 1

Official Mugentech Minecraft server: Please see thread in Gamers

9 hours ago, chamfer said:

8 hours ago, Huat Zai said:

Buddhism was developed from Hinduism, you'll find a lot of similarities between the magic of the two. 

i m not a particular religious or superstitious person, but i m starting to believe in this christian mythology liao.

Which of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are you? | Zoo

• Wahaha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...