Couple spends 15 minutes opening cartons to choose eggs at FairPrice supermarket

The_King

eggs.jpg

A couple caught the attention of other shoppers at a FairPrice supermarket at Junction 8 shopping mall on Thursday (Feb 23) at about 4.30pm.

A Stomper shared photos of the couple and said they spent 15 minutes choosing their eggs.

"They were opening all the egg cartons to choose eggs" said the Stomper.

"They transfer here and there until they found the 'perfect' eggs then proceed to the cashier to pay.

"Even my boy asked how can they do that?"

The Stomper added that she has seen some aunties swap fruits before, but never with eggs.

"The fact that they took so long and opened so many cartons puzzled us," she said.

"I don't think FairPrice sells rotten eggs, at least I've never encountered any before."

In 2017, Stomp reported on an auntie on a 'quest' to find the best eggs.

Back then, some netizens said shoppers should not engage in this practice especially if they happen to switch eggs from differently priced cartons.

Others said such sights are a 'daily occurrence' at local supermarkets.

What do you think?

• Wahaha 2

2 hours ago, The_King said:

This is why there 2 singapore

Rich ppl 1 tray of egg $50 also cheap

Low ses ppl like me 1 tray of egg $3 also need to choose to male my money worth

It all about the money

Tis couple me tink not really super poor folk.. their mentality is to get the best of everything... Basically where they came from has tis mentality everything must b perfect condition for everything they buy.. new citizens...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_King said:

This is why there 2 singapore

Rich ppl 1 tray of egg $50 also cheap

Low ses ppl like me 1 tray of egg $3 also need to choose to male my money worth

It all about the money

Rich or poor does not define whether a person is high or low ses. It is the upbringing, mentality and behaviour thats determines it.

You can be rich and still low ses. Just like those Mercs/BMW drivers that shake the car while pumping petrol in JB.

It is perfectly normal to get your moneys worth in everyday life. If a product is displayed openly and meant to be chosen like apples, oranges etc, by all means choose. But to disregard social norms and hygiene by opening the package to touch, choose and contaminate the eggs just to serve your self-interest, that is a no no for me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

Rich or poor does not define whether a person is high or low ses. It is the upbringing, mentality and behaviour thats determines it.

You can be rich and still low ses. Just like those Mercs/BMW drivers that shake the car while pumping petrol in JB.

It is perfectly normal to get your moneys worth in everyday life. If a product is displayed openly and meant to be chosen like apples, oranges etc, by all means choose. But to disregard social norms and hygiene by opening the package to touch, choose and contaminate the eggs just to serve your self-interest, that is a no no for me.

yup likely poor upbringing or brought up wit selfish mentality... 

• Like 1