[Football] The Premier League thread

ManOfTheHour

Who Chelsea need to buy next after Enzo Fernandez | FootballTransfers.com

Chelsea have agreed a British record 121m euro (£107m) deal for Benfica's Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez.

The deal eclipses the £100m Manchester City paid for Jack Grealish in 2021.

Benfica said in a statement it had "reached an agreement with Chelsea FC for the sale of all the rights of the player Enzo Fernandez".

Fernandez, who only joined Benfica for a reported £10m in August, was named young player of the tournament during Argentina's World Cup triumph in Qatar.

The 22-year-old's arrival takes Chelsea's January spending to £288m, according to transfer website Transfermarkt.

That follows an outlay of around £270m in the summer - a record for a British club in the summer window - taking their total spend under new American owner Todd Boehly to more than £550m on 17 new players.

The Fernandez signing is the joint-sixth most expensive of all-time, equalling the 120m euros Barcelona paid for France forward Antoine Griezmann in 2019.

Source: Enzo Fernandez transfer news: Chelsea agree British record £107m fee for Benfica midfielder - BBC Sport

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Its fucking ridiculous. Enzo is a huge upgrade from Jorginho. I am jealous lol

I dunno why arsenal buy jorginho...i dun think suit their play, they play fast pressing and movement

This jorginho is like an old man, will disrupt their momentum

3 minutes ago, Homelander said:

I dunno why arsenal buy jorginho...i dun think suit their play, they play fast pressing and movement

This jorginho is like an old man, will disrupt their momentum

Desperate. Cos Partey out. 
same with Man Utd loaning a midfielder cos Eriksen injured

only Liverpool dont care abt their midfield

IMG-7224.jpg

1 minute ago, ManOfTheHour said:

Desperate. Cos Partey out. 
same with Man Utd loaning a midfielder cos Eriksen injured

only Liverpool dont care abt their midfield

Sabitzer i think is a shrewd signing...i watch him play at leipzig is pretty good, can pass long and short

Yeah Liverpool like turn blind eye on their midfield...obviously got flaws and youngsters not ready yet, they didi insist on going this way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homelander said:

Sabitzer i think is a shrewd signing...i watch him play at leipzig is pretty good, can pass long and short

Yeah Liverpool like turn blind eye on their midfield...obviously got flaws and youngsters not ready yet, they didi insist on going this way

Sabitzer is a good signing. 

LFC are competing with Everton on who is the worst run club this season

IMG-7224.jpg

43 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Who Chelsea need to buy next after Enzo Fernandez | FootballTransfers.com

Chelsea have agreed a British record 121m euro (£107m) deal for Benfica's Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez.

The deal eclipses the £100m Manchester City paid for Jack Grealish in 2021.

Benfica said in a statement it had "reached an agreement with Chelsea FC for the sale of all the rights of the player Enzo Fernandez".

Fernandez, who only joined Benfica for a reported £10m in August, was named young player of the tournament during Argentina's World Cup triumph in Qatar.

The 22-year-old's arrival takes Chelsea's January spending to £288m, according to transfer website Transfermarkt.

That follows an outlay of around £270m in the summer - a record for a British club in the summer window - taking their total spend under new American owner Todd Boehly to more than £550m on 17 new players.

The Fernandez signing is the joint-sixth most expensive of all-time, equalling the 120m euros Barcelona paid for France forward Antoine Griezmann in 2019.

Source: Enzo Fernandez transfer news: Chelsea agree British record £107m fee for Benfica midfielder - BBC Sport

Grealish now not so stress