Pipe gas or LPG (tank/cylinders)

The_King

these are the pros and cons:

Pipe gas lighter than air, float out your window. LPG heavier than air, gather around floor level.

Pipe gas always got gas, LPG whenever finish need to call someone come to refill. Need to be at home and if you cooking halfway then need to pause your cooking.

Pipe gas only need one pipe connect to the hob. LPG gas need the kitchen cabinet space for the tank under the hob.

Pipe gas gives you option to install gas water heater.

Pipe  gas you need to pay every month even if you dont use it for the month as reason is the meter is read on alternate months – one month actual and one month estimated. Any discrepancies due to the estimation will be adjusted

My Question is how much pressure does Pipe gas have, does it have enough to hit 20kw? i know LPG  able to 20KW easily

Pipe gas is around 10mbars to 20mbars or  0.14 PSI to 0.29  PSI

sauce: https://www.citygas.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/City-Gas-Handbook-on-Gas-Supply-_22-May-2017_.pdf

LPG is around 0.5 psi to 5 PSI

https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Gas_Pressures.php

anyone using pipe gas can advise? enough psi to have wok hei?

thanks

1 hour ago, Satki said:

dont recall the typical burners can do wok hei

unless you buy those commercial ones

i mean the pipe gas got enough psi or gas pressure to let me burn at higher btu?  for tank is enough but i will use up the 14kg tank in 2 week

18 minutes ago, The_King said:

i mean the pipe gas got enough psi or gas pressure to let me burn at higher btu?  for tank is enough but i will use up the 14kg tank in 2 week

don't understand but usually the difference is at the hob side, good hob has bigger flames

beastgohan-gohanbeast.gif

14 minutes ago, aaur4man said:

don't understand but usually the difference is at the hob side, good hob has bigger flames

partly right, but the  gas pressure regulator valve and the gas pressure play a part too

tank using the small gas pressure regulator valve like this:

Gas-Regulator-300x225.png

if you change to this gas pressure regulator valve, you can have all the wok hei, for pipe gas it different cause the psi is fixed. so need to ask pipe gas if they can increase the pressure

710Uf3EJEML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by The_King