WTA - My Mobile Near Death Soon

Bigbird

anyway Snapdragon chipsets fron 6 series onwards are actually pretty snappy. nowadays apps use shit tons of memory, so buy the phone with the most ram within your budget. 

another phone to watch (if dont intend to flash other rom) is Samsung Galaxy A23. not sure if coming to SG though. Snapdragon 680, camera with OIS. potentially below $300.

• Like 2

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

2 hours ago, aaur4man said:

anyway Snapdragon chipsets fron 6 series onwards are actually pretty snappy. nowadays apps use shit tons of memory, so buy the phone with the most ram within your budget. 

another phone to watch (if dont intend to flash other rom) is Samsung Galaxy A23. not sure if coming to SG though. Snapdragon 680, camera with OIS. potentially below $300.

Saw the model u mentioned. Samsung Galaxy A23

https://www.expansys.com.sg/samsung-galaxy-a23-5g-dual-sim-4gb-128gb-peach-376863/

Processor: Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) / MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm) / Mali-G57 MC2

Not Snapdragon leh??

Cost $346!!

Is this correct??

See the SG 5G  availability!   :hehe:

22 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Saw the model u mentioned. Samsung Galaxy A23

https://www.expansys.com.sg/samsung-galaxy-a23-5g-dual-sim-4gb-128gb-peach-376863/

•  

Not Snapdragon leh??

Cost $346!!

Is this correct??

See the SG 5G  availability!   :hehe:

this is not the Snapdragon version, the upcoming A23 is 4G :

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a23-11373.php

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

:hmm:

I went to Oppo today  to look see....

Saw 1 almost same spec as Note 11  but more ex!

https://m.gsmarena.com/oppo_a76-11367.php

What you guys think of Oppo?

oppo parent company is BBK Electronics

in short:

Oppo: introduce smartphones with new innovations

Vivo: priority was Camera and Music.

OnePlus: focus on premium segment

Realme: budget focus value for money like VS redmi

IQOO: focus on fight with Poco, Black Shark

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, The_King said:

M4 pro:

128GB is 349

https://shopee.sg/POCO-M4-Pro-5G-6GB-128GB-Global-Version(1-Year-Warranty)-i.178877216.3095351491?sp_atk=cd5a26f3-5556-4cf3-a662-cb16b761403b

64gb is 299

https://shopee.sg/POCO-M4-Pro-5G-4GB-64GB-Global-Version(1-Year-Warranty)-i.178877216.10265614392?sp_atk=f5a2a178-be4c-40df-b44a-1ba974581bf3

M3 pro 128gb is 339

https://shopee.sg/POCO-M3-Pro-5G-6GB-128GB-Global-Version-1-year-warranty--i.178877216.9057378662?sp_atk=344aa54e-315a-44d7-b4ab-be2c9c5af438

my usage is mainly work + suft web (if cant video and picture but i it cause a bomb to get phone that can get great video and picture, so i rather get pocket 3 or some other action cam)

so i get m4 pro for 64gb then add a Expandable SD card if needed, cause if phone spoil i still can use the SD card for data storage (like portable HDD)

if i can choose again, i choose sony 10iii. i really love the long battery life

Why order POCO from China instead of getting local set?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, The_King said:

so i get m4 pro for 64gb then add a Expandable SD card if needed, cause if phone spoil i still can use the SD card for data storage (like portable HDD)

Even if you add a SD cards, 64gb will run out of storage due to Whatsapp videos as they cannot be stored on SD card. Or you have a way to work around it?

42 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

I am not asking what is your SD card for. I am saying nowadays phone with 64gb where got enough. Apps and Whatspp videos will take up a lot of storage

Screenshot-20220418-114354.png

for me the trick is always clear WA junk history, and backup photos elsewhere. i doubt if i put back all my photos in will take up more than 25GB.

lots of cache files also can clear once in a while.

of course the issue is how the phone will perform as its flash memory gets almost fully filled up, especially phones with eMMC instead of UFS.

the problem is gaming apps are taking more than a gig each, so difference between gaming and non gaming users on storage is big. (non gamer)

if you have a high storage need then limited to mid-high tier phones with 128/256GB , and flagships with 512GB.

or just get an iPhone

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

Edited by aaur4man
  • Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

5 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

for me the trick is always clear WA junk history, and backup photos elsewhere. i doubt if i put back all my photos in will take up more than 25GB.

of course the issue is how the phone will perform as its flash memory gets almost fully filled up, especially phones with eMMC instead of UFS.

the problem is gaming ones are taking more than a gig each, so difference between gaming and non gaming users on storage is big. (non gamer)

How do you work around Whatsapp photos and videos? The default storage is phone and you cant switch them to SD card

16 minutes ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

How do you work around Whatsapp photos and videos? The default storage is phone and you cant switch them to SD card

i clear them media. mostly useless chat junk. all the gossip video, image, gif

work is on separate phone so no issues deleting my personal one.

alternatively use telegram, everything saved in cloud. can clear cache once in a while, and still download back whatever u wanna see.

Edited by aaur4man
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, The_King said:

oppo parent company is BBK Electronics

in short:

Oppo: introduce smartphones with new innovations

Vivo: priority was Camera and Music.

OnePlus: focus on premium segment

Realme: budget focus value for money like VS redmi

IQOO: focus on fight with Poco, Black Shark

Wah... I google BBK,  really interesting. 

Never heard of Oneplus & IQOO. 

10 hours ago, aaur4man said:

i clear them media. mostly useless chat junk. all the gossip video, image, gif

work is on separate phone so no issues deleting my personal one.

alternatively use telegram, everything saved in cloud. can clear cache once in a while, and still download back whatever u wanna see.

How to flash?

Is the process complicated? 

I already screwed up my SS S4 a few yrs ago trying to root it!  Could turn on after that! :wail:

11 hours ago, Londonchocolateroll said:

I am not asking what is your SD card for. I am saying nowadays phone with 64gb where got enough. Apps and Whatspp videos will take up a lot of storage

128gb already notch enuff... WA peekture and beedio very fast load up.. nid 256-512gb to be safe..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aaur4man said:

the problem is gaming apps are taking more than a gig each, so difference between gaming and non gaming users on storage is big. (non gamer)

if you have a high storage need then limited to mid-high tier phones with 128/256GB , and flagships with 512GB.

or just get an iPhone

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

Ifone more sexpensive

1 minute ago, Bigbird said:

Wah... I google BBK,  really interesting. 

Never heard of Oneplus & IQOO. 

all same company

for me i love my battery life and dont want bloatware, spyware so i choose sony, as i dont know how to root the phone

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_King said:

all same company

for me i love my battery life and dont want bloatware, spyware so i choose sony, as i dont know how to root the phone

Sony uses raw android os ah?

I like Sony too but Too ex for me! Since i know it wont last!

Edited by Bigbird

2 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Sony uses raw android os ah?

I like Sony too but Too ex for me! Since i know it wont last!

not pure android but very very close. almost no bloatware to remove, i only remove FB, nexfilx and some google app