Chamfer's boring tome/misc topics thread

chamfer

1 hour ago, chamfer said:

Kgb not feeling down today but sometimes this shadow just surface up.

Hmm..i see

I do feel that the people we grew up with may contribute to our self criticism behavior especially when they are passing very uncontructive criticism and being very conditional

• Like 2

Shalala lala la la ~ 🌠

Almost finishing Go Rin no Sho. Many ideas resonate with me and I will try to apply them.

Some of my favourite quotes:

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men

You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world

Respect the gods and Buddhas, but do not depend on them

51sGkq8+BrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Going to start reading this tonight

51Ne593mr2L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 3

63% through book. I think this will end up on every "top books to read in 2020" list. It is an improvement over the other books in this genre because of its simple steps to reframe to have a growth mindset. It also covers more ground in enough depth for you to take action.

This will be my answer to family and colleagues who they tell me "I can't abc because I am xx or because I am not yy."

44279312.jpg

Edited by Standing Birdy
  • Like 1
  • fapfapfap 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren - The True Accounts of the Paranormal Investigators Featured in the film 'The Conjuring'

Currently reading halfway through this book. 

Book talks about demonology from catholic church viewpoint as Ed Warren was a demonologist recognized by the Catholic Church. Great insight and eye opener for those who have no idea how these people had suffered from these hauntings and the wonderful work Ed & Lorraine had done in this field.

Some universities offer this demonology as a module. too bad not our local universities.

• Like 3
  • wtf 1

On 9/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, chamfer said:

The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren - The True Accounts of the Paranormal Investigators Featured in the film 'The Conjuring'

Currently reading halfway through this book. 

Book talks about demonology from catholic church viewpoint as Ed Warren was a demonologist recognized by the Catholic Church. Great insight and eye opener for those who have no idea how these people had suffered from these hauntings and the wonderful work Ed & Lorraine had done in this field.

Some universities offer this demonology as a module. too bad not our local universities.

some secular universities will offer it as part of their medieval history and philosophy programs.

private catholic universities will offer a version of demonology module as part of their theological program.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:41 PM, Standing Birdy said:

Going to use this to learn how to read

33966847._SY475_.jpg

After working on this for a few days, I can confirm that the system in the book works. I can now read some words slowly. But I don't know their meaning. Next stage will be building vocabulary after memorising the alphabets.

image.png

Decoded into sounds

tum sorng wai haa chaai

kaii nai payn tee rao

fai pairng kohn yai sum

naak tayp roht cheep yaat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...