Grab to raise ride-hailing fares by $1 from June 1

The_King

SINGAPORE - Ride-hailing firm Grab will raise its fares by $1 starting next month to improve driver earnings  amid rising fuel and maintenance costs, it said.

With taxi and private-hire car ridership at just 55 per cent of pre-pandemic levels as a result of the heightened alert measures, Grab said it will not collect commission on the additional $1 from June 1 to June 30.

This means drivers will get $1 more for every ride they complete with Grab for a month.

To help commuters adjust to the new fares and defray the added costs, Grab said it will offer $1 vouchers for peak hour rides from June 1 to June 14.

Each Grab commuter will get two vouchers per day, and can use them on weekdays from 7am to 9am, and 5pm to 7pm, as well as on weekdays from 11am to 7pm.

There is a limit on the total number of vouchers that can be claimed in a day.

This is the first time the firm is raising its base fare since 2017.

The hike will apply to all of Grab's transport services, except for its standard taxi booking service, its carpooling service GrabHitch, and its GrabCoach service, Grab Singapore's managing director for transport Andrew Chan said in a message to drivers on Tuesday  morning (May 25).

Grab began charging a platform fee of 30 cents for rides booked through it in December last year. This came after the competition watchdog - the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) - lifted restrictions on it in November last year.

• Like 1
  • Wahaha 1

i taken grab less then 10times since it started due to need work emergency. on my own time so far is 0 and i intent to stay at 0. so i dont give a F if grab close or open 

so dont really care if they increase or not 

• Wahaha 1

5 hours ago, The_King said:

i taken grab less then 10times since it started due to need work emergency. on my own time so far is 0 and i intent to stay at 0. so i dont give a F if grab close or open 

so dont really care if they increase or not 

i never even taken grab b4.

it is a proven fact that once all the incentives r taken away, ridership collapse.

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/how-uber-makes-money/

until now, uber is still making losses and still need to provide incentives alrdy tells u on the profitability of this con job.

however, the upside of uber is that it provides better cab hailing service than taxi companies.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_King said:

SINGAPORE - Ride-hailing firm Grab will raise its fares by $1 starting next month to improve driver earnings  amid rising fuel and maintenance costs, it said.

With taxi and private-hire car ridership at just 55 per cent of pre-pandemic levels as a result of the heightened alert measures, Grab said it will not collect commission on the additional $1 from June 1 to June 30.

This means drivers will get $1 more for every ride they complete with Grab for a month.

Grab began charging a platform fee of 30 cents for rides booked through it in December last year. This came after the competition watchdog - the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) - lifted restrictions on it in November last year.

This shows Harvard U grad in Grab corporate coms,  how they divert their greed by putting drivers as the key reason for the increase!

Investors wants uber quick ROI!

Same technique as .....

Please sign in or sign up for an account to view this content.

:haha:

Edited by Bigbird
  • Wahaha 3