[BREAKING] Erling Haaland signs for Borussia Dortmund INSTEAD OF MAN UTD!!

meng.huat

Erling Haaland signs for Borussia Dortmund from Red Bull Salzburg

Borussia Dortmund have announced the signing of Manchester United target Erling Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg.

The highly rated 19-year-old striker arrives in Germany on a four-and-a-half-year deal and will join the Bundesliga club officially on January 3, ending speculation over a potential move to United.

Norway international Haaland has scored 28 times and has registered seven assists in just 22 games for Salzburg this season across all competitions, with eight goals in six Champions League matches.

"I had intensive discussions with the club management and the sports management, especially with Hans-Joachim Watzke, Michael Zorc and trainer Lucien Favre," Haaland said.

"There was a feeling right from the start that I absolutely wanted to switch to this club, go this route and play football in this incredible Dortmund atmosphere in front of more than 80,000 spectators. I'm already burning for it."

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke added: "Despite many offers from absolute top clubs from all over Europe, Erling Haaland decided on the task at BVB. Our tenacity has paid off."

Sports director Michael Zorc, who led the negotiations, said: "We can all look forward to an ambitious, athletic and physically strong centre-forward with a pronounced goal instinct and impressive speed.

"We would like to develop [that] further in Dortmund. At the age of 19, Erling is of course just beginning a hopefully great career."

EM9hpe8WwAA4Mba?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11899/11897354/erling-haaland-signs-for-borussia-dortmund-from-rb-salzburg

BVB sign Erling Haaland

Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund have signed a classic number nine: 19-year-old Erling Braut Haaland, the most exciting young striker in Europe, is moving from Salzburg to join the the eight-time German champions. The Norwegian has penned a deal which will keep him at the club until 30 June 2024.

BVB have notified Haaland's current employers that all contractual conditions necessary for the completion of the transfer will be met in good time.

''Despite receiving numerous offers from some of the biggest clubs in Europe, Erling Haaland has decided that the best option for his career is to come and join our project here at BVB. Our persistence has paid off,'' said Hans-Joachim Watzke, Chief Executive Officer of Borusia Dortmund. Sporting Director Michael Zorc, who led the negotiations with Haaland and his representatives, was equally positive in his assessment: ''We can all look forward to having an ambitious, athletic and physically imposing centre-forward here at the club. Haaland boasts a real eye for goal and impressive speed, and we are confident that we can develop him even further here in Dortmund. At just 19 years of age, he is at the very start of what promises to be an incredible career!''

Haaland has given various demonstrations of his outstanding qualities over the past few months. In the 14 league matches he played for Salzburg this season, the Norwegian scored 16 goals and provided six assists, while in the UEFA Champions League, the towering centre-forward has scored eight goals and provided one assist in his six appearances in the competition.

Haaland recently spent a few days in Dortmund to get a feel for the club and familiarise himself with the training facilities. ''I had several intense conversations with the club's management team, in particular with Hans-Joachim Watzke, Michael Zorc and coach Lucien Favre. Right from the very start, I knew I wanted to move here. I can't wait to get started and play in front of over 80,000 fans in the incredible Dortmund atmosphere. I'm so excited,'' said Haaland. 

Haaland will join the first-team squad on 3 January before departing for winter training camp in Marbella (Spain) the following day.

Halland_B_buehnenbild_regular.jpg

https://www.bvb.de/eng

Edited by meng.huat
  • Wahaha 1

2 hours ago, Homelander said:

yeah sure have lah...last striker flop from dortmund i think is ciro immobile...go back serie a start scoring again

I hope Dortmund can mature the guy. Age is on his side

He seems like a diva and have false ego. He was a star at Austrian league. Become Ronaldo/Messi level then can act like the douche he is.

IMG-7224.jpg

2 hours ago, ManOfTheHour said:

I hope Dortmund can mature the guy. Age is on his side

He seems like a diva and have false ego. He was a star at Austrian league. Become Ronaldo/Messi level then can act like the douche he is.

he reminds me of martin odegaard...hopefully both can develop

• Wahaha 1