Upcoming games (Pc or consoles)

chamfer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

em-me-ag-v3-1684162912016.jpg

New World developer Amazon Games has partnered with Embracer Group's Middle-earth Enterprises to create a brand new MMO based on The Lord of the Rings.

The massively multiplayer online game, which is completely separate from 2007's The Lord of the Rings Online and from Amazon's previously cancelled Lord of the Rings MMO, is currently in the early stages of development and as of yet has no official title.

Amazon Games Orange County, the team behind New World, is leading development on the new MMO, which will come to PC and consoles. No release window was given, though Amazon Games did say it would feature the stories of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings book trilogy.

"We’re taking every care to deliver an MMO which will do justice to the expansive Middle-earth universe and delight players around the world.“

"Bringing players a fresh take on The Lord of the Rings has long been an aspiration for our team, and we’re honoured and grateful that Middle-earth Enterprises is entrusting us with this iconic world," said Christoph Hartmann, Amazon Games vice president.

Hartmann also made clear to IGN that this project is a brand new take on a Lord of the Rings MMO and won't be using any materials from the one Amazon cancelled in 2021. "It's completely new," he said. "The old project wasn't very long [in] development. It's not that it was a three year project, it was a fairly small team working on a certain part of the game, but that was not a full-blown production."

The team at Amazon Games also appears confident in their ability to produce a high quality MMO, saying only technical limitations will hold them back.https://www.ign.com/articles/lord-of-the-rings-mmo-coming-from-new-world-developer-amazon-games

• Like 1

Finally the wait is over.....

Got system shock and system shock 2 in my steam library. But i still will buy this. My young adult time memories of chionging this game until almost end of game. Never finished the game coz keep dying at that last few portions.

Edited by chamfer

• 2 weeks later...