kl kgk bot several service apartments, now cannot service loans liao!!!!!

socrates469bc

Sleepless nights – that would best describe the mental state of Alex, a property investor, these past few months. He had been optimistic about three years ago when he bought several properties on the advice of a “property guru”. Property prices will go up, you can enjoy bulk discounts and benefit from the rebates now, he was told. He was assured of great options for short or long-term rent to cover the mortgage, plus a lot of cash in hand.  

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/cover-story-property-investors-under-pressure

really is kgk to the max.

i buy ocbc share can sleep easy with tax-free dividends and tax-free capital gain.

wahahahahha

• Wahaha 2

18 minutes ago, XianGe said:

Property actually got risk as well... More worth it to buy shares... 

best thing abt shares r that they r liquid assets. 

can buy/sell whenever i see a good price with only 0.3% all-in transaction costs.

best of all is that capital gains and dividends r tax-free.

thats why when property agents ask me buy retail lots, i ask them why dont i buy reits????? same thing also.

wahahahahhaha

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Homelander said:

Over leveraged liao

a private banker told me that several of her clients took up this leveraged play a few yrs back.

their reasoning goes that since banks in sgp usually finance up to 75% of a housing loan and with the property as collateral, they might as well buy 4 properties instead of just 1 fully paid-up property. 

they can rent out the other 3 properties to generate more than enough income for loan repayments.

i just laugh at their simple logic.

so much hassle for so little money and these kgks also song to boast abt it.

wahahahahhaha

• Like 1