Grab's net loss widens to US$988 million for 3Q21​

Bigbird

Grab's net loss widens to US$988 million for 3Q21

Grab’s net loss widened to US$988 million for 3QFY2021 ended September, 59% deeper y-o-y.

The y-o-y increase in losses during the third quarter was driven primarily by non-cash expenses, says Grab in a press release on Nov 11. 

Grab’s 3QFY2021 net loss includes US$748 million in non-cash items. “This primarily consists of interest accrued on Grab’s convertible redeemable preference shares, stock based compensation and fair value changes on investments," the company states.

Grab, which is poised to complete a SPAC merger with Altimeter Growth Corp by end of the year, expects a significant proportion of such non-cash expenses is expected to cease after the business combination.

Grab had reported a net loss of US$815 million in the previous quarter, 2QFY2021. 

Total revenue for 3QFY2021 came in at US$157 million, falling 9% y-o-y, “as a result of the expected decline in mobility due to the severe lockdowns in Vietnam”, says the company.

Grab’s reported revenue is net of consumer, merchant and driver-partner incentives.

Meanwhile, gross merchandise value (GMV) reached a new quarterly record of US$4.0 billion, up 32% y-o-y. 

Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was a loss of US$212 million, down US$85 million y-o-y and up by US$2 million q-o-q.  

Monthly Transacting Users (MTUs) declined by 8% y-o-y as a result of total lockdowns across Vietnam between July and September, which saw both food delivery and ride-hailing services suspended. Average spend per user, defined as GMV per MTU, increased by 43% y-o-y. 

As of Sept 30, Grab had cash liquidity of US$5.2 billion, an increase of US$1.5 billion from US$3.7 billion as of Dec 31, 2020.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/capital/results/grabs-net-loss-widens-us988-million-3q21

• Wahaha 1

13 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Grab’s 3QFY2021 net loss includes US$748 million in non-cash items. “This primarily consists of interest accrued on Grab’s convertible redeemable preference shares, stock based compensation and fair value changes on investments," the company states.

alrdy said i suspected grab used convertibles gao gao to make their financials look good liao.

u think son-san so kumgong, want to sell profitable companies?????

son-san just wants to kgks to realize his over-valuation so that he can unwind and take the money.

wahahahahhaha

Softbank fund warns of $16.7bn loss due to virus - BBC News

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 9:33 PM, Bigbird said:

Grab’s net loss widened to US$988 million for 3QFY2021 ended September

On 11/11/2021 at 9:33 PM, Bigbird said:

Total revenue for 3QFY2021 came in at US$157 million

The investors got no problem with this? No questions asked? continue pumpiing money inside? 

Nowadays finance and economics very very advance...

me poly grad dont understand.

if my money inside, sure chua sai... of cos, my money no inside... becos i no money to invest...

No wonder i BBFA

Edited by meng.huat
  • Wahaha 3

7 hours ago, meng.huat said:

The investors got no problem with this? No questions asked? continue pumpiing money inside? 

Nowadays finance and economics very very advance...

me poly grad dont understand.

if my money inside, sure chua sai... of cos, my money no inside... becos i no money to invest...

No wonder i BBFA

if strip son-san's investments bare, the common thread is that all the valuations r plug from air.

as long as got ultra-rich kgks believe, the scheme can continue.

What does SoftBank's Masayoshi Son plan to say or do about its ties to  Saudi Arabia? We're about to find out | TechCrunch

• Wahaha 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/02/investing/grab-ipo-spac-nasdaq-intl-hnk/index.html

Grab plunges 21% in biggest Wall Street debut by a Southeast Asian company

The Southeast Asian unicorn Grab had a rough first day on Wall Street.

The Singaporean startup closed down nearly 21% Thursday as it began trading on New York's Nasdaq.
Grab went public by merging with a special-purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. The deal — in which Grab raised $4.5 billion, and was valued at nearly $40 billion — was the biggest of its kind on record, according to data provider Dealogic. It's also the largest US market debut by a Southeast Asian company. The previous record was held by an Indonesian satellite company, which raised nearly $1.2 billion in 1994, according to data from Refinitiv.

Under the deal, Grab merged with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC), a SPAC launched by Altimeter Capital, a US investment firm. Shares in the company, now trading under the ticker symbol "GRAB," opened up Thursday nearly 20% above Altimeter's closing price the day before.
But they soon reversed direction, closing at $8.75 per share.
  • Wahaha 3

8 hours ago, meng.huat said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/02/investing/grab-ipo-spac-nasdaq-intl-hnk/index.html

Grab plunges 21% in biggest Wall Street debut by a Southeast Asian company

The Southeast Asian unicorn Grab had a rough first day on Wall Street.

The Singaporean startup closed down nearly 21% Thursday as it began trading on New York's Nasdaq.
Grab went public by merging with a special-purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. The deal — in which Grab raised $4.5 billion, and was valued at nearly $40 billion — was the biggest of its kind on record, according to data provider Dealogic. It's also the largest US market debut by a Southeast Asian company. The previous record was held by an Indonesian satellite company, which raised nearly $1.2 billion in 1994, according to data from Refinitiv.

Under the deal, Grab merged with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC), a SPAC launched by Altimeter Capital, a US investment firm. Shares in the company, now trading under the ticker symbol "GRAB," opened up Thursday nearly 20% above Altimeter's closing price the day before.
But they soon reversed direction, closing at $8.75 per share.

this one not sakti enough.

my banker intro Towkay me this stock.

really think Towkay me kumgong max.

wahahahahhahahhaha

DIDI Stock Price and Chart — NYSE:DIDI — TradingView

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Wahaha 1
  • fapfapfap 1