Misfrumini living

The_King

• 1 month later...

my idea of Misfrumini (miser + frugal + Minimalism).   One of my most important priority which rank at top 3 is Food Preservation

Remember this, Bacteria and molds need water to grow.  Food Preservation is about interfering the microbe growth

Firstly  is canning (sadly which dont work here as it too humid and hot) you can, CAN almost any food 

just remember 2 safe method for food canning:

Boiling water bath method (For acid foods only if you low acid foods for this methods, the spores will grow and create botulinum toxins(poisons))

Pressure canner method (For low acid foods)

other Food Preservation:

Fermentation (cant work here, as it too humid and hot)

Dehydrating (which can work here)

Freezing  (which can work here)

Preserving in Salt and Sugar  (which can work here)

alcohol (which can work here)

Vinegar (which can work here)

• Like 1
  • Full Of Win 1

top 3 is Food Preservation

top 2 is  composting/growing food and also creating, using everyday stuff that need dont need to depend much on the grid ( in simple explanation to be self-sufficient without reliance on one or more public utilities)

top 1 is not sharing, sorry

• 3 weeks later...

learn something new again. Now i have no problem buy bulk dry goods. hahahahahaha

long term storage for dry goods that will last between 10 and 20 years

it called Oven Canning or dry canning for dry goods (like bean, rice, noodles, flour, cracker  etc....)

Edited by The_King
  • Like 2

me one person cooking so it enough, once i retire, i will have plenty of time to find Twigs .

like wake up at noon, brush teeth,bath then go out. then walk to nearby mall to go library to read and charge computer then on the way home go find Twigs and at the same time my 3 to 6 empty water bottle (1.5lites) will be filled up at the mall if i need do other hunting then i fill up 3 bottle if not it 6 bottle then slowly walk home and find Twigs 

then go home i make my own noodles using flour

muahahahha what a simple stress free life

i found it. 

Turn fire into electricity with BioLite's award-winning stove. Patented combustion technology creates a vortex of smokeless flames for a portable campfire that can cook your meals and charge your gear, all at the same time. Leave the gas canisters behind and unlock the potential of the sticks and twigs around you.

Smokeless Flames

BioLite's patented combustion technology burns off smoke before it has the chance to escape the fire. Control the size of your flame with 4 fan speeds.

Turn Fire Into Electricity

Create 3 watts of electricity from the heat of your fire and use it to charge devices in real-time or store for later use with on-board 2600mAh battery

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/A93FF31A-F754-499F-A8C9-A2D161B27F22

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/campstove-2

Edited by The_King
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...