Cellulose casing that woman found in sausage is used in production, safe to eat: Sheng Siong

The_King

Supermarket chain Sheng Siong has responded to feedback from a customer who found a foreign object in her cocktail sausage following investigations by the product's supplier.

Stomper B said her mother had purchased a packet of Ayamas Premium Cheese Chicken Cocktail Sausages from Sheng Siong's Block 573 Woodlands Drive 16 outlet.

B and her family were having their dinner on July 25 when she bit into a plastic sheet in one of the sausages.

The Stomper recounted: "I was enjoying my dinner and tried to bite half of the sausage when I felt something unusual.

"I tried to pull and spit it out, and realised that there was a plastic sheet stuck in the sausage."

B, who sent photos of the incident, said that only one piece of sausage was affected but her family decided to throw the entire packet away.

In response to a Stomp query, a spokesman for Sheng Siong said: "We appreciate that the customer has brought this incident to our attention and we apologise for it.

"When we were informed of the incident, we immediately recalled this batch of Ayamas Cocktail Sausage with the expiry date May 4, 2021, from all our stores and notified the supplier.

"Based on the supplier’s investigations, the foreign object is the cellulose casing used in production. This casing is used to form the shape of the sausages and is safe for use in food."

The spokesman also said that Sheng Siong would like to offer a refund or exchange to the affected customer.

sausagemain.jpghd1.jpg?itok=MKqllrOlhd5.jpg?itok=rsLRINEJ

Plant need to shut and a thorough review is done

unless we are third world or crony filled

• Like 1

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube

nb, sheng siong really think people no knowledge of food manufacturing knowledge.

the edible cellulose film shld be wrapping ard and not inside the food.

when this film is not processed during the pre-cooked, it is not easily digestible and can lead to worst case, intestinal damage.

sheng siong shld come out with a better statement such as alerting ava on this issue and that they will not carry the product pending conclusion of investigation. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

nb, sheng siong really think people no knowledge of food manufacturing knowledge.

the edible cellulose film shld be wrapping ard and not inside the food.

when this film is not processed during the pre-cooked, it is not easily digestible and can lead to worst case, intestinal damage.

sheng siong shld come out with a better statement such as alerting ava on this issue and that they will not carry the product pending conclusion of investigation. 

Truelyasia manufacturer learn from their leader

• Wahaha 2

I think the person in ss did not see the pic

how can they brush this off. This is definitely an issue in the factory. 

I suspect employee just throw everything in to the grinder and the ingredient can stuff into the sleeve

• Like 1

Helping a friend to gain more subscribers. He is quite a talented music creator. Look for "Thee Influence" in Youtube